Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Gestion DBI ticket emails to former customers / service terminations - Page 9
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Gestion DBI ticket emails to former customers / service terminations

Comments

• Providers in LET really need to be bulletproofed xD

• LeeLee Veteran

@david_W said:
    Providers in LET really need to be bulletproofed xD

Providers on LET, especially ones that have been about for a while know fine well not to BS members or get caught in threads like this. It's not even as if the thread is unreasonable for the most part.

• gestiondbigestiondbi Member, Patron Provider

This is the last official statement.

All information already provided are truthful and exact.

No hack has occurred and no information have been stolen. This is a software issue that have been fixed.

No more information will be provided on recommendation of our lawyers.

We thank you all our customers for their understanding and patience during this event and they can make sure, we had take and still continue to take all actions necessary to be sure this kind of event never re-occur.

P.S if some persons prefer to shame and advance false statement on the situation, it's up to them. We have been clear about the source of the issue, even all details can't be released. We know the communication during this event may have been difficult and we work on new system of communication. This being said, it's impossible to make all customer happy on this matter.

No more statement will be done by Gestion DBI representatives on this forum. If you have specific concern, our team is always available to answer to your tickets.

Regards, David

• hawchawc Moderator, LIR

Really, that doesnt inspire a lot of confidence....

Thanked by 1gsrdgrdghd
  • FalzoFalzo Member

@hawc said:
    Really, that doesnt inspire a lot of confidence....

maybe, but you have to admit that it's probably the smartest way to deal with around here. as a provider everything single word you will give in such a thread will be discussed and thrown back against you.

so if I were in this situation, I'd probably do the same and keep my mouth shut, discussion will die fast without unneccessary drama ;-)

Thanked by 1vimalware
  • lazytlazyt Member
    edited July 2016

Someone is using the Chris tdale nuggets play book

• theroyalstudent said: What's the point of you doing this?

Objectivity about how a host runs their business, just like every other host talked about here.

• @davidgestiondbi said:
    This is the last official statement.

Honestly, I don't know why he even bothered to post after such a protracted absence.

Nothing new was added.

• zedzed Member

The lawyers bit is concerning, but I hope everything's ok now.

• @zed said:
    The lawyers bit is concerning, but I hope everything's ok now.

If that bit is even true.

I'm really displeased with the absence of transparency here and it's the same story over and over again. Quick statement which makes it easy to close the door right away.

If your lawyer recommends you not to say anything to your customers, knowing full well it will damage the business even further, I'm starting to doubt it's the right lawyer.

And if it really is a legal matter, surely there will be publicly available documentation somewhere in the future, right? Not sure if the same goes for private court cases, but still.

Thanked by 1zafouhar
  • gsrdgrdghdgsrdgrdghd Member
    edited July 2016

Meh, they had their chance to apologize. Since they don't want to do that, I'll go ahead and report the spam to the proper authorities.

For everyone wanting to do the same: You can file a report with the SRC for violation of the CASL here.

Gestion's email tick all of the "Consent for Messages" checkboxes, at least for me:

For good measure I'll probably send abuse reports to the domain registrar, website hosing provider and mail provider too.

• PandyPandy Member

its funny how people are ready to do all that just because of 'couple' of emails, that was caused by a bug.

just block the email,report as spam if you really care and move on?

• LeeLee Veteran

mpkossen said: And if it really is a legal matter, surely there will be publicly available documentation somewhere in the future, right? Not sure if the same goes for private court cases, but still.

It would be interesting to know what software, I don't see anything custom so did it affect anyone else running the same software? Again I just see provider BS covering up something they don't want people to know.

Containers were deleted, but hey it's all fine because our lawyers are involved does not offer any kind of comfort to existing clients that it won't happen again, only a full explanation will.

• Mark_RMark_R Member

@Pandy said:
    its funny how people are ready to do all that just because of 'couple' of emails, that was caused by a bug.

if you dont mind having your inbox full of shite you dont care about then move along, like.. really. wtf man, you actually support unwanted email?

@gsrdgrdghd

David added a unsubscribe link in the latest email i received from him. i've used it and it said unsubscribed.

its definitly good its there now, hopefully it works longterm.

• PandyPandy Member

@Mark_R said:

@Pandy said:

if you dont mind having your inbox full of shite you dont care about then move along, like.. really. wtf man, you actually support unwanted email?

@gsrdgrdghd

David added a unsubscribe link in the latest email i received from him. i've used it and it said unsubscribed.

I said block the email, report as spam if you really care and just move on.
    That guy is saying he will report it to everything he knows, just over that.

I dont have services with them or anything, but really all that over a bug in system that has been fixed?

I mean, if its that big of a deal to him then..

• Mark_RMark_R Member

@Pandy said:

@Mark_R said:

@Pandy said:

@gsrdgrdghd

I dont have services with them or anything, but really all that over a bug in system that has been fixed?

i wonder if you read anything b4 replying, no offense.

• PandyPandy Member

@Mark_R said:

@Pandy said:

@Mark_R said:

@Pandy said:

What did i not read?

I replied to him when he said he was going to go and report it to his webhost, domain registrar etc.

I then replied to you, that i did not support unwanted email, but a bug in the system is a different thing imo. and at the end was referring to the earlier thing.

i just think you have made this into alot bigger deal than it is, but maybe i you just care enough to feel what you feel

• Mark_RMark_R Member

@Pandy said:

@Mark_R said:

@Pandy said:

@Mark_R said:

@Pandy said:

What did i not read?

I replied to him when he said he was going to go and report it to his webhost, domain registrar etc.

I then replied to you, that i did not support unwanted email, but a bug in the system is a different thing imo. and at the end was referring to the earlier thing.

i just think you have made this into alot bigger deal than it is, but maybe i you just care enough to feel what you feel

i just dont like bullshit like this. it never should've have become a thread like this one. david just had to fuck around and not simply remove me from his email lists as he promised to do earlier in this thread but didn't end up doing..

i've never cared about the other things david did wrong, but they still got mixed up in this thread and people started discussing it. not really in my control or anything, david fueled this entire thread by not fixing things.

• @Mark_R said:
    i've never cared about the other things david did wrong, but they still got mixed up in this thread and people started discussing it. not really in my control or anything, david fueled this entire thread by not fixing things.

I mean you could of just asked in the cest pit if anyone else was being sent these multiples of tickets rather than make a thread and go over the top yourself acting like you've been emotionally distressed over a few emails...?

• PandyPandy Member

@Mark_R said:

@Pandy said:

@Mark_R said:

@Pandy said:

@Mark_R said:

@Pandy said:

What did i not read?

i just dont like bullshit like this. it never should've have become a thread like this one. david just had to fuck around and not simply remove me from his email lists as he promised to do earlier in this thread but didn't end up doing..

Maybe that is true, and i havent exactly read the whole thread either. But still i know that there was a bug in the system, it got fixed. there might be alot of stuff in there that we dont know yet, but honestly going around and reporting them everywere they know just over 'couple' of emails that they, at that point, couldnt do much to prevent? (I mean still, thats only emails) and in the end it got fixed.

Could they have done better job? probably yes.

But is it enough to go around reporting them everywere? I dont think so. And that was what my first reply was about

• Mark_RMark_R Member

@IThinkUFailed said:

@Mark_R said:

I mean you could of just asked in the cest pit if anyone else was being sent these multiples of tickets rather than make a thread and go over the top yourself acting like you've been emotionally distressed over a few emails...?

emotionally distressed? im sorry you see it this way. maybe you shouldn't make it a personal matter and focus on the topic and it's contents instead.

• @Mark_R said:

@IThinkUFailed said:

@Mark_R said:

emotionally distressed? im sorry you see it this way. maybe you shouldn't make it a personal matter and focus on the topic and it's contents instead.

I'm sorry but how did I make this a personal matter...?

• Mark_RMark_R Member
    edited July 2016

@Pandy said:

@Mark_R said:

@Pandy said:

@Mark_R said:

@Pandy said:

@Mark_R said:

@Pandy said:

What did i not read?

Maybe that is true, and i havent exactly read the whole thread either. But still i know that there was a bug in the system, it got fixed. there might be alot of stuff in there that we dont know yet, but honestly going around and reporting them everywere they know just over 'couple' of emails that they, at that point, couldnt do much to prevent? (I mean still, thats only emails) and in the end it got fixed.

Could they have done better job? probably yes.

But is it enough to go around reporting them everywere? I dont think so. And that was what my first reply was about

Honestly, they would deserve the reports because if you read the entire thread you'd see im not the only one that recieved a ton of unwanted (spam) emails. but i dont know if these reports will hold up now anyways, david added an unsubscribe link in his latest email (im happy about david fixing that and hope it works longterm.)

• Mark_RMark_R Member

@IThinkUFailed said:

@Mark_R said:

@IThinkUFailed said:

@Mark_R said:

you dont read what you write before posting? im done replying to you.

• @Mark_R said:

@IThinkUFailed said:

@Mark_R said:

@IThinkUFailed said:

@Mark_R said:

you dont read what you write before posting? im done replying to you.

I did read what I posted... Nowhere did I make it personal?

• I would like to point out that despite all the complains in this thread and my repeated (3 or 4 times) complaints I am still receiving spam from Gestion DBI:

@Administration (I don't know who is in charge right now, but probably still ColoCrossing): This company is clearly in violation of multiple laws. Are they still allowed to advertise here? And if yes, why?

• jarjar Patron Provider, Top Host, Veteran

@gsrdgrdghd said:
    @Administration (I don't know who is in charge right now, but probably still ColoCrossing): This company is clearly in violation of multiple laws. Are they still allowed to advertise here? And if yes, why?

That'd be me. Let me read over this some more as soon as I get a moment. About to go see family.

• @jarland said:

@gsrdgrdghd said:

That'd be me. Let me read over this some more as soon as I get a moment. About to go see family.

Fuck thanksgiving, people are receiving occasional unsolicited emails, you heartless bastard.

Thanked by 1ATHK
  • Generally we don't get involved in happenings outside of this forum as it is not our responsibility. If you are receiving non CAN-SPAM compliant emails that you have opted out of I would just report it to the relevant bodies, contact their upstream, or block it on your email server / service provider.

• AnthonySmithAnthonySmith Member, Patron Provider

gsrdgrdghd said: I would like to point out that despite all the complains in this thread and my repeated (3 or 4 times) complaints I am still receiving spam from Gestion DBI

Your complaints in this thread are not really the right way to stop receiving marketing email, if you have logged in to the client panel and removed marketing messages from your preferences and your still getting them, mark it as spam, done.

Thanked by 1gestiondbi
This discussion has been closed.