Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Gestion DBI ticket emails to former customers / service terminations - Page 3
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Gestion DBI ticket emails to former customers / service terminations

Comments

• dailydaily Member

If you don't want to receive the emails, mark them as spam in your client. I agree the problem needs to be dealt with on the Provider's end, but if you refuse to do the easiest thing which is mark it as spam and forget about it, you just want drama.

• Mark_RMark_R Member

@daily said:
    If you don't want to receive the emails, mark them as spam in your client. I agree the problem needs to be dealt with on the Provider's end, but if you refuse to do the easiest thing which is mark it as spam and forget about it, you just want drama.

I shouldnt have to be busy with spamfilters because david cannot configure his servers, this is just unacceptable.

• dailydaily Member

@Mark_R said:

@daily said:

I shouldnt have to be busy with spamfilters because david cannot configure his servers, this is just unacceptable.

Busy with spamfilters? Mark one or two as spam, send them all to the spam folder, forget about it. I see you actually have nothing better to do, so I'll let you have your attention you so badly want.

• @Mark_R said:

@daily said:

Too bad he doesn't seem to give a fuck right now, probably recovering the last 10%.

• jarjar Patron Provider, Top Host, Veteran

Mark_R said: I shouldnt have to be busy with spamfilters because david cannot configure his servers, this is just unacceptable.

deny    senders       = [email protected]
              message       = Stop it

Let's see if this works.

Thanked by 1Tom
  • souensouen Member
    edited June 2016

I wasn't sure if they were aware of the emails and sent a PM with a request before this thread showed up on the front page. Got my 9th one since last night 1:45 UTC. While I could easily set up a filter to discard them, it might also pull out fresh updates. Hope it's really fixed soon.

Edit to add: currently have service with them, not affected by the issue described in the ticket. For those who are, hope service is restored quickly.

• NekkiNekki Veteran

@Mark_R said:
    its coming from ip: 198.98.52.97

we probably should start blacklisting it, sucks though! david said he terminated my account in this comment and still i receive this shite.

That's hilariously poor.

• @theroyalstudent said:
    Am I the only one who didn't receive anything? I got 8 servers with them.

Time to fix your email server so you can receive emails :o

• tr1ckytr1cky Member

Received 0 emails. Using Google Mail.

Thanked by 1netomx
  • AnthonySmithAnthonySmith Member, Patron Provider
    edited June 2016

Maybe start a gofundme page to pay for the counciling you will need after 6 emails you did not want, came from a company having some real issues and did not intentionally send you?

You will get $7 from me for sure, I cant even imagine how you are coping, stay strong.

• NekkiNekki Veteran

@tr1cky said:

Received all of the emails. Also using Google Mail.

Your move.

Thanked by 2netomx FlamesRunner
  • Wouldn't it be enough to send one email with a link to a status page where all interested customers can get the latest updates? What's the point of sending 6 emails in 12 hours offering basically no information to people who couldn't care less about it.

• hawchawc Moderator, LIR

Mark_R said: 198.98.52.97

Heh. @Francisco

• ehabehab Member
    edited June 2016

@Amitz said:

are you drinking again?

• AmitzAmitz Member

ehab said: are you drinking again? :P

No, not this time. It's just that the whole thread seems like one big first world problem to me. Just like the TV/Chips thing. ;-)

Thanked by 1yomero
  • tr1ckytr1cky Member

@Nekki said:

@tr1cky said:

Received all of the emails. Also using Google Mail.

Your move.

I guess my VPS is not affected. But I don't really care, it's in a 5 vps failover chain.

• ehabehab Member
    edited June 2016

@Amitz said:

since you started, i think @Mark_R mark wants to say ; some posted such img some days ago ..

• Oh well and this was the latest drama, stay tuned for more drama, more spam email, more service terminations and more surprises! Honestly why haven't they disabled their billing system yet? its all so fucked up.

• souensouen Member

One came in 1 hour 15 minutes ago, not tripled this time. Hoping that means it's been fixed.

• ya it sounded like he knew it was sending emails out and said fuck it.. he could have easily disabled it.

Thanked by 2zafouhar Pwner
  • cassacassa Member

I received the same email around 20-30 times now

Thanked by 1zafouhar
  • PwnerPwner Member

Marked them as spam, it's nothing personal but I don't have any active services with them and I'm fed up with getting 15+ emails of the same thing repeatedly especially when it doesnt affect me.

Thanked by 1theroyalstudent
  • dailydaily Member

@Pwner said:
    Marked them as spam, it's nothing personal but I don't have any active services with them and I'm fed up with getting 15+ emails of the same thing repeatedly especially when it doesnt affect me.

At least you did the reasonable thing instead of screaming like a child.

• AmitzAmitz Member

@daily said:

@Pwner said:

At least you did the reasonable thing instead of screaming like a child.

Although we surely agree on screaming like a child being very liberating from time to time.

Thanked by 2daily perennate
  • Mark_RMark_R Member

its hilarious to me that some people hate on you for bringing up a problem, trying to make it a personal thing. with people like that problems never get brought to light and/or solved.

Thanked by 1gsrdgrdghd
  • dailydaily Member

@Mark_R said:
    its hilarious to me that some people hate on you for bringing up a problem, trying to make it a personal thing. with people like that problems never get brought to light and/or solved.

You're misrepresenting the entire issue, leaving what you did out.

You made a topic slandering a known host on here, without even tagging them in your post. You called what they were doing spam, even though it was not 1) intentional, 2) soliciting, 3) harmful in any way. You could have contacted them, you obviously have their email. You even could have made a thread with an appropriate title, pinged the appropriate people, and then marked it as spam. You didn't do that, you started drama.

Thanked by 3jar gestiondbi netomx
  • lazytlazyt Member
    edited June 2016

Well since it has been shown that they knew it was going out the way it was it is de facto intentional. Second point yes as long as you don't consider Sig spamming spam. Third, it could be as bad as the Chinese water torture waiting for the next ping of yet another incoming email.

A better response would have been a email pointing to a status page and then disabling the alert emails.

Of course no matter what someone would be unhappy.

• What actually worries me is that:
    1. I did not get any email
    2. Cannot access the client area
    3. Cannot access the VM manager

So basically I stumbled upon this thread and was informed about the issues they're having.
    Weird. Apart from this they've been running a solid service. Can't complain about the 140+ days of uptime of my server.

• Mark_RMark_R Member

@daily said:

@Mark_R said:

You're misrepresenting the entire issue, leaving what you did out.

You made a topic slandering a known host on here, without even tagging them in your post. You called what they were doing spam, even though it was not 1) intentional, 2) soliciting, 3) harmful in any way. You could have contacted them, you obviously have their email. You even could have made a thread with an appropriate title, pinged the appropriate people, and then marked it as spam. You didn't do that, you started drama.

You're misrepresenting the entire issue.

This discussion has been closed.