Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

OneSite - Page 5
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

OneSite

Comments

• LeeLee Veteran
    edited September 2016

ACaton said: Caveat Emptor

It's free...

• @Lee said:

ACaton said: Caveat Emptor

It's free...

Caveat Adoptor?

Thanked by 1Lee
  • @mycosys,
    We were having some compatibility issues with the form, but we fixed them immediately.
    Please try now, everything should run smoothly! https://onesite.co/
    I invite you all to try out OneSite and let me know what you think of it!

• I have signed up, mostly to see how it works. So here is my feedback so far (not going to delve into business model, but trying to compare you with other free hosts I have seen and tried)

1) Clicking on "ACTIVAR" gave me an error message in Spanish. I didn't take a screen shot, but when I tried again it said that the activation link had already been used once. Guess the first time, the account was activated and then the error message popped up. I am able to use the account now. (You should probably think of changing all communication/messages to English)
    2) The link to the cPanel is way at the bottom in the footer. Not my first choice of location. Probably should be alongside with the "Sign Up" as a similar button "Login"
    3) The home page is pretty simple. I don't see the features you offer. The stuff about 'no ads', '99.9% uptime' is lost in text.

I have installed wordpress to try the site and see how fast the server responds. Pingdom seems pretty happy with the load times (<.5s load times from the US, though from Melbourne it took ten times that)

@fvsegarra Wish you luck. I hope this works.

• @ramesh_vish,
    You signed up when we were having some compatibility issues, during the first days of opening the hosting to everyone. Now everything has been 100% and we have finally running on the stable version of OneSite!

And thanks for the performance heads up!!

• joepie91joepie91 Member, Patron Provider

fvsegarra said: You signed up when we were having some compatibility issues

fvsegarra said: We were having some compatibility issues with the form

"Compatibility issues"?

Thanked by 1GCat
  • @joepie91 said:

"Compatibility issues"?

Fancy word for "we fucked something up"..

Thanked by 1GCat
  • @ATHK said:

@joepie91 said:

"Compatibility issues"?

Fancy word for "we fucked something up"..

Don't worry though! This chap works for Hostinger International and has been working on the industry for over 4 years, top notch services that are revolutionary and completely unique and never seen before

Thanked by 2ATHK doghouch
  • fvsegarrafvsegarra Member
    edited September 2016

Haha @GCat?

• @fvsegarra said:
    Haha @GCat?

Is that a question?

• It was some kind of rethoric question, where I was asking @GCat if we expected us to laugh because of his super funny joke

• trewqtrewq Administrator, Patron Provider

@fvsegarra said:
    It was some kind of rethoric question, where I was asking @GCat if we expected us to laugh because of his super funny joke

He wasn't joking.

• raindog308raindog308 Administrator, Veteran
    edited September 2016

Everything is of course planned and this shit is going to work.

@fvsegarra said:
    Indeed, essentially all the free hosting forums are dead. All free web hosting providers are really bad, and we came here to change the game.

We'll see what happens.

Have you at least read @KuJoe 's book? It's probably out of date now but it is the only book I'm aware of on free hosting.

Thanked by 1luissousa
  • @trewq,
    Of course he was. His comment was ironic

@raindog308,
    nope, what book is this?

For your acknoledge, this month we've provided free web hosting to hundreds of people, and costs are equal to AdSense revenue, as expeceted. The only additional costs are those related to marketing, which are much lower than if I only offered paid web hosting, even though it will lead to the same result, after free clients upgrade. There is no doubt that offering free web hosting is a much better alternative than offering paid web hosting directly. My plan is getting proven.

fvsegarra said: For your acknoledge, this month we've provided free web hosting to hundreds of people, and costs are equal to AdSense revenue, as expeceted. The only additional costs are those related to marketing, which are much lower than if I only offered paid web hosting, even though it will lead to the same result, after free clients upgrade. There is no doubt that offering free web hosting is a much better alternative than offering paid web hosting directly. My plan is getting proven.

Yes, with your limited sample data you can already draw that conclusion. I doubt many if any of those free accounts will upgrade on a recurring basis. I honestly don't think you have made the sort of revenue from AdSense you are claiming.

• @trewq,
    I'm just saying that the first month fully meets our expectatives, and the recurring months shouldn't be different. Everything is well planned.
    And sure, I mean, you don't have to believe it.

• fvsegarra said: @trewq, I'm just saying that the first month fully meets our expectatives, and the recurring months shouldn't be different. Everything is well planned. And sure, I mean, you don't have to believe it.

Not sure how long it's going to take you to realize nobody here cares. You will get there though.

Thanked by 1trewq
  • No one cares:
    "2K views 137 comments"

Makes sense

• @fvsegarra said:
    No one cares:
    "2K views 137 comments"

Makes sense

don't get fooled, 95% probably are in here just waiting for drama, it's LET after all.

at least you avoided to feed drama by keep replying in an objective manner - so far, so good ;-)

Thanked by 2Lee vimalware
  • The only additional costs are those related to marketing, which are much lower than if I only offered paid web hosting

Why is that? The only thing I see that would lower because you offer free hosting is income.

• We offer sustainable free hosting, which does a lot of marketing for us, for free. Therefore, the additional marketing costs are very low. So essentially, we grow much faster than paid hostings, for very less, and at some point we will also offer paid services to make profits like they do, having spent much less

• LeeLee Veteran
    edited September 2016

trewq said: I honestly don't think you have made the sort of revenue from AdSense you are claiming.

Not a chance, with encouraged and false clicks it's possible though.

• RadiRadi Host Rep, Veteran

Looks like Eleven2 Reseller Account.

• @Falzo said:

@fvsegarra said:
    No one cares:
    "2K views 137 comments"

Makes sense

don't get fooled, 95% probably are in here just waiting for drama, it's LET after all.

at least you avoided to feed drama by keep replying in an objective manner - so far, so good ;-)

Drama has been a bit dry lately, maybe Dewlance can come entertain us

• LeeLee Veteran
    edited October 2016

@Radi said:

It is, they are not known for their tolerance of free hosts on their servers. They certainly used to have a clause in the terms specifically saying no free hosts

• @Lee said:

@Radi said:

It is, they are not known for their tolerance of free hosts on their servers. They certainly used to have a clause in the terms specifically saying no free hosts

now what could possible go wrong ;-)

Thanked by 1Lee
  • LeeLee Veteran
    edited October 2016

From Eleven2 terms.

You must take reasonable security precautions. You may not provide free hosting services to your clients. You must protect the confidentiality of your password, and you should change your password periodically.

So bottom line, it's a service that could go down at any time.

• Hi there,
    We specifically spoke with eleven2 about this and they accepted being our provider. We will use their services until we buy our own servers (hopefully by Jan 2017) :)

@fvsegarra said:
    Hi there,
    We specifically spoke with eleven2 about this and they accepted being our provider. We will use their services until we buy our own servers (hopefully by Jan 2017) :)

I thought you said that you had your own servers already? Wasn't that one of the selling points? Why wouldn't people just go buy something from BuyShared, not have a coffee that day and get service for a year at much higher quality?

Thanked by 2Lee ATHK
This discussion has been closed.