Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

DDOS UK StormVZ - Page 6
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

DDOS UK StormVZ

12346»

Comments

• PatrickPatrick Member
    edited March 2013

@zsero said: Yes, I was using the new node's IP. Yes, maxmind is precise indeed, and I bet BBC uses the full version of their database.

You can enter your NL IP here:
    https://apps.db.ripe.net/search/geolocation-finder.html

It'll show as pointing to our UK registered address, just need to wait for IP Databases to update :)

@Shigawire said: @Patrick you are great!

I am so impressed how fast you managed to ship your stuff from UK to NL!

Good job. Really good job.

Appreciate the positive comment! We've had to just transfer all the VPSs via vzmigrate...

Just half a node left and we're all set to fire back into business :)

• @Shigawire said: I am so impressed how fast you managed to ship your stuff from UK to NL!

I think he rents, so it's simple IP swapping, migrating and done, his current UK host will probably happily help him with that because honestly: no provider likes DDoS

• PatrickPatrick Member
    edited March 2013

@BronzeByte said: I think he rents, so it's simple IP swapping, migrating and done, his current UK host will probably happily help him with that because honestly: no provider likes DDoS

Yup, they've gave us a temporary public IP to move everything out.

But then again they've charged nearly £800 for next months service despite telling them not to...

• @Patrick said: But then again they've changed nearly £800 for next months service despite telling them not to...

You mean charged?

• @BronzeByte said: You mean charged?

Yes.

• erhwegesrgsrerhwegesrgsr Member
    edited March 2013

@Patrick said: But then again they've charged nearly £800 for next months service despite telling them not to...

Chargeback it then

• nikcnikc Member

Be interesting to see if credits are issued for this disturbance to clients.

Another UK providor who suffered a similar attack offered the same (on here) but nothing ever was ever came through .....

• PatrickPatrick Member
    edited March 2013

@nikc said: Be interesting to see if credits are issued for this disturbance to clients.

Another UK providor who suffered a similar attack offered the same (on here) but nothing ever was ever came through .....

We've already offered the majority, there are still ~50 tickets pending credit which will be done mid next week.

• nikcnikc Member

Great to hear.

• PacketVMPacketVM Member, Host Rep

I've been watching this thread, and all I can say to the people that don't appreciate what @Patrick is doing is this...

You're paying $7 or less for a VPS, what do you expect? I've been with SVZ before and they provide a premium UK service compared to some of the other UK LEB hosts I've been with. Patrick is doing a great job and he does care about his customers.

I imagine he has quite a lot of tickets "open", "on hold", and "in progress" at the moment!!

• JacobJacob Member

Who...?

@nikc said: Another UK providor who suffered a similar attack offered the same (on here) but nothing ever was ever came through .....

• nikcnikc Member

That would be unfair of me to directly name .... but I did nudge them in the thread where it was promised a week or so ago, still nothing.

TBH I don't need compensation .... but if someone promises something, then they should follow through.

• PatrickPatrick Member
    edited March 2013

@dominicl said: I imagine he has quite a lot of tickets "open", "on hold", and "in progress" at the moment!!

The only ones open are regarding refunds and credit. There are no on hold / in progess.

Any other issues, modules (fuse) etc. have already been resolved.

If you have a invoice due and want credit early so you can apply to it then you can email me to get it added immediately...patrick at stormvz.com

• LeeLee Veteran
    edited March 2013

@dominicl said: You're paying $7 or less for a VPS, what do you expect?

You expect to get the service promised, that's what. Price is totally irrelevant, if you can't deliver it for the price you are asking then don't offer it and put your prices up to a level you can provide the service.

Ok, this is slightly different in that it was a significant attack but it still does not change the basic principles.

• bobbybobby Member

It was nice uk vpn. Anyone want one (~300 days left) for free and Patrick approves, pm me.

• NekkiNekki Veteran

@bobby said: It was nice uk vpn.

Isn't it still a nice UK VPN? I thought the NL containers were having the IP's geolocated to the UK?

• @zsero

Norwich, Norfolk.. thats where I live aha

• JacobJacob Member
    edited March 2013

4 - 0, kagawa hatrick, then rooney sneaked one in. :-)

any football people out there...? anywhere...?

@BenND said: Norwich

• @bobby said: It was nice uk vpn. Anyone want one (~300 days left) for free and Patrick approves, pm me.

Sure but IPs are being geo located back to UK.

@Nekki said: Isn't it still a nice UK VPN? I thought the NL containers were having the IP's geolocated to the UK?

Yup, just need to give it some time to update!