Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

DDOS UK StormVZ - Page 2
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

DDOS UK StormVZ

Comments

• murky said "ChicagoVPS, maybe?

I suppose there's a chance that the same idiot CVPS resellers who think Buffalo is the same as NYC (which is 350 miles away) could also think Buffalo is the same as Berkshire (which is 3500 miles away) and regard any LEB host in Berkshire as a competitive threat. //sarcasm end

• laaevlaaev Member
    edited February 2013

To clarify, ChicagoVPS does not have any interest in the UK VPS market, nor do we have plans to expand to the UK anytime soon. We are staying out of that territory. Way back in 2012 I believe Chris and Luc were working on considering this but found the remote nature of it very inconvenient and therefore giving us less control over our hardware in emergency situations. Maybe in the future we'll consider it though, who knows, but we certainly have no plans for it now because of the concerns we have regarding the distant remote nature of it.

Please leave our company out of StormVZ's thread to remain respectful to both parties.

@DomainBop said: I suppose there's a chance that the same idiot CVPS resellers who think Buffalo is the same as NYC (which is 350 miles away) could also think Buffalo is the same as Berkshire (which is 3500 miles away) and regard any LEB host in Berkshire as a competitive threat. //sarcasm end

Haha, classic.

• @BenND said: Every time we get posted on LEB and our offer includes our UK location our billing panel starts receiving DDoS as does UK nodes,

Do you ever press the datacenter for information on sources? I'm sure they'll scissor with "waaah but there's so many", but if you never know the source, it will be hard to work to put an end to it....

• @Damian "Sources" are only relevant for the most simple and cheapest booters using a bunch of hacked machines / shells.

• It's alive!

Went down at: Feb 25 2013 12:13:30 PM EST
    Was down for 1434 minute(s)

• PatrickPatrick Member
    edited February 2013

Just take it as this.

The attack was big enough for RapidSwitch to build up a rack in the evening and move all our servers to there.

Because of the size it affected every rack we were on and so the other customers network encountered packet loss.

Servers have been online since the move last night, IPv6 is still connectable.

IPv4 will be restored ASAP

• @Patrick said: Servers have been online since the move last night, IPv6 is still connectable.

IPv4 will be restored in a few minutes.

Good to hear that they worked with you to fix the issue.

• @Damian said: Good to hear that they worked with you to fix the issue.

Partly.

And here we go again...

• DomainBopDomainBop Member
    edited February 2013

IPv4 will be restored in a few minutes.

ipV4 is back but it seems like the attack could still be ongoing. There's fairly heavy packet loss (UK2 node)

from NYC:
    37 packets transmitted, 22 received, 40% packet loss, time 36023ms
    rtt min/avg/max/mdev = 111.004/115.343/123.113/3.091 ms

from Amsterdam:
    47 packets transmitted, 29 received, 38% packet loss, time 46133ms
    rtt min/avg/max/mdev = 7.681/18.807/34.468/12.584 ms

• All solid from OVH in France, 0 packet loss, normal latency.

• @DomainBop said: ipV4 is back but it seems like the attack could still be ongoing. There's fairly heavy packet loss (UK2 node)

1.5G DDoS, isolated to our own rack so they won't null route whole /24 but only IPs getting attack.

• Protip: segregate your subnets.

• @Jacob said: Protip: segregate your subnets.

Jacob is the king of getting DDoS in the UK

• AlexBarakovAlexBarakov Patron Provider, Veteran

Having a deja vu. I am 99% sure that the same thing was discussed and same things said ~6 months with other provider in the UK, just can't remember which one.

• We're all kings in the long run.

Glad to see you're dealing with it though.

• PatrickPatrick Member
    edited February 2013

So far so good, some IPs have been kept under null route. Majority have been lifted.

I personally do not want to post any further updates via public, feel free to PM or email me personally for questions/updates.

[email protected]

• LeeLee Veteran
    edited February 2013

@Patrick said: I'd personally do not want to post any further updates via public, feel free to PM or email me personally for questions/updates.

This is probably the most sensisble thing to do, I still believe whoever is doing this is sitting watching these threads being spurred on by the fuss it's causing but not a provider.

• @Spirit said: Evorack seems also ok. The same with Vooservers. And MiniVPS.

Parts of Evorack's network were attacked yesterday. They said it didn't effect everyone, but the node I was on defiantly was feeling it with 60% loss. Within 45 minutes they had it usable, but the attack didn't fully stop for a few hours. They sent out a notification e-mail to their customers about this.

• LeeLee Veteran

Minivps was under attack earlier too.

• DomainBopDomainBop Member
    edited February 2013

ipv4 on my SV VPS went out again about 20 minutes ago, 100% packet loss

Minivps was under attack earlier too.

Everyone in Maidenhead seems to be getting hit. DotVPS was experiencing network problems yesterday morning too

In light of our recent network issues isolated to the rack we are currently in, I have negotiated a move to another rack to resolve these issues.

As I see this as a very important issues as in that 90% Packet loss 24/7 isn't the best of services, this will be happening in around 4 hours or so.

• LeeLee Veteran

I don't think it was their Maidenhead servers, it was Manchester. minivps that is.

• JacobJacob Member
    edited February 2013

W1V_Lee Melbourne are pretty strict with things, bandwidth isn't cheap there aswell.

• I think the fact Maidenhead is being hit is probably coincidental, a lot of LE hosts seem to use the facility.

• Bad, i dont get any answers of my Support tickets...

• Little offtopic question, How are the performance of a StormVZ? (Compared to Ramnode)

• @Neo Mate, what do you expect. They're under constant attack, and dealing with the DDoS is clearly going to come before anything else.

• Nick_ANick_A Member, Top Host, Host Rep

@taronyu said: Little offtopic question, How are the performance of a StormVZ? (Compared to Ramnode)

I/O or what?

• @Nick_A said: I/O or what?

I/O and network. Your vps'es are awesome however in the US. StormVZ looks really nice (is ssd and on a gigabit port) and is in the UK. That would be awesome as my yearly box to put irc on it. While I keep 2 at Ramnode for testing and using.

• @Nekki im waiting more as 24 hours.... for one simple question...

• @Neo said: for one simple question...

Its not "when will the servers be back" is it?