Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

OneSite - Page 3
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

OneSite

Comments

• GCatGCat Member
    edited September 2016

Bloody hell, why aren't I surprised?

• MichaelCeeMichaelCee Barred
    edited September 2016

I've read the entire thread, but I have no plans on commenting on your business plan or discussing my opinion on it. In terms of the site, I feel your legal documents would be better segregated into paragraphs with headings rather than a wall of text.

Thanked by 1GCat
  • @GCat,
    We strive to become the very best free web hosting provider out there. That's what we want to do. Our company is registered in Delaware, and I personally pay taxes in Spain (since I am from there). The advantages of having it in the USA is that I can save up on administrative paper work. The company is of course 100% transparent and we count with a law firm taking care of the legal aspects of the company.

@CeeHosting,
    Sure, we'll improve our Legal page.

As for the plan, offering the paid services we will be offering, with the conversion rate we assumed and the AdSense pay, OneSite will start being profitable as soon as we reach 1.000 visitors per day (used an accounting break even formula). This project is following a very detailed plan, to ensure that we can provide sustainable free web hosting, and make a profit.

• is it onesite.co or onesite.com (which suggest plagiarised T&Cs)

Thanked by 1GCat
  • Hi!
    onesite.co it is :)

• Depending on how aggressive onesite.com is they may well come after you for using onesite.co.

Thanked by 3GCat Falzo HostBastic
  • fvsegarra said: @GCat, We strive to become the very best free web hosting provider out there. That's what we want to do. Our company is registered in Delaware, and I personally pay taxes in Spain (since I am from there). The advantages of having it in the USA is that I can save up on administrative paper work. The company is of course 100% transparent and we count with a law firm taking care of the legal aspects of the company.

You still fail to explain how you're "REVOLUTIONARY"

• We are the ones who provide the very best free shared web hosting service, with unlimited space and bandwidth. We provide support, 99.9% uptime (nothing to do with the other billion free web hosting providers powered by YouHosting), cPanel and no ads.
    We take free web hosting seriously, and I think there aren't many who do so.

• @Lee said:

please make note into your calendar three months in the future for this one too ;-) we may have a good laugh together then ;-)

Thanked by 4Lee GCat mrtz vimalware
  • Lee said: Depending on how aggressive onesite.com is they may well come after you for using onesite.co.

Not if they change their brand to 'OneSite.co' instead of just 'OneSite'.

• @Falzo,
    I'll also be around :)
    This is not some random project that will try luck. This has been very well planned, honestly. We wouldn't dare to play with our clients websites if this wasn't sustainable.

• DETio said: Not if they change their brand to 'OneSite.co' instead of just 'OneSite'.

It would not be enough, there is enough of a case that there is confusion the two sites could be connected. Seen it too many times before, this is not borderline. But again it depends how aggressive onesite.com is. They may not care.

Falzo said: please make note into your calendar three months in the future for this one too ;-) we may have a good laugh together then ;-)

My 3 month forward diary is quite full :)

Thanked by 1Falzo
  • You made the same claims about your last venture, 2freehosting, yet it was nothing more than another youhosting reseller which is possibly the absolute worst hosting service on the planet. Why should anyone believe the claims you make today?

"We take free web hosting seriously, and I think there aren't many who do so"

Have you ever asked yourself why that is? It's because it is not a profitable business model, simple as that. If it were, the market would be saturated like every other corner of the hosting market. You have not stumbled upon something new and revolutionary but rather revived something that has failed many times in the past, for good reason. I do however, wish you good luck with your venture.

• @RockIslander,
    2FreeHosting was not mine, but Hostinger's. I worked there.
    This is my own project, we do not use YouHosting, and we will make things different.
    True, offering free web hosting is not as profitable as offering paid services only. If you are a huge company, you would of course just spend hundreds of thousands on advertising to launch your paid hosting brand and start making bigger revenues from day 1. We plan on reaching that same point, with a smaller investment.

• @fvsegarra said:

Stop lying mate. 2freehosting is yours. I've been registered on the youhosting forums long enough to know that. And after hostinger hired you, you started to push the fact that 2freehosting is owned by hostinger, which i doubt is true.

Thanked by 1RockIslander
  • @PremiumN,
    2FreeHosting has never been mine. I managed 2FreeHosting, but never owned it. Just check it's whois if available there or sth. 2FreeHosting was part of Hostinger as 1FreeHosting or ServersFree were

• @fvsegarra said:
    @Falzo,
    I'll also be around :)
    This is not some random project that will try luck. This has been very well planned, honestly. We wouldn't dare to play with our clients websites if this wasn't sustainable.

I wish you best of luck and honestly hope for you your plans are working out.

to be clear I think most of the people here probably aren't offending you like you are up to be a scam-host or alike. It is just the regular experience that most of those calculations aren't near to reality, often simply out of missing a lot of uncalculatable vectors, like mentioned ones above like abuse, attacks etc.

your calculation based on visits for instance is simply not convincing. people who visit your service once and even may register and use it, probably don't need to visit your site afterwards a lot. simply because the service doesn't require them to do so.
    they may make some visits, upload their content and only rarely need to come back if they need to change something...

after all you have no real relationship between those using your service and those 'paying' for it in terms of a simple visit. it seems more like a traffic attracting 'free this and that' page with hoping for enough people visiting out of curiosity.

you maybe more lucky if you can drive enough traffic to your site without generating real traction causing the need to cope with real customers at all, don't you think so?

• Really nice advice :)

Falzo said: you maybe more lucky if you can drive enough traffic to your site without generating real traction causing the need to cope with real customers at all, don't you think so?

What do you mean exactly?

• as far as I understood your concept you declared above, you need people visiting your site to make money through adsense. right?

while the visitor who didn't sign up for your free service probably won't come back often for another visit he also won't create much cost to you, because you don't need to provide any real service to him.

on the other hand the visitor who does sign up will cost you money because you need to deliver the 'free' service to him but most probably he also won't need to visit your site after signup a lot, therefore won't create much more additional visits to cover the costs he is causing.

let's do some math because I may lack on language to make it understandable. ;-)

a visitor who visits your site and don't sign up may visit it two or three times at all which may result in around 2 cent adsense revenue for you but cost you nothing in return.

a visitor who visits your site and signs up for your free service may visit your site six, eight or maybe ten times raising the revenue to let's say 10 cent but will cost you a lot more in return, because you need to provide real service to him which most likely won't be covered by the 8 cent difference.

so simply the visitor who comes to your site but don't sign up may probably be the better one for your business model.

• fvsegarrafvsegarra Member
    edited September 2016

Hello,
    The revenue generated by the average client who signs up for the free service + the one by those who don't sign up does cover the average free hosting service costs. Made the calculations. The problem here are the marketing costs (more or less fixed), which now add to a loss. Once we grow more, the revenue mentioned above will also cover these more or less fixed marketing costs.

Now, the revenue we generate from paid upgrades will essentially be all profit (minus taxes). Let's assume we built a sustainable free user base of 100.000 clients by Summer 2017. Let's also assume a 1% conversion rate with an average monthly revenue of $2. This is a $2000 EBIT per month, which would start growing

• ok, so at least there is a reason for the need of customers.

But I won't believe in 1% conversion rate anyways. more likely 0.1 percent and also $2 may be a real high goal for a service that started as free for the customer.

remember those customers were especially looking for a FREE service at first hand - I don't see how they are going to be convinced at those rates easily and in short time after searching for free services.

but as said above I wish you best of luck, you are really welcome to prove me and other non-believers wrong ;-)

• I think that conversion rate could very well be clode to 1%. We are working on that.
    When I managed 2FreeHosting we sold the upgrade for $2 and you would be surprised by how much revenue it made (even though it was inside the same youhosting platform).

• Let's not forget about the cost of maintenance, providing support and dealing with the huge amount of spam and abuse that is generated by free hosting services. It's not like youhosting/hostinger where the mother company doesn't care about abuse and deals with it for the reseller. If you generate repeated abuse at any reputable company and it will be GTFO real fast.

• fvsegarrafvsegarra Member
    edited September 2016

We deal with that ourselves and will carry on doing so as soon as we move from a dedicated server to our own infrastructure

• @fvsegarra said:
    We deal with that ourselves and will carry on doing so as soon as we move from a dedicated server to our own infrastructure

Who is "ourselves" you're implying more than one employee, how are you paying them?

Or are they part of some other hosting company you're integrating with?

Honestly, I've read this whole thread twice and I can't see how it'll even get off the ground..

• DETioDETio Member
    edited September 2016

@ATHK said:

@fvsegarra said:

Who is "ourselves" you're implying more than one employee, how are you paying them?

Or are they part of some other hosting company you're integrating with?

Honestly, I've read this whole thread twice and I can't see how it'll even get off the ground..

Generally a company is referred to as a 'we' instead of 'I' even if it's run by one employee.

• @DETio @ATHK,
    That's right, it's only me atm :)

And it's very simple how we'll get off the ground, honestly.
    Google AdSense will cover dedicated server costs, until we get our own servers (in which case, costs will decrease compared to usual monthly billed dedicated server costs). So costs are pretty much covered. We'll be able to grow our infraestructure at almost no cost.

Besides that, we'll be selling paid shared web hosting services and once we have our own servers, we'll also sell VPSes, Dedicated servers etc.

Essentially, by providing free web hosting we'll be able to set into the "paid" web hosting industry. Doing so in the more intense and traditional way is much more costly. You pay Xk€ upfront on marketing, and you recover those in a few years. Through our way, we also don't start making profits until some time has passed, but we spent much less money to get the same end result.

• jbarrjbarr Member
    edited September 2016

Just don't forget that "visitors per day" does not equate to "ad clicks per day". Depending on traffic and the demographic you may need orders of magnitude more "visitors" to get the ad "clicks" you require.

• fvsegarra said: Essentially, by providing free web hosting we'll be able to set into the "paid" web hosting industry. Doing so in the more intense and traditional way is much more costly. You pay Xk€ upfront on marketing, and you recover those in a few years. Through our way, we also don't start making profits until some time has passed, but we spent much less money to get the same end result.

so you finally found the true loophole in the market which no one else have discovered before ;-)
    yet we both may agree, that this market is totally unexplored and there are a lot unprejudiced people looking for smart bait g

jokes aside, please go forward into the market and show us that your calculation may make the difference or at least get a bunch of real experiences to learn from.

Thanked by 1switsys
  • Can't wait for the "Onesite.co disappeared and I lost all my business critical files" thread.

Thanked by 1zafouhar
This discussion has been closed.