Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

DDOS UK StormVZ - Page 5
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

DDOS UK StormVZ

Comments

• PatrickPatrick Member
    edited March 2013

@goexodus said: I guess the next offer will be 3Tera bytes just to kill the competition. At least you cannot advertise 100% availability anymore unless the 3 ex servers in the UK where operated by aliens ...

Yes we can.

100% uptime in NL :)

We never oversold bandwidth to the extreme because it is costly in EU, we reduced them for the LEB offers so don't expect anything like that ever from us.

• @Shigawire said: Well, I personally LOVE the VPS i got with StormVZ.

And for me this DDoS is absolutely no problem at all, I moved all important things to a backup server and the world is fine for me.

However, it is a pity to lose a good UK location there :(

NL shouldn't be too bad either if your sticking with us, feel free to email me for test IP :)
    patrick [at] stormvz.com

• You can't seriously expect 100% uptime for a 5$ per month box. Especially this is something totally out of their control.

Of course not!! That's my point when Mr Patrick full of himself declares 0 downtime, 99.9% satisfied customers and offers 3072 MB of ... hmmm ... virtual memory .... hoping nobody will get memory allocation errors when compiling. And if you do have problems then we terminate your VPS per our TOS which we just updated for your case ... Just my 2 cents of reality checking

• NeoNeo Banned

Migration Started yeaaah
    You rock guys ;D

• @goexodus said: And if you do have problems then we terminate your VPS per our TOS which we just updated for your case

That's illegal, but still, want to pay a court order and a lawyer for a $7 VPS?

• PatrickPatrick Member
    edited March 2013

@goexodus said: Of course not!! That's my point when Mr Patrick full of himself declares 0 downtime, 99.9% satisfied customers and offers 3072 MB of ... hmmm ... virtual memory .... hoping nobody will get memory allocation errors when compiling. And if you do have problems then we terminate your VPS per our TOS which we just updated for your case ... Just my 2 cents of reality checking

So what are you doing buying LEBs?

I presume your an 'ex' client, you shouldn't accept terms which you do not understand, have not read or do not agree to.

@Neo said: Migration Started yeaaah

You rock guys ;D

Your welcome :)
    Feel free to email patrick [@] stormvz.com if you want to fast track and include your old IP!

• ShigawireShigawire Member
    edited March 2013

@Patrick of course i will stick with you ;)

However, I got the i3d 20euro thingy, so i use that one to host my stuff in NL.
    Your VPS was perfect for hosting my stuff in the UK :)

I want to hold the UK - NL - DE - IT line.

• goexodusgoexodus Member
    edited March 2013

I presume your an 'ex' client, you shouldn't accept terms which you do not understand, have not read or do not agree to.

Do you want a new threads Mr patrick in both LEB, LET, WHT, Serchen etc with all the details of your ever changing terms so everything will be clear for all potential customers.

Yes, 'I ran away with the money'

Or you want me to submit proof of running away with the money of your so called satisfied customers.

Let it rest for your own health :)

• LeeLee Veteran

You make yourself sound like a troll to be honest. If you have something to say that you need to get off your chest then say it, make your claims and/or accusations then let Patrick respond or if he does not let the community form their own view.

But don't keep threatening shit like this, it only makes you look bad.

• PatrickPatrick Member
    edited March 2013

@goexodus said: Do you want a new threads Mr patrick in both LEB, LET, WHT, Serchen etc with all the details of your ever changing terms so everything will be clear for all potential customers.

TOS were never changed, except for Minecraft/Qemu/Refunds. Feel to archive.org that if there is anything, since 6 months back our terms on payments have been similar if not better for clients from no refunds to 5 days.

Charging back from PP is not a good idea, especially when you have other active services. If people kindly asked and waited, they may have got what they wanted because of all the disruption.

• zserozsero Member

goexodus's history on LET:
    1. joined 1st of March.
    2. first comment on this thread:

@goexodus said: It was interesting how easy was to storm kick Patrick out of his own country :)

later comments

@goexodus said: @Patrick First you have to ask yourself who would spend money and time to attach three of your little servers in the UK with such ferocity.

Then you should ask whether you had the proper emergency response planned and whether you had an SLA to mitigate risk away from your hands. Did you made the right choice in the first place about your DC in terms of being able to handle such threats with Auto DDoS detection, immediate response procedures, upstream router traffic shaping, whitelists etc. Even after the fact do they even have all the logs needed to prosecute and deliver the data to the authorities.

Maybe in the end you should educate all of us about the lessons learned.

then

@goexodus said: Patrick might migrate the servers in outer space in orbit around another planetary system in a galaxy far away and he will never issue any refund. He will just change the TOS once again to include extraterrestrial Data centers :)

then

@goexodus said: I guess the next offer will be 3Tera bytes just to kill the competition. At least you cannot advertise 100% availability anymore unless the 3 ex servers in the UK where operated by aliens ...

then

@goexodus said: P >> You can't seriously expect 100% uptime for a 5$ per month box. Especially this is something totally out of their control.

Of course not!! That's my point when Mr Patrick full of himself declares 0 downtime, 99.9% satisfied customers and offers 3072 MB of ... hmmm ... virtual memory .... hoping nobody will get memory allocation errors when compiling. And if you do have problems then we terminate your VPS per our TOS which we just updated for your case ... Just my 2 cents of reality checking

then

@goexodus said: P >> I presume your an 'ex' client, you shouldn't accept terms which you do not understand, have not read or do not agree to.

Do you want a new threads Mr patrick in both LEB, LET, WHT, Serchen etc with all the details of your ever changing terms so everything will be clear for all potential customers.

P >> Yes, 'I ran away with the money'

Or you want me to submit proof of running away with the money of your so called satisfied customers.

Let it rest for your own health :)

goexodus, you are such a nice nice personality! I'm really happy you joined LET, people like you are so welcome here!

1. joined 1st of March.

2. first comment on this thread:

And your point is ...

or its not allowed to have an argument with someone that stole my data, my time and my money

or it not ethical to warn people about my experience and the pitfalls of an arrogant one man shop

I will submit some very interesting screenshoots in due time ... to all enjoy what arrogance is all about ...

• PatrickPatrick Member
    edited March 2013

@goexodus said: And your point is ...

or its not allowed to have an argument with someone that stole my data, my time and my money

or it not ethical to warn people about my experience and the pitfalls of an arrogant one man shop

I will submit some very interesting screenshoots in due time ... to all enjoy what arrogance is all about ...

Or you accepted terms without reading them, I know 99% who you are so I might as well explain it all here.

He signed up to several VPSs and then requested refunds within a few hours or so because the CPU wasn't good enough, because he needed "xxxx" score on unixbench for whatever reason. High numbers makes people have fantasies at night I guess.

We resolved that issue for the time being, he was happy with the Dual E5520s we had in place because of the price we were providing good value for money.

He then made a cancellation request for 2 VPSs, as per our terms we only refund the first service. He threatened to post some "./vzfree" benchmarks everywhere for whatever reason along with that his team will post everywhere possible so people realise what we said in the ticket...feel free to do it. We acted within our terms stated.

He then agreed to play by our terms, we refunded his first VPS. I was quoted the "responsive one man geek show"

Downtime then followed with the DDoS, we opened emails stating all tickets will be closed regarding this whilst we get everything sorted. He then opened chargeback on his VPSs that were cancelled along with a active VPS and so we suspended that today for chargeback on the service.

• NekkiNekki Veteran
    edited March 2013

@goexodus Why be all mysterious about it and act like a twat? If you've got evidence of a provider doing wrong, just present in a reasonable and sensible manner.

• He then opened chargeback on his VPSs including a active VPS which he didn't request cancel and so we suspended that today for chargeback on the service.

Interesting...

So Mr StormVZ Patrick customers are not allowed to request refund of ONLY their REMAINING BALANCE of ONLY the UK shared server that was NOT what was advertised and of a server that MOVED to another country WITH ANOTHER IP address and WITHOUT THE SECOND IP and with a DOWNTIME of a WEEK!!!

As soon as you request a refund for the above reasons for the REMAINING prepaid months of ONE out of THREE servers we get ALL OF YOUR MONEY and YOUR DATA.

I guess it all explains how popular Mr Patrick was in the UK

• PatrickPatrick Member
    edited March 2013

@goexodus said: Interesting...

So Mr StormVZ Patrick customers are not allowed to request refund of ONLY their REMAINING BALANCE of ONLY the UK shared server that was NOT what was advertised and of a server that MOVED to another country WITH ANOTHER IP address and WITHOUT THE SECOND IP and with a DOWNTIME of a WEEK!!!

As soon as you request a refund for the above reasons for the REMAINING prepaid months of ONE out of THREE servers we get ALL OF YOUR MONEY and YOUR DATA.

I guess it all explains how popular Mr Patrick was in the UK

Which was due cancellation already? So you already understood you were not ineligible for refund for any of your VPSs apart from the one that was refunded.

Cancellation Request Notice
    A cancellation request exists for this item and so it will not be invoiced when due

Your now trying to find an excuse because we moved to NL that gives you the right to chargeback is professional. I included in all our downtime emails, a email to my personal email to get things resolved as tickets regarding refunds/credits/downtime would be closed and not read.

We've already refunded a bunch full of people, and refunded 100% of all our KVM users regardless of sign up date. But some people don't have the patience to wait and so will loose out through chargeback so catch 22 for yourself.

I understand people wanted UK IP for iPlayer and so on, if you have a yearly plan then I'm more then happy to refund pro-rata since monday to the end your year back to CC/PP. Just shoot me a email. (patrick at stormvz.com)

I will never be a fan of anyone who chargebacks.

• JacobJacob Member

Welcome to LET @patrick.

• goexodusgoexodus Member
    edited March 2013

Over and out!

• zserozsero Member
    edited March 2013

@Patrick said: I understand people wanted UK IP for iPlayer and so on

And it was a super reliable box for such purpose! I'm really going to miss it! I was using a full 4 MB of RAM with 9 processes (including bash and htop):

• We might be geolocating IPs to our business address, don't rush the bullet too quick.

• NekkiNekki Veteran

@szero have a look at httpzoom if you haven't already.

• zserozsero Member

@Patrick said: We might be geolocating IPs to our business address, don't rush the bullet too quick.

My hope is in you! Is this on purpose BTW (from freegeoip)?

• PatrickPatrick Member
    edited March 2013

@zsero said: My hope is in you! Is this on purpose BTW (from freegeoip)?

Nope, wouldn't use that site. Are you using our NL ip on that site?

http://www.maxmind.com/en/home
    Shows NL

We are getting our IPs geoloc updated so it'll appear as our business address (London, UK). This should make everyone happy, just pain staking wait for it to update.

• zserozsero Member
    edited March 2013

@Patrick said: Nope, wouldn't use that site. Are you using our NL ip on that site?

Yes, I was using the new node's IP. Yes, maxmind is precise indeed, and I bet BBC uses the full version of their database.

• zserozsero Member
    edited March 2013

@Nekki said: have a look at httpzoom if you haven't already

I'd love to, since they are the exact budget I'm looking for, but once I tried them and the node I've got had around 6-15 IOPS (!) depending on the day. Someone was seriously abusing it, I asked for a refund after one day and they've refunded me promptly.

• NekkiNekki Veteran

@zsero I'm sure they'd have sorted the abuser out for you or moved you to another node if you'd given them time.....that said, if StormVZ can geolocate the IPs to the UK, there's no need for you to leave them.

• After being moved to NL, server rebooted 4 times last night without any notification.

Now I can't connect to it again, or access details through the client area.

Great.

• what that song cry me a river lol. things happen

• @Patrick you are great!
    I am so impressed how fast you managed to ship your stuff from UK to NL!

Good job. Really good job.