Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

The Delimiter Slot Hosting experience
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

The Delimiter Slot Hosting experience

I was originally really happy to find that Delimiter Slot Hosting existed. I had a lot of data stuck in an ADSL neighborhood and wanted to finally upload all of my data into my Google Drive. Amazon's cloud import offering would land my data in an S3 bucket, which wouldn't work for me. So I planned to send about six 4TB drives to Delimiter, hoping it would take about 1.5 weeks per drive at most. Here's how it went with the first and only drive:

Thu April 7 - I email [email protected] to make sure slot hosting is still being offered at the prices mentioned earlier; Michael confirms it is.

Fri April 8 - I order 3 months of slot hosting.

Sat April 9 -

Sun April 10 -

Mon April 11 - Delimiter processes my order and sends instructions for sending a drive to Atlanta, GA. I pack and send a drive. I open a ticket (as requested) with the shipment information.

Tue April 12 - (drive in transit)

Wed April 13 - Delimiter receives the drive in their mailbox. No word from Delimiter, no VPS setup.

Thu April 14 - No word from Delimiter, no VPS setup.

Fri April 15 - No word from Delimiter, no VPS setup. I ask on the ticket "Any ETA on getting this drive into my VPS?"

Sat April 16 - No word from Delimiter, no VPS setup.

Sun April 17 - No word from Delimiter, no VPS setup.

Mon April 18 - I email Michael after another customer gives me his email. No reply (ever).

Tue April 19 - I use the chat on delimitervps.com to talk to Michael. I give him a ticket # that has no reply. He claims there are answers on it, but there are none. Michael says slot hosting drives are set up in batches on Friday, and that my service will be set up this Friday. That would be 9 days after receiving my drive. I mention that my drive was received last Wednesday. At this point I'm not 100% sure Delimiter hasn't just started farming hard drives. Knowing that I'd probably have nothing on Friday and that they'd leave for the weekend, I ask to cancel service and get my drive back. Michael says to open a ticket. I open a ticket (#507518) and attach a Fedex label.

Wed April 20 - I get my first reply on clients.delimitervps.com, from Brian! Brian says to upload a Fedex label that doesn't say BILL SENDER even though it's obvious my Fedex account is being billed. Okay, fair enough. I upload a new label without that problem.

Thu April 21 - No word from Delimiter, no movement on Fedex.

Fri April 22 - No word from Delimiter, no movement on Fedex.

Sat April 23 - No word from Delimiter, no movement on Fedex.

Sun April 24 - No word from Delimiter, no movement on Fedex.

Mon April 25 - No word from Delimiter, no movement on Fedex. On the ticket, I ask for an update. No reply (ever).

Tue April 26 - No word from Delimiter, no movement on Fedex.

Wed April 27 - No word from Delimiter, no movement on Fedex.

tl;dr they never delivered a slot hosting VPS and still have my drive a week after getting a return label. I hope you find this review helpful.

Comments

• HxxxHxxx Member

wow

• JonchunJonchun Member
    edited April 2016

@ivank said:
    tl;dr they never delivered a slot hosting VPS and still have my drive a week after getting a return label. I hope you find this review helpful.

Nothing new here though. Everyone on this forum already knows you're not going to get support responses through their helpdesk. You need to publicly post on LET and one of their representatives (I think there are 2?) will respond within an hour.

• Interesting. I'd like to know how they respond on this. I was about to order a StorageVPS from them.

• Its Delimiter, they're cheap. How dare you. This is my prediction for this thread.

• They once delete my disk without any conformation. All my data is lost. They refuse to admit it was their fault, not confirming the disk reinstall. Their support is slow, and when they are taking action that was too late, without any further info this is a big problem. It happen twice. The conclusion is yours to make. For me it was nightmare, support wise. Service wise, there's nothing exceptional other than a cheap service. I'm with OVH now, they're cheaper and surprisingly better both in term of performance and support.

Thanked by 1ivank
  • cececece Member
    edited April 2016

I ordered a storage vps less than a week ago, they double my storage as I expect . although not instantly . I think they may be regret to give out the crazy coupons like 2x 4x storage.
    But they still give that .

• hawchawc Moderator, LIR

@MarkTurner should be around soon @mikeyur as well

Thanked by 1netomx
  • AmitzAmitz Member
    edited April 2016

Don't worry. Drives are getting returned in batches on Fridays! ;-)

• Thanked by 1netomx
  • Absolutely not taking sides in this but some pictures would help confirm your side of the story.
    For instance some pictures of your original ticket where Michael claims there are responses but you see none.

• ivankivank Member
    edited April 2016

• I think I see the problem. Their support is only looking at the ticket system on cc.delimiter.com not clients.delimitervps.com but it looks like slot hosting is still managed by clients.delimitervps.com

• cfgguycfgguy Member, Host Rep

In the end. Its not their fault. Its your fault :D

Thanked by 3JerryReeves fxf Mathias
  • @mikeyur Send some Pop-Tarts when you ship the drives ;)

Thanked by 1ATHK
  • edited April 2016

@ivank

Thanks for the review.

It really sucks that these guys can't get their act together.

I had been considering their services and had heard about their poor support but I never imaged it would be this bad. This pretty much seals it for me.

• @globalRegisters said:
    @ivank
    I had been considering their services and had heard about their poor support but I never imaged it would be this bad. This pretty much seals it for me.

Same lol.

• hawchawc Moderator, LIR

The lack of response from Delimiter is amazing

Thanked by 1zafouhar
  • @hawc said:
    The lack of response from Delimiter is amazing

I would guess they have launched an investigation and will update this thread with the results and the steps they've taken for this issue not to repeat.

• MarkTurnerMarkTurner Member
    edited April 2016

You caused your own delay with the return by pulling a stunt with the Fedex label.

It says Bill Sender - we're not paying to return your disk. Whether you want to pretend that your account would be billed or not, it says Bill Sender so you can be 1000% sure we would be billed for your return goods.

redacted by @Ishaq

Its right there in the top right of the shipping label.

Anyway you were told about your mistake:

The packing label is not prepaid, it shows bill sender.
    Your packing label will need to be prepaid.

You tried to make it work:

That's just how Fedex labels work. Fedex considers me the sender and will bill my Fedex account. That's the option I selected when I printed the label.

followed by:

I just called Fedex and confirmed that they cannot print a label that doesn't say "BILL SENDER" in this case - anyway, it doesn't matter, Fedex will accept the package and bill my account.

Good try - but no-one bought that one and you were told:

Thats not correct, Bill Sender specifically means Bill Sender.

We have received many Fedex labels over the years and they either say Bill Recipient, Bill Account #XXXXXX or nothing.

We will not accept a label which is making us liable for shipment. You will also need to address it to the right company and include the CT reference number on the label. This is the same information that you used to ship the goods.

Then finally you send a prepaid label:

OK, I have figured out that I need to "create return shipment" instead of "create shipment" on fedex.com.

>

Please use the updated label, attached.

Usual time for a disk to be pulled, packed and shipped is 7-10 days, you finally sent us your label on the 20th, so that would be 27-30th at the latest for shipping.

• sirmbhe said: They once delete my disk without any conformation. All my data is lost. They refuse to admit it was their fault, not confirming the disk reinstall.

What is the ticket number on this. How can we lose your data on a dedicated server? If your disk breaks then it will be replaced and you will restore your data from your backups.

• globalRegisters said: I had been considering their services and had heard about their poor support but I never imaged it would be this bad. This pretty much seals it for me.

I will try to contain the disappointment.

• ivankivank Member
    edited April 2016

Uh-huh. I cause a 1-day delay with a bad label. Fedex employee doesn't tell me about the return shipment option and neither does your Brian. If it takes 7-10 days, why not, you know, let me know beforehand?

(Also, good job classifying a mistake as "pulling a stunt" and posting a 2D barcode that probably has my address and Fedex account number. I didn't think it was a big deal because I returned "BILL SENDER" stuff to jet.com without being billed. Whatever. The label thing is a convenient distraction from clients.delimitervps.com being /dev/null)

Thanked by 1loyd
  • ivank said: Uh-huh. I cause a 1-day delay with a bad label. Fedex employee doesn't tell me about the return shipment option and neither does your Brian. If it takes 7-10 days, why not, you know, let me know beforehand?

Why should Brian advise you about your shipping choices? What are we FreightQuote now?

• @MarkTurner said:
    Usual time for a disk to be pulled, packed and shipped is 7-10 days, you finally sent us your label on the 20th, so that would be 27-30th at the latest for shipping.

Then why not tell the client about this after he asked for updates - repeatedly - in tickets?

Friend of mine also has a server with you, also lacking responses to tickets. (7+ days no answers)

Thanked by 1loyd
  • teamacc said: Friend of mine also has a server with you, also lacking responses to tickets. (7+ days no answers)

And what ticket number would that be?

• @MarkTurner said:

teamacc said: Friend of mine also has a server with you, also lacking responses to tickets. (7+ days no answers)

And what ticket number would that be?

Sorry, he's offline at this moment. I will PM you the ticketnumbers when I get the info.

• Thanked by 1ATHK
  • teamacc said: Sorry, he's offline at this moment. I will PM you the ticketnumbers when I get the info.

PM me the details and I'll check on it

• @MarkTurner said:
    I will try to contain the disappointment.

No need to post the obvious.

Plainly apparent Delimiter doesn't care.

This discussion has been closed.