Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

OneSite - Page 4
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

OneSite

Comments

• We'll see :)
    We are also preparing a big update RIGHT NOW.
    WIll announce here once it's fully done

• time4vpstime4vps Member, Host Rep
    edited September 2016

BradND said: Can't wait for the "Onesite.co disappeared and I lost all my business critical files" thread.

How about 000webhost.com, x10hosting.com ? Have a little fate in this project :) . Summer is finished, DP (dead pool) chance lowered to 50%.

• Thanks!!

• DETioDETio Member
    edited September 2016

@time4vps said:

BradND said: Can't wait for the "Onesite.co disappeared and I lost all my business critical files" thread.

How about 000webhost.com, x10hosting.com ? Have a little fate in this project :) . Summer is finished, DP (dead pool) chance lowered to 50%.

In my opinion, hardware prices have dropped crazily over the last 5 years. Infrastructure is at it's all-time low. With a service selling Cloud Servers/VPS as their main source of revenue, free shared hosting on the side can be a great way to generate leads as a loss-leader. Eventually some websites will outgrow their shared hosting, and if they already have a good experience with OneSite.co I'm sure they would upgrade.

If fvsegarra ensures he handles the following quite well, I think his startup will do well:

• Utilize a DDOS protected network
    • Not allow websites to utilize too much of the shared service, since it's free I think it should be a service for small websites.
    • Handle abuse well
  • @fvsegarra said:
    We'll see :)
    We are also preparing a big update RIGHT NOW.
    WIll announce here once it's fully done

I expect "REVOLUTIONARY" features, that are "UNIQUE" as your service claims to offer

• Priceless thread.

Thanked by 1GCat
  • We've just opened registration for everybody.
    No more Invites are required.
    Feel free to try OneSite.

• trewqtrewq Administrator, Patron Provider

@fvsegarra said:
    We've just opened registration for everybody.
    No more Invites are required.
    Feel free to try OneSite.

Could you please explain to me how your free hosting differs from other competitors past the stability you claim? What value added features do you offer?

Where are your servers located?

Why do you think your business will succeed where others have failed?

How long do you expect to be running without covering costs from ads?

Why did you decided to get into free hosting when the market is already saturated?

How do you plan on converting this business to actual profits?

Why should people trust you with their data?

Thanks!

• fvsegarrafvsegarra Member
    edited September 2016

Hello,
    Thanks for your questions @trewq
    The servers are located in the US. The free hosting market is not saturated; the paid web hosting market is. We found that there was a need on the market for a serious, reliable free web hosting provider. We provide cPanel, on reliable servers, free of abuse. A free quality service for legit users.

If I ran a paid web hosting business, I would for instance invest 3.000€/mo avg in marketing and servers, and maybe after 6 months I would start earning 3.000€ per month, and after 2 years I would start making net profits.
    On the other hand, by offering free hosting, my initial investment covers servers and marketing costs. This costs will be lower than those 3.000€/mo avg and will yield the same result in the long run (upgrades).

Oh, and people should trust me because I currently work in the business development of Hostinger International and I've been working on the industry for over 4 years

• @fvsegarra said:
    Oh, and people should trust me because I currently work in the business development of Hostinger International and I've been working on the industry for over 4 years

Lol.

@ATHK said:

@fvsegarra said:

Lol.

I agree, everything about this seems like it's going to turn out ugly.

• fvsegarra said: Oh, and people should trust me because I currently work in the business development of Hostinger International and I've been working on the industry for over 4 years

You just lost my trust to you. Have a good one with your venture.

• I tried to register. But failed.
    "Regiatration Failed!
    Este enlace ya no es valido, por que ya fue usado para este correo/dominio!."

• Hate to burst your bubble @fvsegarra, but there are plenty of good free hosting providers. HostMada, AFreeCloud -- those companies offer very good free web hosting.

• BeardyUnixGuyBeardyUnixGuy Member
    edited September 2016

Honestly, everyone should stop busting @fvsegarra's balls!!!

He came here with a business idea that wasn't (from what we've heard so far) terribly original, and so advice was given. If he chooses to proceed then that's his thing! Let him be!

But can everyone please stopping sitting at their desks and taking a piss at this guy for the dumbest of reasons! Compared to others, he's handled the LET-crowd flaming like a champ since he's still responding to the community in a respectable fashion.

Many other successful companies started their journey amidst the existence of competition and even monopolies.

@fvsegarra, you have the opportunity to either prove to this community that they were right, or that they were wrong about you. The choice is yours, good luck!

drops mic

• brilliance said: I tried to register. But failed. "Regiatration Failed! Este enlace ya no es valido, por que ya fue usado para este correo/dominio!."

@fvsegarra, please sort this out. It's not a good reflection on your company, especially with the current negativity.

This community will be harsh with you, so don't waste their time with broken stuff.

However, understand that surviving the LET trial-by-fire is an accomplishment.

• @trewq said:

@ATHK said:

@fvsegarra said:

Lol.

I was mainly laughing at the statement of "people should trust me", trust needs to be earned especially when personal information and property is involved.

And we see that here at LET and with anything in life..

@ATHK said:

@trewq said:

@ATHK said:

@fvsegarra said:

Lol.

I was mainly laughing at the statement of "people should trust me", trust needs to be earned especially when personal information and property is involved.

And we see that here at LET and with anything in life..

Yeah, that's why I asked the question. I don't trust people if they are giving free services because the money has to come from somewhere and it's normally the data you give them.

• StealthyHostingStealthyHosting Member, Host Rep
    edited September 2016

Just FYI if you're going to use cloudflare move those MX records off the same IP ;)

• fvsegarrafvsegarra Member
    edited September 2016

Hi guys,
    Issue fixed. That message means that you already signed up with that email/domain. We will also limit sign ups per IP. We make revenue from ads and we will consider this as an initial investment to, at some point, start selling paid hosting services.

Nothing else to say. We'll see what happens in a few weeks or months.

Thanked by 1yomero
  • @fvsegarra said:
    Hi guys,
    Issue fixed. That message means that you already signed up with that email/domain. We will also limit sign ups per IP. We make revenue from ads and we will consider this as an initial investment to, at some point, start selling paid hosting services.

Nothing else to say. We'll see what happens in a few weeks or months.

Good luck!

• LeeLee Veteran
    edited September 2016

BeardyUnixGuy said: He came here with a business idea

No, he came here making an advertisement disguised as a "what do think of my new service".

I would rate it as truly awful at this point. The investment in your site/brand is an indication of what to expect from the service.

• I came here to know what you thought of the service.
    Now, we'll see what happens, as basically no one here believes that this will work

• @fvsegarra said:

>

I came here to know what you thought of the service.

at least you've got a clear answer to that question:

@fvsegarra said:

>

basically no one here believes that this will work

Thanked by 1Lee
  • I want to prove that you can grow faster as a paid web hosting provider by offering free web hosting than by doing intense advertising :)

• LeeLee Veteran
    edited September 2016

fvsegarra said: I want to prove that you can grow faster as a paid web hosting provider by offering free web hosting than by doing intense advertising :)

Do yourself a favor and focus on that then instead of posting what is just useless drivel now. You're just trying to convince yourself, not us.

• @fvsegarra said:
    I want to prove that you can grow faster as a paid web hosting provider by offering free web hosting than by doing intense advertising :)

and IMHO there is really nothing wrong with that - try hard and hopefully succeed, best of luck!

• Thanks! :)

• @fvsegarra said:

NoH8 but... 'trust me, this is my hobby' is NOT the best reassurance in the world (well aside from any opinions on the work experience)

• Tried to sign up but after clicking "submit" was bounced to an error page. Tried again and received "email already hosted at OneSite".

Never received an email with any sort of information.

Caveat Emptor.

This discussion has been closed.