Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Gestion DBI ticket emails to former customers / service terminations - Page 5
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Gestion DBI ticket emails to former customers / service terminations

Comments

• ATHKATHK Member

@vedran said:

@AnthonySmith said:
    ......... ffs its a f****ing email, get over it.

I can't get over the fact this particular provider decided to insult people here just because they pointed out there is a problem. This is not an issue with email anymore.

What insult?

• ricardoricardo Member
    edited June 2016

Yeah, LET the place where you're not allowed to subjectively observe web hosts........

Thanked by 1KermEd
  • Mark_RMark_R Member

@ricardo said:
    Yeah, LET the place where you're not allowed to subjectively observe web hosts........

looks like it!

• ATHK said: What insult?

In response to people complaining about his email spam:

davidgestiondbi said: When I think some people here have voting right...

• jarjar Patron Provider, Top Host, Veteran
    edited June 2016

@Mark_R said:

@ricardo said:

looks like it!

Hmm? I changed the title to be more relevant to the situation. I changed no content, banned no one. Members are often protected from hosts here who post their information, hosts are often protected from members who make unfair thread titles about them.

• Mark_RMark_R Member

@jarland said:

@Mark_R said:

@ricardo said:

looks like it!

Hmm? I changed the title to be more relevant to the situation. I changed no content, banned no one. Members are often protected from hosts here who post their information, hosts are often protected from members who make unfair thread titles about them.

i wrote that reply to ricardo as-in agreement you cannot say bad things about a provider without getting a label put on you that says 'shaming' or some hate for pointing out legit issues, certain people in this thread just have been attacking me passive-agressively for bringing this thread up. its not a good thing because if this proceeds we soon have no-one posting provider related problems that need to be brought to light, these people will just leave and give up on LET. it will become a very one-sided forum with only people favoring providers even when its not right. that is my concern currently.

Thanked by 2jar kerouac
  • Well for me, I didn't see the original title. I'm just noting that the OP has posted what seems to be a worthwhile acknowledgement of a LET provider messing up things a bit. That's what I see the intent and purpose as, but lots of OT stuff. It's fine "just training the spam filter" but IIRC this place was to discuss the pro's, con's and daily dramas of web hosts. Not complicated for me.

Thanked by 1jar
    1. Forum user/former customer reports issue with many mails coming to their inbox even though they don't have any service anymore with said provider.
    2. User is being attacked by community and called a public shamer of a said "trusted" provider.
    3. More users/former customers come and report the same issue.
    4. Provider attacks the user too and insults others.
    5. Discussion about what is spam in regards to this situation starts - people agrue...
    6. Turns out said provider knows about the issues but does not care to fix it - so basically all the e-mails that are coming to people who are not longer service holders or customers of said providers are indeed spam
    7. Most community users continue attacks on victims of the mail floods.
    8. ??? thread turned into drama ??? people are all going crazy about it

LET as I know it from lurking before I joined lolllll what a f*** great site..

Thanked by 3Mark_R tommy kerouac
  • ehabehab Member

why not stop this thread already and enjoy the remaining of Sunday :)

different members, different providers, totally diverse replies and comprehensions. one thing for sure... LET will always be like this.

Thanked by 1gestiondbi
  • NeoonNeoon Community Contributor, Veteran
    edited June 2016

Wonderfull, another LET Drama.

• Mark_R said: it will become a very one-sided forum with only people favoring providers even when its not right.

To be fair you can't really expect anything else in a forum owned by a provider and administrated by someone who works for a provider. Everyone is biased and its only logical that providers are biased towards other providers.

edited June 2016

gsrdgrdghd said: Everyone is biased

Aye, the best one can do is admit their biases and do their best to be fair. I spend my time here working in the favor of both providers and members, quite equally I like to think. But that doesn't matter to anyone, people just like drama. Every individual instance of things some people don't like will be held up by said people as "The way things are, the only thing that happens here." That's the job. Some people don't want truth, some people want things to complain about. I made myself the target with the Administrator title. I won't lose sleep over it.

If I truly wanted to protect the provider and ridicule the member, I would not have went with the title edit that I did. It calls attention to their mistakes quite plainly. It does not, however, accuse them of "SPAM" in all caps like the original title.

Thanked by 1vedran
  • Mark_RMark_R Member
    edited June 2016

@gsrdgrdghd said:

Mark_R said: it will become a very one-sided forum with only people favoring providers even when its not right.

To be fair you can't really expect anything else in a forum owned by a provider and administrated by someone who works for a provider. Everyone is biased and its only logical that providers are biased towards other providers.

while i get that i dont see it benefit them in the longrun, legit users will leave the forum and all you will have left is a forum like WHT. providers spamming offers and no users populating the forum with interesting things / problems people need to be aware of, its gonna be just offers and more offers or a new breed of 4chan.

• New TL;DR, anyone?

Mine would be:

@Mark_R loves free drama and attention, even if it's negative...

What is so hard about marking the mail as spam - just mark, and get over it already. No point trying to get your (much-rejected) point across the room and bumping this thread so more will see it.

I don't think I will be happy (and respond calmly) if my systems fail and it's not my fault, and then some random dude on the internet starts accusing the consequences of the failure as something intended and takes it as a chance to shame.

Also, it's not like they have a few containers to recover - I'm gonna assume it's quite a lot, but yeah. If you logically think, it's no surprise that he doesn't care about the spam mails for now, since he would probably be busy restoring containers and making sure that his customers don't leave him (since your thread probably scared away anyone who visits LET from buying anything from them).

@DavidGestionDBI should give some figures on the number of support tickets and containers to restore, at the end of this incident. and of course a proper apology.

• tommytommy Member

Another lesson :
    dont blame LET favorite host, people will said it your fault, and thousand of execuse.

It's your fault period :) lol

• NielsHNielsH Member

@davidgestiondbi said:
    Okay, c'mon

1- You are a customer of us.
    2- This email is send to only ACTIVE AND HAVING A VPS WITH US customers only.
    3- This unfortunately can't be assign to only affected customers, so all customer having a VPS receive an email.
    4- Since some stu** folks decide to DDoS the Client Area during the outage, the IP get nullrouted every minutes and this cause issue to reach the mail server, and sometime cron start sending again.
    5- I don't care about the cron, since it's more important to restore Customer data than fixing a cron issue with no impact than having 3-6 email in my mailbox. This is my opinion however.
    6- Next time, open a ticket with your provider before shaming in public.
    7- Good new, We have more than 90% of the VPS restored.

THANK YOU to all who understand the issue and the impact and work with us to resolve it.
    For others, it's weekend, so go outside and drink a beer for me.

Regards, David

Wow so aggresive. Have services with you but if you handle (ex)-clients this way im out ASAP.

Thanked by 1TehEnforce
  • support123support123 Member
    edited June 2016

Thanks for the drama everyone

• RadiRadi Host Rep, Veteran

This thread made me want to buy a VPS from them. :D

Any promo @davidgestiondbi ?

@tommy said:
    Another lesson :
    dont blame LET favorite host, people will said it your fault, and thousand of execuse.

Wait, people on the Internet will say things you don't like!? I quit, pulling the cord.

• @davidgestiondbi said:
    When I think some people here have voting right...

Lol yup no. Insulting customers gtfo. I am never buying from GestionDBI again.

• PandyPandy Member

@tommy said:
    Another lesson :

>

I am sure even if Francisco went ahead and started actual spam email stuff,on purpose, he would get trashed to ground.

Its not like he wants this to happen...

• edited June 2016

@Radi said:
    This thread made me want to buy a VPS from them. :D

Any promo @davidgestiondbi ?

You're welcome. Pretty cheap already imo :P

https://deepnetsolutions.com

edit: oh shit they are all zero-stocked

• deankdeank Member, Troll

OP having multiday PMS is what I am seeing.

Thanked by 2Xsltel ivanh
  • lazytlazyt Member

I like this update from their status page.

"====== UPDATE #4 ======

Restoration may take longer than expected due to the numerous DDoS attack we faced on the Client Area. Unfortunately since we dedicated our time to try to save customer data, some people on diverse forums decide to start DDoSing our infrastructure. New ETA for fully return of normal of all services : Tuesday June 14."

Naughty forum people being mean to them. I wonder how they know where it came from enough to make accusations?

• gsrdgrdghdgsrdgrdghd Member
    edited June 2016

lazyt said: some people on diverse forums decide to start DDoSing our infrastructure.

I really don't get it.

All they had to do was post one sentence like "We are sorry for the repeated emails, we'll get that fixed ASAP and will take measures to prevent this from happening again". A simple statement like that would have been enough for me (and probably @Mark_R too).

Instead they choose to

1. Claim there is no problem

2. Lie about the problem

3. Insult people on forums by basically caling them dumb

4. Accuse people of DDoSsing them

Why they choose to do the latter instead of the former completly flabbergasts me. This is not rational behaviour in any way and not how a company should behave at all.

• @gsrdgrdghd said:

lazyt said: some people on diverse forums decide to start DDoSing our infrastructure.

I really don't get it.

All they had to do was post one sentence like "We are sorry for the repeated emails, we'll get that fixed ASAP and will take measures to prevent this from happening again". A simple statement like that would have been enough for me (and probably @Mark_R too).

Instead they choose to

1. Claim there is no problem

2. Lie about the problem

3. Insult people on forums by basically caling them dumb

4. Accuse people of DDoSsing them

Why they choose to do the latter instead of the former completly flabbergasts me. This is not rational behaviour in any way and not how a company should behave at all.

Erm, @Mark_R posted their IP in PLAIN TEXT here. No doubt other members (script kiddies browsing LET?) would have their go at DDoS.

• theroyalstudent said: Erm, @Mark_R posted their IP in PLAIN TEXT here. No doubt other members (script kiddies browsing LET?) would have their go at DDoS.

Do you have any evidence to support that hypothesis?

• @gsrdgrdghd said:

theroyalstudent said: Erm, @Mark_R posted their IP in PLAIN TEXT here. No doubt other members (script kiddies browsing LET?) would have their go at DDoS.

Do you have any evidence to support that hypothesis?

Pretty common eh? Often providers here get DDoSed after posting an offer, etc.

• blackblack Member
    Dear customers,

Due to the recent event that occur here at Gestion DBI, we would like to thank all our customers for their understanding and patience during those difficult times.

You will find below a resume of the event.

Wednesday, June 8: Our billing system got a sync anomaly that cause termination of many customer service.
    Our engineers caught up on the event and blocked the termination of all services and put our infrastructure under maintenance.
    After review with our Software provider, this anomaly was isolated and fixed.
    After the correction applied, we reopen the Client Area and start restoring all customers backup.

In fact, more than 97% of the restorations we did, were successful. Unfortunately, a few service got their backup corrupted, mainly due to the weekly backup process that was backuping their VM when the termination event happen.

All customer affected by the even get a free additional month of service for the inconvenience cause, even those without any SLA plan with us.

We ask all our customers to validate their service to assure there is no missing add-on or their data is back. In case of doubt or missing add-on, please contact our Support Team via Ticket as soon as possible, so we can correct the situation. If you can’t find your data, this mean that the backup we have in our hands was corrupted. If you have your own backup or need more information, you can contact our Support staff.

We will also take this opportunity to re-enforce the importance of having your own backups. You and we are never “a l’abris” of this kind of incident. Even the biggest system can be affected.

We can assure you that we had taken all the measure and precaution to make sure this kind of incident won’t recur again.

Once again from all our team, sorry for any inconvenience cause during this event.

With our warm regards,

Gestion DBI Team.

• rokokrokok Member

Ok I'm late to this party, just received 1 email "We apologize for the "Service Termination" event - Important information inside" but i don't have any services.

This discussion has been closed.