Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

The Delimiter Slot Hosting experience - Page 4
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

The Delimiter Slot Hosting experience

Comments

• NekkiNekki Veteran

@mikeyur said:

@lbft said:
    Ragequitting is very mature.

Removing a not-as-profitable product that isn't very popular and creates problems seems like a very mature response to me. It was not a product I implemented, I don't have issues removing it from sale.

Sounds entirely reasonable.

Only a fucking idiot would keep a dish on the menu that's a problem to make and nobody really orders.

Thanked by 1ATHK
  • @mikeyur said:

@hawc said:

Does that include the OPs service (getting his drive returned), or is his drive going to be accidentally lost, pissed on, or destroyed?

Did you read the line before it? You told me to "READ" a couple posts back. I suggest you take your own advice.

Are you going to read my post and respond to it? Why does delimiter think it's acceptable to post customer data on a public forum?

• lbftlbft Member

jarland said: Pretty sure I step up for other hosts when I recognize it as well, but those two happen to be high on the list of "popular hatred" on LET right now so yeah you're going to see me in more threads about them than some obscure provider that no one knows anything about.

What frustrates me isn't that you're sticking up for them, it's that you appear to assume any criticism is baseless. When we all see the same sorts of complaints about service over and over and over again it's perhaps time to accept that the customer isn't always wrong and just looking for drama. I don't think anyone here deserves that much latitude, not even the ones I like.

If I'm misinterpreting your posts then I apologise, but that's how it has come across to me.

jarland said: I don't even read half the threads here. Neither do you, I'd wager.

Definitely not, and of the threads I read there are few I care enough to post in. I'm very far from perfect so feel free to flame me right back <3

Thanked by 3jar MikePT TheLinuxBug
  • edited April 2016

@jarland said:
    So customer sends crappy shipping label and Delimiter is to blame. Oh right, we're hating on Delimiter right now, details don't matter. Grab pitchforks guys, they're on the "Hate on them for any reason mentioned regardless of the situation" list. LET is all about the mob mentality lately, it's pathetic. Here's to hoping we get some new, objective members, and that they don't allow the old timers like us to tell them who to hate.

In before one week's worth of Red Bull purchased this comment. I'm just mildly annoyed lately that LET is a forum full of people that demand a market and then try to regularly set that market on fire at the same time. "We want low prices" + "We hate everyone who meets our requests"

Wow, jarland you are actually defending Delimeter?
    Incredible.

I guess you get bought easily...what was it, some Pop-Tarts?
    That was the best money spent by Delimiter.

Funny enough the other guy defending Delimiter (Mun), also received Pop-Tarts!

Thanked by 2MikePT Four20
  • jarjar Patron Provider, Top Host, Veteran
    edited April 2016

lbft said: If I'm misinterpreting your posts then I apologise, but that's how it has come across to me.

I guess it's just my attitude today, honestly. I don't think you're misinterpreting, I'm just getting a little tired of certain attitudes on LET and I should probably take myself out of the game for a few hours.

I'm probably more pissed at Amazon for delaying my shipment 3 times, and myself for driving 45 minutes to best buy without my debit card, and I'm probably taking it out on others.

globalRegisters said: I guess you get bough easily

Oh shut up and read the rest of my posts :P

• NekkiNekki Veteran

globalRegisters said: Funny enough the other guy defending Delimiter (Mun), also received Pop-Tarts!

I don't think @Mun was defending them as such? More just a remark that his slot hosting experience had been a good one, as a counterpoint to the OPs experience.

Basically, leave my Munzy alone, alright?

• deankdeank Member, Troll
    edited April 2016

Hard to understand how anyone's defending the host.

The OP orders slot hosting and sent his drive.

The host got the drive and does nothing for 3 days, so OP asks what's going on.

No response for additional 3 days.

So, OP cancels the service and asks for the drive to be shipped back.

Host asks for a shipping label.

OP sends one but it's bill to sender.

OP sends another and is a correct one this time.

7 days goes by without the drive being shipped.

Then OP posts his story here.

How can anyone defend the host in this case?

• NekkiNekki Veteran

deank said: How can anyone defend the host in this case?

Pop tarts.

• raindog308raindog308 Administrator, Veteran
    edited April 2016

mikeyur said: I've also removed the slot hosting product as it was an inherited product that has never been a primary focus - I kept it around because a few long time customers enjoy it and continually add-on new services. Existing slot hosting customers will keep their service but I've shut it down for new sales (there are a few pending orders and those will be fulfilled).

Thanked by 1Jonchun
  • raindog308raindog308 Administrator, Veteran

jarland said: I guess it's just my attitude today

• MikePTMikePT Moderator, Patron Provider, Veteran

@jarland said:

lbft said: If I'm misinterpreting your posts then I apologise, but that's how it has come across to me.

I guess it's just my attitude today, honestly. I don't think you're misinterpreting, I'm just getting a little tired of certain attitudes on LET and I should probably take myself out of the game for a few hours.

I'm probably more pissed at Amazon for delaying my shipment 3 times, and myself for driving 45 minutes to best buy without my debit card, and I'm probably taking it out on others.

globalRegisters said: I guess you get bough easily

Oh shut up and read the rest of my posts :P

Its always like that. And if you dont agree, you will be banned, unless you have a gang here looking for you. I dislike jarland as much he dislikes me, but here, Im an honest guy with no gangs.

edited April 2016

MrGeneral said: Its always like that. And if you dont agree, you will be banned, unless you have a gang here looking for you. I dislike jarland as much he dislikes me, but here, Im an honest guy with no gangs.

lol

I wanted to like you. I tried hard to like you. I even did like you. You just kept finding ways to be a dick to me, so you're right... I don't like you. Case in point, I admitted to having a rough day and you thought it was appropriate to kick me while I was down. Dick move, but that's just the kind of person you are.

Thanked by 2netomx Jonchun
  • FalzoFalzo Member

jarland said: I'm probably more pissed at Amazon for delaying my shipment 3 times

you see the special irony of this statement inside this thread yourself, don't you?

• lbftlbft Member

mikeyur said: Removing a not-as-profitable product

If the issue's profitability, that's a perfectly reasonable explanation (even if doing it in this thread is perhaps not the best idea).

• lbftlbft Member

jarland said: I should probably take myself out of the game for a few hours.

No! Remember now, drama is pageviews. Feed the fire.

(I suppose the irony is continual drama is what you're upset about!)

Thanked by 2jar netomx

Falzo said: you see the special irony of this statement inside this thread yourself, don't you?

Lol you're not wrong

• This thread cropped up at the shittiest time possible. I was gonna go shopping at delimiter's shack.. :(

• MarkTurnerMarkTurner Member
    edited April 2016

Sorry to burst your bubble girls but lets really analyse this:

The customer posted:

Look at the bottom of the screenshot, it shows the USPS tracking information, access the URL and you'll see the source of the package.

Then the OP posted the USPS tracking URL in plain text, which again shows his location:

Now, the Fedex label had the tracking number obfuscated so unless you could read the barcode then you wouldn't be able to get the number. Lets say you did just that - you would get the city and state just as the OP posted.

Important to note that shipment was voided and replacement label sent so that label would carry no useful or identifiable information.

What additional information was released by posting the label - nothing - the OP already disclosed the SAME information.

To make this retard proof, the OP disclosed:

1. Full Name
    2. Location: City, State, Country

The posting of the fully redacted shipping label disclosed nothing human readable, but one could obtain the tracking number from the barcode, then run it into Fedex's tracker and get the SAME city, state, country that the OP had already disclosed.

Go back and recheck your arguments.

Anyway - if you decide to pull the tracking number, you'll see that the Fedex shows terms 'Seller', according to Fedex (I just called them) that means we'll received the bill.

Of course we have to have the compulsory coupon for this - SNIPPED gives $10 off your first month's dedicated server https://cc.delimiter.com/cart/dedicated-servers/

Thanked by 3luissousa cece GCat
  • MikePTMikePT Moderator, Patron Provider, Veteran
    edited April 2016

@jarland said:

MrGeneral said: Its always like that. And if you dont agree, you will be banned, unless you have a gang here looking for you. I dislike jarland as much he dislikes me, but here, Im an honest guy with no gangs.

lol

I wanted to like you. I tried hard to like you. I even did like you. You just kept finding ways to be a dick to me, so you're right... I don't like you. Case in point, I admitted to having a rough day and you thought it was appropriate to kick me while I was down. Dick move, but that's just the kind of person you are.

I would never hurt you if I noticed you were having a bad day. I may be cheapo, stupid and nervous sometimes, but I am told I have a good heart. I follow values honesty and integrity.

I am not a dick nor I will ever be. You choose to believe in what you want. I am pretty sure you have a lot to learn and all that Kingdom thought "I do what I want as an Admin" will go down one day.

There is many people here which I helped in many occasions. Assumptions that I refuted, for example, bashing Delimiter and nowadays I have a server with them (not low cost). Still, no one buys me out. I am always the same person. You really do not know me.

• AmitzAmitz Member
    edited April 2016

@MarkTurner said:
    bla bla bla
    Of course we have to have the compulsory coupon for this - 'SNIPPED' gives $10 off your first month's dedicated server https://cc.delimiter.com/cart/dedicated-servers/

Mark, you are nothing but a dick. This is not meant as an insult. Rather a condition description. And I feel you should be told that more often. I can do that for you. I would love to help you to improve yourself. Just give me a sign and I'll be there for you.

I have removed your coupon code. This is not your time for advertisement.

• FalzoFalzo Member
    edited April 2016

@Falzo said:
    maybe @MarkTurner just had a bad day (we all do from time to time) and will go back to normal after a beer or two ...

MarkTurner said: Of course we have to have the compulsory coupon for this - 'SNIPPED' gives $10 off your first month's dedicated server

haha ;-)

• hawchawc Moderator, LIR
    edited April 2016

MarkTurner said: Of course we have to have the compulsory coupon for this - SNIPPED gives $10 off your first month's dedicated server https://cc.delimiter.com/cart/dedicated-servers/

I realise that an abuse laden post probably wasnt a good idea....

• edited April 2016

@MarkTurner said:
    Of course we have to have the compulsory coupon for this - SNIPPED gives $10 off your first month's dedicated server https://cc.delimiter.com/cart/dedicated-servers/

People are getting wise to you, only a fool will accept such an offer now.

• NekkiNekki Veteran

Just when I thought this one was running out to steam...

• @mikeyur said:
    We never failed to provide the service - the customer cancelled after being given the deployment estimate, then the shipping label thing, etc.
    @MarkTurner said:

The customer posted:

You forgot to comment about the part where your staff told the customer "the reply to the ticket seems pretty clear", while looking at a ticket without reply.

Would love to find out why your staff thinks the ticket was responded to, but the customer didnt see any replies. Staff replying on cc.delimiter, which isnt visible on clients.delimiter or something?

• hawchawc Moderator, LIR

MarkTurner said: Location: City, State, Country

Please note that the barcode actually has FULL ADDRESSES IN IT. Not just the redacted stuff that was in the tracking link.... I have shown this to @ishaq as well. The barcode is designed to be read, so that its easy to know where the parcel is going, without having to read the address...

Thanked by 1inthecloudblog
  • ATHKATHK Member
    edited April 2016

@hawc said:

MarkTurner said: Location: City, State, Country

Please note that the barcode actually has FULL ADDRESSES IN IT. Not just the redacted stuff that was in the tracking link.... I have shown this to @ishaq as well. The barcode is designed to be read, so that its easy to know where the parcel is going, without having to read the address...

Nawww I wish I quoted your shitty rant where you said "fuck you mark" "fuck delimiter ". Just like a child.

[EDIT] fixed type. Damn this S7 to hell the auto correct is so damn aggressive..

• FalzoFalzo Member

I think we already should team up now...

Thanked by 1vimalware
  • TWoTWo Member

@MarkTurner said:

Not want to burst your big bubble, but the PDF417 stacked linear barcode on the FedEx label you generously disclosed here carries the full name and address of the OP (plus some additional sensitive information). No need to run it through FedEx's tracker, everything already in front of you eyes.

Try to be a big man next time. This "but customer has done this and that" is so ridiculous for someone claiming to offer professional services.

Lets say you did just that - you would get the city and state just as the OP posted.

WRONG.

Important to note that shipment was voided and replacement label sent so that label would carry no useful or identifiable information.

WRONG.

What additional information was released by posting the label - nothing - the OP already disclosed the SAME information.

WRONG.

One might argue that from name and city, the address is easy obtainable. But that should not be the point of this discussion.

Thanked by 3hawc ivank Pwner
  • MunMun Member

globalRegisters said: Funny enough the other guy defending Delimiter (Mun), also received Pop-Tarts!

Well, I am not sure why I am being dragged out into the open to be beat on, but as you requested let's go!

Proof I have a slot host:

Currently I use mine with a 6TB red drive, and I use it for backups.

Network graphs:

Processor graphs:

I have had a few blips with the service (link below), most notably the Delimter power fiasco / Karma train. However, for what it does it does well. I mean, it is simply a place for me to store a copy of my VMs so that I can have a recovery option when shit explodes.

http://uptime.munroenet.com/outages.php?name=atl-1

For the price point it is excellent and would have to spend at least 4 times as much elsewhere to get similar storage size. In the end, it fills its purpose to a letter, and I am happy with the service I have received.

In total I have put 7 tickets about the service.

Most of them are due to random outages of the box where I required the host to manually start / reset the host node. I have also had to do a few fsck after random power losses where the drive seemed to be out of whack. However nothing major was lossed in any event.

I will note that yes, I did get poptarts (which I have eaten all of). I also got a months supply of LET popcorn for drama like this.

In the end my comments here were more in contrast to OPs. I was saying that I have had generally good experiences with Delimter. That I don't think slot hosting should be shunned, and that frankly for the price it was worth it.

Nekki said: I don't think @Mun was defending them as such? More just a remark that his slot hosting experience had been a good one, as a counterpoint to the OPs experience.

This ^

Nekki said: Basically, leave my Munzy alone, alright?

<3

(( Note on photos, they may be slow to load. My IPv6 space at Incero is being finicky today. ))

Thanked by 1mike0000
This discussion has been closed.