Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

The Delimiter Slot Hosting experience - Page 5
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

The Delimiter Slot Hosting experience

Comments

• TWoTWo Member

@MarkTurner said:
    Usual time for a disk to be pulled, packed and shipped is 7-10 days, you finally sent us your label on the 20th, so that would be 27-30th at the latest for shipping.

From where the disk has to be pulled? It never reached the interior of the DC. After probably sitting 7 days in that parcel locker it might not even have to be re-packed.

And what do you mean by "finally"? The OP uploaded the label the day he cancelled the service and asked for return. It took your company another day to figure that the provided label does not meet your standards. Once you've told him (on the 20th) he immediately tried to provide a label which was meeting your requirements.

Nice attitude to a customer. First ignoring him and than pretending that's all his own fault.

As it turns out, the only mistake the OP made, was choosing to become a client of Delimiter.

• Thanked by 1inthecloudblog
  • raindog308raindog308 Administrator, Veteran

Nekki said: Just when I thought this one was running out to steam...

• @hawc said:
    @raindog308 - going to one up you here

Beautiful =)

• DylanDylan Member

@jarland said:
    So customer sends crappy shipping label and Delimiter is to blame.

He didn't send a crappy shipping label, though. I'll generate one right now to show you.

Here's the shipment creation page. Note how there's no "bill sender" option, only My Acccount (which is what I selected), Recipient, and Third party. Selecting Recipient or Third party adds a field to enter someone else's account number in. Selecting My Account doesn't give me a choice and bills me automatically.

And here's the generated label:

In FedEx terminology as the person who created the label I am the sender. The physical address the package is coming from or going to has nothing to do with who gets billed.

If you ever buy something where the seller offers free returns, and return it using a FedEx label they provide you, you'll notice the same "bill sender" line. It's all about who created the label.

• hawchawc Moderator, LIR

Person who sends the package = sender. OP is sending the package to himself.

• Time to close this thread I guess? Same ideas just getting around around and around.

If the OP still not happy with the free return shipping, what else resolution he may have? 50% off on one year slot hosting?

Of course service improvement is still a must. Delimiter can't always use LET to deal with their internal issue.

Thanked by 1theroyalstudent
  • jarjar Patron Provider, Top Host, Veteran

Dylan said: He didn't send a crappy shipping label, though. I'll generate one right now to show you.

Thanks for the clarification, I was wrong.

Thanked by 1Dylan
  • hawchawc Moderator, LIR

@david_W said:
    Time to close this thread I guess? Same ideas just getting around around and around.

If the OP still not happy with the free return shipping, what else resolution he may have? 50% off on one year slot hosting?

Of course service improvement is still a must. Delimiter can't always use LET to deal with their internal issue.

I want to see someone from Delimiter respond first

• HxxxHxxx Member

Drama level is about 40% , this can be better, c'mon! That coupon denial tho, beautiful.

• @teamacc said:
    Friend of mine also has a server with you, also lacking responses to tickets. (7+ days no answers)

To follow up on this: It turned out to be a single ticket, not multiple. Being angry about a ticket remaining unanswered causes lots of noise and multiple entries in memory. Ticket# sent to mark, as promised

• GhettoServer™ lol

Thanked by 1vpsguy
  • That was some juicy drama.

• YmpkerYmpker Member
    edited April 2016

Seems like we are settling with just the right mood to wait for the launch of Game of Thrones Episode 2. If this continues we certainly can't be sure there won't be any casualties on our side..

Anyway I've come prepared so feel free to take..

Let's keep this up until Saturday!

• netomxnetomx Moderator, Veteran

MarkTurner said: Anyway - if you decide to pull the tracking number, you'll see that the Fedex shows terms 'Seller', according to Fedex (I just called them) that means we'll received the bill.

I tested it, it says "bill sender" using my fedex account, so that's an error on their side.

Thanked by 1budi1413
  • Too bad on the CS side of things, but really unfortunate about the product going away.

• ATHKATHK Member
    edited April 2016

@Hadriel said:
    Too bad on the CS side of things, but really unfortunate about the product going away.

I'm sure @mikeyur would still sell the product to those interested even if it isn't publicly listed.

• KrisKris Member

I've gotta laugh at the GhettoServer, but for two reasons...

A) Is that 55 Marietta I see in the distance? Few blocks from MLK Boulevard?

B) I built a datacenter (Orlando) on desktop commodity hardware, and the stability was brilliant. It's all about the engineering, and due diligence. Once we left a crappy penthouse in downtown Orlando [looks over] we got proper racks, bread racks for desktops, even digital logger remote reboot units in early 2000's. Oh and a very very large UPS we routinely tested + diesel generator on site. We actually built out the space from a converted aircraft hangar. You tend to see more when staff is on-site and building the infrastructure from scratch rather than inheriting old DC space. We learned that the hard way from the penthouse old UUNet space.

Hell throw the latest E5's with DDR4 RAM in downtown Atlanta, if the power infrastructure looks like it's the original from when it was built in the 1950's... well - then we have GhettoDC ?

I love you guys, but please stop sounding like you're taking PR classes direct from scientology.

• BradNDBradND Member
    edited April 2016

@TWo said:

@MarkTurner said:
    Sorry to burst your bubble girls but lets really analyse this:

Not want to burst your big bubble, but the PDF417 stacked linear barcode on the FedEx label you generously disclosed here carries the full name and address of the OP (plus some additional sensitive information). No need to run it through FedEx's tracker, everything already in front of you eyes.

Try to be a big man next time. This "but customer has done this and that" is so ridiculous for someone claiming to offer professional services.

Lets say you did just that - you would get the city and state just as the OP posted.

WRONG.

Important to note that shipment was voided and replacement label sent so that label would carry no useful or identifiable information.

WRONG.

What additional information was released by posting the label - nothing - the OP already disclosed the SAME information.

WRONG.

One might argue that from name and city, the address is easy obtainable. But that should not be the point of this discussion.

@MarkTurner I still feel like this needs a proper response from Delimiter, you know, being a UK Company and all I wonder how the Data commissioner would feel about this?

Thanked by 1zafouhar
  • tommytommy Member

Time for them to take holiday :) let say 2-3 week.

Just like another thread. When something goes bad and the refugee offer won't work they take holiday.

So let's wait patiently.

• NekkiNekki Veteran

@MarkTurner I still feel like this needs a proper response from Delimiter, you know, being a UK Company and all I wonder how the Data commissioner would feel about this?

Pretty sure this is all run under the US company, the U.K. one is just a shell or something like that.

• @Nekki said:

Pretty sure this is all run under the US company, the U.K. one is just a shell or something like that.

I think they are all shell companies of each other. They are a mystery company.

• @tommy said:
    Time for them to take holiday :) let say 2-3 week.

Just like another thread. When something goes bad and the refugee offer won't work they take holiday.

So let's wait patiently.

Lets eat popcorn while we wait patiently

• @MarkTurner
    seems to be banned ? anyone knows why ?

• @Caster said:
    @MarkTurner
    seems to be banned ? anyone knows why ?

For exposing sensitive customer info

Thanked by 1vimalware
  • ivankivank Member
    edited April 2016

I finally got a response on my ticket:

My colleagues in Atlanta tried to hand the package to Fedex today, they will not accept it unless its on their roster.

Would you contact Fedex and ask them to come on Monday between 9am and 5pm to collect the package.

Anyone know what that is about? Is creating a return shipment label not enough for Fedex to accept a package?

• qpsqps Member, Host Rep

ivank said: Anyone know what that is about? Is creating a return shipment label not enough for Fedex to accept a package?

Could be they tried to give it to a FedEx Ground driver instead of a FedEx Express driver or vice versa depending on which type of shipment it was. I've seen the Ground/Express issue in the past. Even though they are both "FedEx" they basically operate like two separate companies - unlike UPS.

Thanked by 1ivank
  • MunMun Member

One of the reasons I like UPS. They just get it done. Though an occasional bump along the way.

This discussion has been closed.