Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

12GB RAM Dedicated Server in LA for $39. Just bought one - Page 6
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

12GB RAM Dedicated Server in LA for $39. Just bought one

12346»

Comments

• jarjar Patron Provider, Top Host, Veteran

@fly You don't have a scanner? Lol this is 1999 get with the times.

• Hm.. according to my calculations you're a bit behind time. >_>

• @dano said: what happens when it's 3am and I need to spin up a new VM for a client who has had a failure in another system?

the answer is pretty obvious: keep one spare

I had to be creative like this when I was with OVH and they require 5 minute intervals between MAC operations

@Ishaq said: behind

Nope. For me, time stopped when the Backstreet Boys were on the billboard top 10. That's the world I'll live in until I die.

• earlearl Member
    edited February 2013

@jarland said: this is 1999

Hmm.. from that comment I would have figured you for a Prince fan!

• This is the second time in two days I had to reboot the IPMI, first time it was a connection error of the java console and this time the webpage for the IPMI won't load!! is this normal for a supermicro IPMI?

The Dell IPMI I have at WII has had no issues whatsoever, it seem to also be quicker compared to the supermicro which seem to lag quite a bit!

• dearroydearroy Member, Host Rep

@earl At least you get your server. My server is still on the weekend trip.

• @dearroy said: @earl At least you get your server. My server is still on the weekend trip.

I know how that feels and I just hate it!!

Well I put in a ticket couple hours ago still no response, I'm thinking they don't work late nights or no late nights on weekends? sales did mention support was suppose to be 24/7 so kinda odd.. or maybe support is just sick of me?

@earl said: sales did mention support was suppose to be 24/7

Of course they wouldnt.
    Had I known they are 12/5, I wouldnt have ordered from them and even sent them my photo ID.

• @dearroy said: Had I known they are 12/5

If I had to say, early morning say 2AM onwards is when support is not available.. but I have just noticed this over the weekend.. I could have sworn on the weekdays they were replying at all hours..

FYI they still have not replied to my ticket.. but for a budget host I think this is still ok.

• @fly said: wsi $39

/thread

I don't want to hijack this, but does anyone have experience with wsi? Is their support better? Do they require photo IDs? Theres no way I'm sending any form of ID to anyone.

• shovenoseshovenose Member, Host Rep

Wholesale Internet is awesome. They didn't ask me for photo ID or Anything, but then again I use a Verified US Business PayPal so risk is low. But yeah their support responds super fast and the network is very fast.

@antiven said: Is their support better?

Far better. They're extremely friendly and polite, very easy to work with. They've also been around for quite some time and they're a very established name in the industry.

• Awesome, thanks. I'll try out wsi then.

• Yeah I agree they're petty easy going.. no need to scan ID or sign agreement or anything.. just no IRC and everything legal is good..

• wsi is way more legit

• Ok so it took perfectIP about 6 hours for them to reply and apparently they are looking into the problem.. so no IPMI as of yet.

Again they are normally pretty quick to reply so I'm not sure if this is a standard weekend thing that support takes 6 hours to get back to you, but I still think it's acceptable for what you're paying.

@earl Guess what?

This is regarding your recent Intel Xeon E3-1230 V2 3.30 GHz order with us. We regretfully would like to inform you that we are currently out of stock of this item due to high demand. Please let us know if you would like to cancel this order and we will refund you, or if you would like to wait for this server, which will be ready in 1 week.

• @dearroy said: @earl Guess what?

Dang!! what a let down..
    well I'm cancelling mine at the end of the term, I think I will stick with WII. I can't take the WD Green it's slow, and it's really cumbersome to have to register the MAC, the IPMI crapped out on me twice already. so if you cancel I don't think you are missing much!

• Your right @earl, there is NOTHING to miss by cancelling with PerfectIP - I just "tried" to contact support through the "online chat" system to ask about IP's and their policy, and was not happy with the snappy/rude support person on the other side. So the first time, I clicked and waited about 15-20 seconds or so and then switched windows and forgot about the chat session I started(my fault).

So then I closed and started a new session and asked about IPv6 and their process for requesting them? I was immediately replied to with "contact sales" and then another reply of "thanks". At this point, I assume the operator thinks the conversation is over, but I go ahead and say "I have another question?" -- I waited about 1min or two, and nothing came back as a reply, so I closed the window.

I opened a new window to ask my last question, and was told quickly that "I have 3 chat windows open with support" --- At this point, I pretty much said "#^#&#" this, in a nice way. I layed out how I messed up the first time, and I how I had more questions the second chat, but you(support) closed the session or didn't reply, and how this is the third window, where I intend to get the rest of my questions answered.

I honestly feel like I took more BS than I needed today -- I am happy their are friendly providers out there, like WSI, and even Server305.com (who was posted on LEB recently) has been nothing but nice to me, their customer. I finished off my conversation by letting PerfectIP support know that "I am sorry for bothering them with my questions and multiple chat windows - you can close them all now".

• @dano said: Your right @earl, there is NOTHING to miss by cancelling with PerfectIP - I just "tried" to contact support through the "online chat" system to ask about IP's and their policy, and was not happy with the snappy/rude support person on the other side.

Hey, sorry to hear that Dano, well the chat guy I spoke with was actually pretty nice, overall I can't really complain about any of the staff that I have interacted with, tickets was replied to promptly by sales and support.

WSI sales on the other hand has taken days just to answer a simple questions, I'm still waiting for them to reply and this ticket was started on Sunday!

• Support has been quick to respond to me as well. I decided to add ip's and switch to windows from linux. They let me add it to next invoice, and reformat was done in less than two hours from making the ticket.

• @William said: We give out /48s free in Austria on request ;)

Nice! Do you also put that range on the customer's name?