Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

The Delimiter Slot Hosting experience - Page 3
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

The Delimiter Slot Hosting experience

Comments

• jarjar Patron Provider, Top Host, Veteran
    edited April 2016

So customer sends crappy shipping label and Delimiter is to blame. Oh right, we're hating on Delimiter right now, details don't matter. Grab pitchforks guys, they're on the "Hate on them for any reason mentioned regardless of the situation" list. LET is all about the mob mentality lately, it's pathetic. Here's to hoping we get some new, objective members, and that they don't allow the old timers like us to tell them who to hate.

In before one week's worth of Red Bull purchased this comment. I'm just mildly annoyed lately that LET is a forum full of people that demand a market and then try to regularly set that market on fire at the same time. "We want low prices" + "We hate everyone who meets our requests"

• hawchawc Moderator, LIR

jarland said: So customer sends crappy shipping label and Delimiter is to blame. Oh right, we're hating on Delimiter right now, details don't matter. Grab pitchforks guys, they're on the "Hate on them for any reason mentioned regardless of the situation" list.

>

You forgot the whole "Delimiter posts customers address on LET"

Thanked by 1Peroni
  • ivankivank Member
    edited April 2016

And they received a good label after asking for one... over a week ago. For a hard drive that probably didn't even go into their DC.

hawc said: You forgot the whole "Delimiter posts customers address on LET"

Oh yeah that's shitty and deserves all hatred you'd like to throw at it :)

• @jarland said:
    So customer sends crappy shipping label and Delimiter is to blame. Oh right, we're hating on Delimiter right now, details don't matter. Grab pitchforks guys, they're on the "Hate on them for any reason mentioned regardless of the situation" list. LET is all about the mob mentality lately, it's pathetic. Here's to hoping we get some new, objective members, and that they don't allow the old timers like us to tell them who to hate.

In before one week's worth of Red Bull purchased this comment

Did you actually read this thread?

Thanked by 2netomx ucxo

BradND said: Did you actually read this thread?

Apparently not enough. I came in post edit.

Thanked by 2Hxxx netomx
  • @jarland said:

@hawc said: You forgot the whole "Delimiter posts customers address on LET"

To be fair, the customer posted full screenshots of his tickets and a link to his first tracking number. Mark has already removed it.

mikeyur said: To be fair, the customer posted full screenshots of his tickets and a link to his first tracking number. Mark has already removed it.

MarkTurner said: redacted by @Ishaq

READ

• @jarland said:

BradND said: Did you actually read this thread?

Apparently not enough. I came in post edit.

Fair enough. Considering other users have been banned for posting these kind of details in the past, what's your stance on delimiter doing this? Or do we default to delimiter being Scott free because of this apparent mob mentality?

• @mikeyur said:

@jarland said:

@hawc said: You forgot the whole "Delimiter posts customers address on LET"

To be fair, the customer posted full screenshots of his tickets and a link to his first tracking number. Mark has already removed it.

That is his information to post not yours.

BradND said: Fair enough. Considering other users have been banned for posting these kind of details in the past, what's your stance on delimiter doing this? Or do we default to delimiter being Scott free because of this apparent mob mentality?

I'll leave that up to @Ishaq. I do have some biases and that's why I keep a moderator team around that does not share my biases, fully empowered to do what they feel is right, without instruction from me.

Thanked by 1MacPac
  • @Ishaq said:
    As a courtesy, Delimiter should have returned the disk for free since they were incapable of providing the advertised service (even after informing the client it was available via sales email).

No consistency, empty promises, lousy communication and to top it off they complain because they don't want to pay return shipping.

We never failed to provide the service - the customer cancelled after being given the deployment estimate, then the shipping label thing, etc.

We have a $25 fee to return drives so I can either charge the customer to return it - or wait 7-10 days and get it done for free in someone's spare time. I don't believe that was communicated with the customer and I apologize to @ivank. The drive will be shipped out tomorrow - I'll cover the $25 fee personally if needed.

I've also removed the slot hosting product as it was an inherited product that has never been a primary focus - I kept it around because a few long time customers enjoy it and continually add-on new services. Existing slot hosting customers will keep their service but I've shut it down for new sales (there are a few pending orders and those will be fulfilled).

Well well well. Looks like its time to get out the meme closet again.

edited April 2016

Now if someone can make the Delimiter logo fade in at the end, that would be awesome.

• GamerGamer Member

Pretty piss poor customer service and lack of professionalism demonstrated by Delimiter on this one. Maybe pull up big girl panties and admit your in the wrong for lack of communication to client?

edited April 2016

mikeyur said: Existing slot hosting customers will keep their service but I've shut it down for new sales (there are a few pending orders and those will be fulfilled).

Does that include the OPs service (getting his drive returned), or is his drive going to be accidentally lost, pissed on, or destroyed?

• mikeyur said: I've also removed the slot hosting product as it was an inherited product that has never been a primary focus - I kept it around because a few long time customers enjoy it and continually add-on new services. Existing slot hosting customers will keep their service but I've shut it down for new sales (there are a few pending orders and those will be fulfilled).

This is why we can't have nice things

• @hawc said:

Does that include the OPs service (getting his drive returned), or is his drive going to be accidentally lost, pissed on, or destroyed?

Did you read the line before it? You told me to "READ" a couple posts back. I suggest you take your own advice.

Thanked by 1ATHK
  • MunMun Member

Aww fuck. I liked my slot host. Now I won't be able to get more. Thank you LET for nothing as usual. /cries.

• GamerGamer Member

@mikeyur said:

@hawc said:

Did you read the line before it? You told me to "READ" a couple posts back. I suggest you take your own advice.

Did Delimiter read the op ' s support tickets?

• @Gamer said:
    Did Delimiter read the op ' s support tickets?

Yup. Just didn't respond with all the details, which is why I apologized.

• FalzoFalzo Member

@Falzo said:
    and probably @mikeyur apologize/work things out with @ivank

@mikeyur said:
    and I apologize to @ivank. The drive will be shipped out tomorrow - I'll cover the $25 fee personally if needed.

n/t

Falzo said: @mikeyur said: and I apologize to @ivank. The drive will be shipped out tomorrow - I'll cover the $25 fee personally if needed.

Thank you. Finally a sense of good has come out of this thread.

Thanked by 1theroyalstudent
  • NekkiNekki Veteran

For anyone looking for pointers, this is how to do a drama thread right.

• FalzoFalzo Member

@Mun said:
    Aww fuck. I liked my slot host. Now I won't be able to get more.

I am sure you get more sluts slots hosted if needed. @mikeyur will take care if you work on with him ;-)

if it has been a grandfathered product by now I think it's just the right decision to cut on it to avoid further issues.

Thanked by 1ucxo
  • lbftlbft Member

mikeyur said: I've also removed the slot hosting product

Ragequitting is very mature.

jarland said: LET is all about the mob mentality lately, it's pathetic.

Funny thing how you seem to get upset only when your friends are the one in the firing line for providing poor service, Wable and Delimiter.

• @mikeyur said:
    I've also removed the slot hosting product as it was an inherited product that has never been a primary focus - I kept it around because a few long time customers enjoy it and continually add-on new services. Existing slot hosting customers will keep their service but I've shut it down for new sales (there are a few pending orders and those will be fulfilled).

Aw, I was going to get it one of these days.

Does anyone else do anything similar?

edited April 2016

lbft said: Funny thing how you seem to get upset only when your friends are the one in the firing line for providing poor service, Wable and Delimiter.

Pretty sure I step up for other hosts when I recognize it as well, but those two happen to be high on the list of "popular hatred" on LET right now so yeah you're going to see me in more threads about them than some obscure provider that no one knows anything about. Furthermore, you're more likely to see me in threads that interest you, and I'm more likely to open threads that interest me.

We all have our interests, things that catch our eyes more than others. You're no different than me on that, no one here is. We all see topics that look boring and skip over them. I don't even read half the threads here. Neither do you, I'd wager.

Thanked by 1ihatetonyy
  • @lbft said:
    Ragequitting is very mature.

Removing a not-as-profitable product that isn't very popular and creates problems seems like a very mature response to me. It was not a product I implemented, I don't have issues removing it from sale.

Thanked by 1lbft
  • StealthyHostingStealthyHosting Member, Host Rep

mikeyur said: I'll cover the $25 fee personally if needed.

Is this a carrier fee or a Delimiter fee? A fedex or UPS pickup request is far less than this.

This discussion has been closed.