Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Gestion DBI ticket emails to former customers / service terminations - Page 4
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Gestion DBI ticket emails to former customers / service terminations

Comments

• dailydaily Member

@Mark_R said:

@daily said:

@Mark_R said:
    its hilarious to me that some people hate on you for bringing up a problem, trying to make it a personal thing. with people like that problems never get brought to light and/or solved.

You're misrepresenting the entire issue, leaving what you did out.

You made a topic slandering a known host on here, without even tagging them in your post. You called what they were doing spam, even though it was not 1) intentional, 2) soliciting, 3) harmful in any way. You could have contacted them, you obviously have their email. You even could have made a thread with an appropriate title, pinged the appropriate people, and then marked it as spam. You didn't do that, you started drama.

You're misrepresenting the entire issue.

Great counter argument.

Thanked by 1netomx
  • Mark_RMark_R Member

@daily said:

@Mark_R said:

@daily said:

@Mark_R said:
    its hilarious to me that some people hate on you for bringing up a problem, trying to make it a personal thing. with people like that problems never get brought to light and/or solved.

You made a topic slandering a known host on here, without even tagging them in your post. You called what they were doing spam, even though it was not 1) intentional, 2) soliciting, 3) harmful in any way. You could have contacted them, you obviously have their email. You even could have made a thread with an appropriate title, pinged the appropriate people, and then marked it as spam. You didn't do that, you started drama.

Great counter argument.

i'm not looking for an argument, unlike you. im dead serious.

• dailydaily Member

@Mark_R said:

@daily said:

@Mark_R said:

@daily said:

@Mark_R said:

Great counter argument.

You were arguing, but I guess you've run out of things to say excuses wise.

• Mark_RMark_R Member

@daily said:

@Mark_R said:

@daily said:

@Mark_R said:

@daily said:

@Mark_R said:

Great counter argument.

You were arguing, but I guess you've run out of things to say excuses wise.

excuses for what? pointing out a problem? you are welcome.

@jarland this guy is derailing the thread

• dailydaily Member

What? I thought the topic had turned into you being a clown. I've had my fun I guess.

• Mark_RMark_R Member

@daily said:
    What? I thought the topic had turned into you being a clown. I've had my fun I guess.

much appreciated.

• ricardoricardo Member
    edited June 2016

Heh, amusing to no end. Every which way but the topic, but thanks for sharing OP! The provider does seem pretty competent in the main. I do have a few containers with them, havent received emails (they're on OVH IIRC which isnt great for deliverability) (and also had issues with their client area), but the service has been fine.

Thanked by 1vimalware
  • I think it would take less time to just hit 'Mark as Spam' in mail client.

That's what I do for 2mins/day : train gmail.

Thanked by 1daily
  • Mark_RMark_R Member

@vimalware said:
    I think it would take less time to just hit 'Mark as Spam' in mail client.

yea because that really solves the source of the problem right?

• @Mark_R said:

@vimalware said:

I always assumed Gmail would penalize the sender if enough users did that.

Correct me if I'm very naive.

• zedzed Member

It's only spam if it's intentional~

• KuJoeKuJoe Member, Host Rep
    edited June 2016

I've got service with them but I think 11 e-mails is a bit excessive considering 10 of those 11 say the exact same thing:

Dear customers,

>

The process of restoring the servers that were terminated is still in progress. We have more then 80% of servers restored and still plan a full recovery by Sunday June, 12th 2016.

>

We thank you again for your patience in this time.

Thanked by 2souen Pwner
  • Mark_RMark_R Member

@vimalware said:

@Mark_R said:

@vimalware said:

I always assumed Gmail would penalize the sender if enough users did that.

Correct me if I'm very naive.

yea i guess, personally im using a paid email server linked to my domain - such feature is not present there as far im aware.

• @TheOnlyDK said:

@theroyalstudent said:
    Am I the only one who didn't receive anything? I got 8 servers with them.

Time to fix your email server so you can receive emails :o

Zoho... Been working fine for all my other stuff like newsletters, etc.

• @Saragoldfarb said:
    What actually worries me is that:
    1. I did not get any email
    2. Cannot access the client area
    3. Cannot access the VM manager

So basically I stumbled upon this thread and was informed about the issues they're having.
    Weird. Apart from this they've been running a solid service. Can't complain about the 140+ days of uptime of my server.

Thanks to the script kiddies who DDoSed the infrastructure, no access to anything :(

Server has been solid though, have 8 servers, use 5 in production, and unluckily 1 got fully wiped out. Sounds like a billing system screwup and a crazy flow of DDoS, can't blame them but the response from provider could have been a little better.

Thanked by 1souen
  • linuxthefishlinuxthefish Member
    edited June 2016

fuck wrong ticket topic

• dailydaily Member

@Jack said:
    Anyone got a tldr?

4 pages about X emails seems excessive

That's it. Otherwise discussion on what constitutes on spam and shaming.

• @Jack said:
    Anyone got a tldr?

4 pages about X emails seems excessive

Provider currently doesn't give a fuck about everyone here ranting about the emails because he is more concerned about restoring user data, as said here.

davidgestiondbi said: 4- Since some stu** folks decide to DDoS the Client Area during the outage, the IP get nullrouted every minutes and this cause issue to reach the mail server, and sometime cron start sending again.

5- I don't care about the cron, since it's more important to restore Customer data than fixing a cron issue with no impact than having 3-6 email in my mailbox. This is my opinion however.

It's not 3-6 emails anymore though... and I received zero mail.

Thanked by 1souen
  • @TheOnlyDK said:

theroyalstudent said:
    Am I the only one who didn't receive anything? I got 8 servers with them.

Time to fix your email server so you can receive emails :o

I've been chatting with @theroyalstudent via/ email for a few days. I assure you his email server is 100% functional :)

• It would have been fine with me if @davidgestiondbi didn't reply to this thread at all on account of being busy repairing VPSs. It would have been fine with me if he replied to this thread, admitted that he fucked up but said that fixing VPSs is a priority right now and he'll take care of the broken emails afterwards. It would have been fine with me if he replied to this thread, admitted that he fucked up and solved the problem he's been causing.

But instead he shows up in this thread, ridicules (ex) customer for reporting a legitimate problem he's been causing, insults people, lies and doesn't show any willingness to either admin to his mistakes or fixing them.

• daviddavid Member

For what it's worth, I am an active customer of GestionDBI and have several VPSs with them. I haven't received any emails about this issue (not in the spam folder, either). None of my VPSs seem to be affected, either. I'm not complaining.

• FalzoFalzo Member
    edited June 2016

@david said:

me too.

I have agree to be somewhat spammed from a foreign system going crazy can be annoying and should be tried to be fixed as soon as possible... yet it is probably not more than two clicks to get rid of any further messages.

but at least people who are not willing to give their real name by cloncluding a contract in first place should not be the ones to cast the first stone.

@Mark_R so while thinking it is not a good idea to probably have a list of inactive customers mails somewhere in some system which obviously can get spammed with the wrong type of messages if an issue happens like above, I neither do like the attitude of blaming others while not being honest with (probably most) of your businesspartner yourself.

Thanked by 1Clouvider
  • AnthonySmithAnthonySmith Member, Patron Provider

This entire thread pretty much sums up everything that went wrong on LET.

• ClouviderClouvider Member, Patron Provider
    edited June 2016

@gsrdgrdghd said:
    It would have been fine with me if he replied to this thread, admitted that he fucked up but said that fixing VPSs is a priority right now and he'll take care of the broken emails afterwards.

Isn't that pretty much what he said in one of his first posts ?

5- I don't care about the cron, since it's more important to restore Customer data than fixing a cron issue with no impact than having 3-6 email in my mailbox. This is my opinion however.

• gsrdgrdghdgsrdgrdghd Member
    edited June 2016

Clouvider said: Isn't that pretty much what he said in one of his first posts ?

No he quiete literally said "I don't care about the issue" while lying ("This email is send to only ACTIVE AND HAVING A VPS WITH US customers only.") and not admitting to any fault or apologizing.

• gsrdgrdghdgsrdgrdghd Member
    edited June 2016

Also, to show that this is not the first spam problem with Gestion DBI, here is the ticket I referenced earlier in this thread:

I signed up with Deepnetsolutions and opted out of spam, they migrated the client area and automatically added me to the spam list again in the process without my consent (a clear violation of pretty much every country's anti-spam law).

As a result of the second spam I canceled all my services with them and explicitly asked them to delete my account twice so that I don't receive any more spam in Nobember 2015. Yet here we are with 12 new spam mails.

Thanked by 1vimalware
  • AnthonySmithAnthonySmith Member, Patron Provider

......... ffs its a f****ing email, get over it.

• you don't have time to filter it out and be done with it, yet you have time to spend hours and hours on this topic?

Poor you, you got unwanted email and it pissed you off so much.

Thanked by 1yomero
  • vedranvedran Veteran

@AnthonySmith said:
    ......... ffs its a f****ing email, get over it.

I can't get over the fact this particular provider decided to insult people here just because they pointed out there is a problem. This is not an issue with email anymore.

• Mark_RMark_R Member
    edited June 2016

it would be nice if the people who dont care about having their inbox filled up every day with unwanted email (spam) just move along, go be an asshole somewhere else instead of bothering people who try get it resolved.

it are always the same people trying to hate in this thread.

Thanked by 1ricardo
This discussion has been closed.