Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Gestion DBI ticket emails to former customers / service terminations - Page 10
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Gestion DBI ticket emails to former customers / service terminations

Comments

• jarland said: That'd be me. Let me read over this some more as soon as I get a moment. About to go see family.

Thanks for taking the time and no hurries. All the information on my previous attempts to get off their mailing lists are in this thread.

I have already sent abuse complaints to Amazon, hopefully they'll deal with this issue too.

Thanked by 1jar
  • jarjar Patron Provider, Top Host, Veteran

Read over a bit of this again. @davidgestiondbi can you please work with @gsrdgrdghd to ensure, once and for all, that he does not receive any more emails from you?

• jarland said: Read over a bit of this again. @davidgestiondbi can you please work with @gsrdgrdghd to ensure, once and for all, that he does not receive any more emails from you?

Thanks jarland.

@davidgestiondbi: I've asked for my account and all personal information to be deleted (NOT DISABLED) in ticket #482964.

• gestiondbigestiondbi Member, Patron Provider

@AnthonySmith said:

gsrdgrdghd said: I would like to point out that despite all the complains in this thread and my repeated (3 or 4 times) complaints I am still receiving spam from Gestion DBI

Your complaints in this thread are not really the right way to stop receiving marketing email, if you have logged in to the client panel and removed marketing messages from your preferences and your still getting them, mark it as spam, done.

He never click on the unsusbscribe link as requested by staff twice. Can't do nothing passed that since on our side he his unsubscribed. We suspect a multiple account.

If the customer want to stop receiving email, he can make his part and click on the little link at the end of the email as explained by staff multiple time.

Making drama for drama is quite useless. He can also make a report to CAN-SPAM or authorities if he want, we got the logs to back us of the first removal and we have the ticket log to show that we ask him to click multiple time on the little link.

Regards, David

Thanked by 1ManofServer
  • davidgestiondbi said: He never click on the unsusbscribe link as requested by staff twice.

Try again:

Note the date, this is from a year ago.

We suspect a multiple account.

Not really. I received all your emails to the same email address. If my email address is contained multiple times in your system, your system is broken.

we got the logs to back us of the first removal

So if you have logs of the "first removal", you have logs that I unsubscribed. Therefore I should not be receiving your spam.

Anyway, if you DELETED all my personal information from your system and can confirm this here on LET, I'll consider this matter closed.

• ClouviderClouvider Member, Patron Provider

Let is not their support.

If you consider they wronged you, go to the authorities, if not just move on.

Thanked by 2gestiondbi GCat
  • miaumiau Member
    edited November 2016

Yep. disgusting.
    I never agreed to receive any promotions.

• JoeMeritJoeMerit Veteran
    edited November 2016

.I got spammed by these shitbags too.

I never opted in.

They are shameless though. If you remember they used to have one of their Referral program agents on here spamming every thread with their offers until he was exposed for shilling.

• @Clouvider said:
    Let is not their support.

If you consider they wronged you, go to the authorities, if not just move on.

I agree but it's very evident they're not wanting to assist their previous clients via their own support desk judging by the post above. While I hate seeing LET support threads I feel that they have a valid reason to post here. It's at least good to throw a warning out to any potential clients.

Tagging @jarland to take a look when he's free :)

I hope you guys can get a resolution but it's sad to see such a rude response to a basic unsubscribe request.

• brueggusbrueggus Member, IPv6 Advocate

TBH, if I ask a company to not use my personal information for advertising, it shouldn't matter whether I do this via an "unsubscribe"-link, email or homer.

@davidgestiondbi said:

@AnthonySmith said:

gsrdgrdghd said: I would like to point out that despite all the complains in this thread and my repeated (3 or 4 times) complaints I am still receiving spam from Gestion DBI

Your complaints in this thread are not really the right way to stop receiving marketing email, if you have logged in to the client panel and removed marketing messages from your preferences and your still getting them, mark it as spam, done.

He never click on the unsusbscribe link as requested by staff twice. Can't do nothing passed that since on our side he his unsubscribed. We suspect a multiple account.

If the customer want to stop receiving email, he can make his part and click on the little link at the end of the email as explained by staff multiple time.

Making drama for drama is quite useless. He can also make a report to CAN-SPAM or authorities if he want, we got the logs to back us of the first removal and we have the ticket log to show that we ask him to click multiple time on the little link.

Regards, David

Forgive me, but it seems like you are avoiding putting forth any effort to assist or troubleshoot in this. I believe your former client has provided enough information to suggest that he has done everything expected to unsubscribe, and I believe him technically capable of doing so.

• personally I don't care about the marketing emails, I use unique addresses for each service and forward the mails, if spam starts you cut the ma forwarding and move on. Is it really that big of a deal?

• Oh come on stop bullying Gestion, block the email in your spam filter or whatever.

@ManofServer said:
    Oh come on stop bullying Gestion, block the email in your spam filter or whatever.

He's a good guy but the complaint seems quite legitimate.

Thanked by 1ManofServer
  • @jarland said:

@ManofServer said:
    Oh come on stop bullying Gestion, block the email in your spam filter or whatever.

He's a good guy but the complaint seems quite legitimate.

Good thing Gestion DBI uses its own email campaign service, MailPeak.com.

• fxf said: Good thing Gestion DBI uses its own email campaign service, MailPeak.com.

ya its cute. Our only recourse will be to contact law enforcement.

Thanked by 1fxf
  • fxf said: Good thing Gestion DBI uses its own email campaign service, MailPeak.com.

The email I got was sent via Amazon SES, so thats where I sent my abuse complaint to. Maybe MailPeak is just a fancy frontend for Amazon SES?

Anyway I'm not interested in bashing anyone or wasting any more of my (or anyone else's) time than I absolutely have to. So if @davidgestiondbi can confirm that the issue is resolved and won't happen again I'll consider the matter closed.

Thanked by 1PieHasBeenEaten
  • Just do what I do, since I use gmail and all. I just setup a filter to automatically forward emails from companies that seemingly refuse to acknowledge my request right back to them.

It's even better when it's picked up by their support system, which emails a "ticket created" notification, then a ticket updated reply for every email you send them.

They'll get the point.

Thanked by 1DashKiller
  • gestiondbigestiondbi Member, Patron Provider

@jarland said:

@davidgestiondbi said:

@AnthonySmith said:

Regards, David

Forgive me, but it seems like you are avoiding putting forth any effort to assist or troubleshoot in this. I believe your former client has provided enough information to suggest that he has done everything expected to unsubscribe, and I believe him technically capable of doing so.

@jarland , The customer didn't even make the effort of clicking the link. The screenshot he sent previously seems to be mailchimp, but we use our own platform for mailing...

If he click on the link, the problem is solved.

Regards, David

• davidgestiondbi said: If he click on the link, the problem is solved.

If you stop sending spam, the problem is solved.

Thanked by 1ATHK
  • @davidgestiondbi said:

@jarland said:

@davidgestiondbi said:

@AnthonySmith said:

Regards, David

@jarland , The customer didn't even make the effort of clicking the link. The screenshot he sent previously seems to be mailchimp, but we use our own platform for mailing...

If he click on the link, the problem is solved.

Regards, David

Why can't you just unsubscribe him yourself like he's asked?

• I've seen WHMCS derp with [email protected], might be related.

Clicking an unsubscribe link would result in an "unsubscribe failed, please contact support".

• davidgestiondbi said: The customer didn't even make the effort of clicking the link. The screenshot he sent previously seems to be mailchimp, but we use our own platform for mailing...

Yes, I did opt out at Mailchimp, or whatever platform you used a year ago. This is enough to unsubscribe from all your mailings. I do not have to unsubscribe again every time you switch providers or create a new mailing list.

Or, to quote from the FTC CAN-SPAM act compliance page:

§5: [...] Your message must include a clear and conspicuous explanation of how the recipient can opt out of getting email from you in the future. [...] you must include the option to stop all commercial messages from you

and

§6: [...] Once people have told you they don’t want to receive more messages from you, you can’t sell or transfer their email addresses, even in the form of a mailing list. The only exception is that you may transfer the addresses to a company you’ve hired to help you comply with the CAN-SPAM Act.

As far as I can tell, you are in violation of both of these requirements.

Anyway, I have unsubscribed from your mailings for a third time. I am not positive that this is going to work, considering that you also did not honor the first two unsubscription requests. But, as per your own words, the problem should be solved now. If it isn't, I'll be back here.

• gsrdgrdghdgsrdgrdghd Member
    edited September 2017

I would just like to point out that Gestion DBI is still sending me spam...

How hard can it be to honor an unsubscription?

• Me too. I told them to get me the f out of their database and it still comes.

Thanked by 2switsys gsrdgrdghd
  • MikePTMikePT Moderator, Patron Provider, Veteran

Looks like they're probably using mailchimp or something to email their clients and didn't remove the subscribers from their list... It'd only remove from WHMCS itself.

• MikePT said: Looks like they're probably using mailchimp or something to email their clients and didn't remove the subscribers from their list... It'd only remove from WHMCS itself.

Lazy fuckers then.

• SPAM = Short Pointless Annoying Message. It's not short. It's not pointless. Annoying Yes. 1 out of 3. Does 1 out of 3 count as spam ?

• MikePTMikePT Moderator, Patron Provider, Veteran

@JoeMerit said:

MikePT said: Looks like they're probably using mailchimp or something to email their clients and didn't remove the subscribers from their list... It'd only remove from WHMCS itself.

Lazy fuckers then.

Maybe David doesn't recall it, dunno.

• RhysRhys Member, Host Rep

@yokowasis said:
    SPAM = Short Pointless Annoying Message. It's not short. It's not pointless. Annoying Yes. 1 out of 3. Does 1 out of 3 count as spam ?

https://www.ftc.gov/tips-advice/business-center/guidance/can-spam-act-compliance-guide-business

legally it is.

This discussion has been closed.