Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

The Delimiter Slot Hosting experience - Page 6
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

The Delimiter Slot Hosting experience

Comments

• netomxnetomx Moderator, Veteran

@Mun said:
    One of the reasons I like UPS. They just get it done. Though an occasional bump along the way.

I have exactly the opposite opinion :p

Thanked by 1spammy
  • ivankivank Member
    edited April 2016

Delimiter says they did try to give my Express return shipment to an Express driver. But I just called Fedex and they told me that Express return shipments have to be given to Ground drivers. What.

(Edit: Fedex may have been confused as usual. Will call again.)

• @ivank said:
    Delimiter says they did try to give my Express return shipment to an Express driver. But I just called Fedex and they told me that Express return shipments have to be given to Ground drivers. What.

Lol, you'll get your drive in early July with the way the whole situation is going :p

• @ManofServer said:

@ivank said:

Lol, you'll get your drive in early July with the way the whole situation is going :p

Assuming it doesn't get lost in the process :p

• FalzoFalzo Member
    edited April 2016

probably it might help if you send them another SHIPPINGLABEL ;-)

• agoldenbergagoldenberg Member, Host Rep

It's hilarious to see how jaded @MarkTurner has become lol!

Thanked by 1MikeA
  • RizRiz Member

@Mun said:
    One of the reasons I like UPS. They just get it done. Though an occasional bump along the way.

Sometimes a big bump. ;D

• StealthyHostingStealthyHosting Member, Host Rep

@ivank said:
    I finally got a response on my ticket:

My colleagues in Atlanta tried to hand the package to Fedex today, they will not accept it unless its on their roster.

Would you contact Fedex and ask them to come on Monday between 9am and 5pm to collect the package.

Anyone know what that is about? Is creating a return shipment label not enough for Fedex to accept a package?

I would just schedule a fedex pickup for your label, that will make sure it goes out as long as they can hand it to them.

• For a while I've been wanting to try something like this slot hosting thing with some provider, but I don't really have much faith in delimiter for a variety of reasons, none of which I think need to be voiced. Would be neat if some other reputable company did something like slot hosting too.

Thanked by 1Tom
  • MunMun Member

@Riz said:

@Mun said:

Sometimes a big bump. ;D

Screw big, you mean fucking gigantic.

Thanked by 1Riz
  • lazytlazyt Member

FedEx the driver just set a package beside the rural road 500 feet from the house. Last month I had a return that after two weeks of trying to get them to actually do the pickup they had scheduled. I finally drove to the nearest shipping location and dropped off. A 40-mile round trip thanks to their incompetence.

On the slot hosting, if anyone else tries it expect waaaay higher prices.

• MikeAMikeA Member, Patron Provider
    edited April 2016

@lazyt said:
    On the slot hosting, if anyone else tries it expect waaaay higher prices.

Eh, not really. Just an old server with plenty of SATA (unless Delimiter is using some other method)? I thought about doing something similar a while back but I'd hate to deal with the bandwidth usage.

• SadySady Member

@EVM_Mike said:
    Eh, not really. Just an old server with plenty of SATA

You mean GhettoServer, right?

Thanked by 2Kris MikeA
  • lazytlazyt Member
    edited April 2016

Well unless you're close to the DC you'll have to cover remote hands charges. Or if you're thinking of filling the server then sending it in to be racked there's shipping and racking charges. Then you'll have the fallout from all of the you received it today at 7pm why isn't it active now at 11pm you're a scam people.

I would hate to see the bandwidth usages with the backups I've seen mentioned.

• KrisKris Member

If you want the drive picked up and dropped off at a FedEx location, might be worth it to post the pickup and drop-off job at some place like TaskRabbit to save time. Since you've invested X hours into it, balance it vs. what you think you're worth per hour.

Could be the best $20 ever spent to just get the drive back sans more drama.

• ivankivank Member

"need a VERY MOTIVATED, PATIENT individual to flatter, cajole, and poke around until package is on hand"

• hawchawc Moderator, LIR

@ivank said:
    "need a VERY MOTIVATED, PATIENT individual to flatter, cajole, and poke around until package is on hand"

Soon, you will be asking for a "Committed, motivated burglar to break into office block in Atlanta and steal HDD"

• MattKCMattKC Member

@ivank said:
    I finally got a response on my ticket:

My colleagues in Atlanta tried to hand the package to Fedex today, they will not accept it unless its on their roster.

Would you contact Fedex and ask them to come on Monday between 9am and 5pm to collect the package.

Anyone know what that is about? Is creating a return shipment label not enough for Fedex to accept a package?

Odd, I had created a label for a server being shipped out of dacentec and scheduled a pick up. Dacentec had the server ready a day early and gave it to the driver that day prior with no issues. Don't recall who the pickup was (express vs ground) but the label was through ground.

• starservicesstarservices Member
    edited May 2016

@jarland said:
    So customer sends crappy shipping label and Delimiter is to blame. Oh right, we're hating on Delimiter right now, details don't matter. Grab pitchforks guys, they're on the "Hate on them for any reason mentioned regardless of the situation" list. LET is all about the mob mentality lately, it's pathetic. Here's to hoping we get some new, objective members, and that they don't allow the old timers like us to tell them who to hate.

In before one week's worth of Red Bull purchased this comment. I'm just mildly annoyed lately that LET is a forum full of people that demand a market and then try to regularly set that market on fire at the same time. "We want low prices" + "We hate everyone who meets our requests"

I agree with your statement however LET rules on prices does limit what kind of services you can offer. Yes I use OVH but prices it cost to run a UK node i wouldnt be able to afford to advertise on LET. I was a member years ago on another account I forgot about and price rules are the same as they was back then.

I know the name LET says it all but limits options for people.

• IshaqIshaq Member

@starservices said:
    I agree with your statement however LET rules on prices does limit what kind of services you can offer. Yes I use OVH but prices it cost to run a UK node i wouldnt be able to afford to advertise on LET. I was a member years ago on another account I forgot about and price rules are the same as they was back then.

I know the name LET says it all but limits options for people.

Not really. There are plenty of hosts offering service in the UK. In fact I recently got one that costs just £10/year for 512MB RAM, 30GB RAID10, IPv4, and 1Gbps port from a reputable provider.

Prices go down, not up. That excuse doesn't really work anymore unless you're looking for major profit in which case this really isn't the market for you.

• Its very rare you see UK providers and at that kind of price with UK prices I cannot see how you can be makin money off that giving people 100% of their resources 99% of the time.

But again price rules are the same since 2008 worlds a different place now even known their is more competition.

Dont get me wrong there are UK providers that got me questioning should move to them for their prices but its just such an expensive place to do hosting.

• GCatGCat Member

I'm too lazy to read this all, can I get a tl;dr?

Thanked by 1ATHK
  • MunMun Member

@GCat said:

Op requested a slot hosting from delimiter.

Op sent hard drive to delimiter after pre-paying for 3 months.

Delimiter receives hard drive but doesn't respond to tickets.

Thread is started:

Mark Turner post customers information and blames customer for short falls.

Mark Turner gets banned for this and other dickish moves by Amitz.

Mikeyur pulls product off the website and won't be selling it anymore.

Mikeyur is taking the time to send the hard drive back to the customer.

Mikeyur tries to send the hard drive, but FedEX doesn't accept package due to it not being a grounds truck.

Op makes a terrible refrence that US Mail is the same as FedEX in an irrelevant post about a post office being next to delimiter.

• FredQcFredQc Member

@Mun said:

@GCat said:

Op requested a slot hosting from delimiter.

Op sent hard drive to delimiter after pre-paying for 3 months.

Delimiter receives hard drive but doesn't respond to tickets.

Thread is started:

Mark Turner post customers information and blames customer for short falls.

Mark Turner gets banned for this and other dickish moves by Amitz.

Mikeyur pulls product off the website and won't be selling it anymore.

Mikeyur is taking the time to send the hard drive back to the customer.

Mikeyur tries to send the hard drive, but FedEX doesn't accept package due to it not being a grounds truck.

Op makes a terrible refrence that US Mail is the same as FedEX in an irrelevant post about a post office being next to delimiter.

That script would do a really good movie

• NeoonNeoon Community Contributor, Veteran

Thanked by 2ehab KuJoe
  • ivankivank Member
    edited May 2016

I pointed at the USPS because if Delimiter took USPS labels in addition to Fedex/UPS, I would have had the drive returned (still hypothetically) with 2-day shipping for $14 instead of $37 :-) USPS does free pickups during scheduled mail delivery, but if that failed, they'd have the struggle of crossing the street.

• ivankivank Member

Fedex has sent someone to pickup your drive but they went to the wrong floor.

Can you confirm the exact pick-up address that you have used.

• @ivank said:

You can take a flight, and drive the rest of the way to Delimiter and get your drive back?

This discussion has been closed.