Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

12GB RAM Dedicated Server in LA for $39. Just bought one - Page 4
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

12GB RAM Dedicated Server in LA for $39. Just bought one

Comments

• JacobJacob Member
    edited February 2013

@yomero Yeah, I have some servers left. But starting from £45 upwards for Dual Intel Xeon 3Ghz.

• @yomero said: At UK I've read >some cool OpenITC offers.
    Also I remember @Jacob offering something too.

Will keep an eye open for these, anything in this price range I would likely take a couple in EU !

• Looks like a good deal :)

• @dearroy

Did they provision your server?

• Ordered mine this morning -- had to send them a signed agreement to not spam or ask for a refund and they have the authority to pull the plug for any abuse allegations. I ordered before they opened this morning, and was finished with the admin stuff around 11am PST - hopefully, I will be getting mine soon(bout 3pm PST now)

• @dano said: Ordered mine this morning

Which one did you get the E5520 or the E3-1230?

• E5520 I ordered

• @dano said: E5520 I ordered

Good luck! hope you get supermicro cause those come with the IPMI

• Just got the keys to the machine -- seems OK so far, will report back on it later.

• Yep - IPMI on the machine, I pulled the right straw -- hopefully that luck extends all the way to vegas, as Im driving there now:)

• dearroydearroy Member, Host Rep

@earl No, they asked me to data and sign their Service-Agreement, I was not in my office yesterday, and I am now doing that, hoping I can get the server info today.

• @dearroy My server was provisioned in around 3 hours after verification was confirmed at their end. My bet is that you'll be set up tomorrow as it's 5PM over in LA.

@jkr1711 said: My server was provisioned in around 3 hours after verification was confirmed at their end. My bet is that you'll be set up tomorrow as it's 5PM over in LA.

Oh :(
    You know, timezone difference kills me.

@jkr1711 said: My bet is that you'll be set up tomorrow as it's 5PM over in LA.

Suddenly I realize that today is Friday in their time, so they wont work tomorrow, I have to wait another 2 days, horray!!!!!!!!

• @dearroy Are you sure they don't rack on a Saturday? You should buzz the support email

• @dearroy said: @earl No, they asked me to data and sign their Service-Agreement

Ah yeah that silly agreement! wonder what happens if a client don't have a scanner? i wonder if you can just sign it with Microsoft paint?

• @earl said: Ah yeah that silly agreement! wonder what happens if a client don't have a scanner? i wonder if you can just sign it with Microsoft paint?

i dont have a scanner or a printer, they wouldn't let me sign it using photoshop

.... what the hell do i do

@jkr1711 Yes I confirmed the truth by spotting their reply here
    http://www.webhostingtalk.com/showpost.php?p=8569362&postcount=3

@earl Ougishi would be better tool to make a sign on PC :D

@fly said: they wouldn't let me sign it using photoshop

My idea would be taking a photo of your sign on a pure paper and then drag it onto their Service Agreement. It may works. :)

• @dearroy said: @earl Ougishi would be better tool to make a sign on PC :D

haha cool tool.. but really what's the point of signing the agreement when you don't even have a witness? they are kinda silly to be honest, and it's a real pain in the butt for the customer!

• earlearl Member
    edited February 2013

@fly said: i dont have a scanner or a printer, they wouldn't let me sign it using photoshop

.... what the hell do i do

Snail mail your own agreement?

@earl said: it's a real pain in the butt for the customer!

But we will still buy servers from them...

• jarjar Patron Provider, Top Host, Veteran

I sign digitally all the time. Usually with my ipad. Smart phones have apps for it too.

• earlearl Member
    edited February 2013

@dearroy said: But we will still buy servers from them...

Yes it saddens me to no end at what we will do if the price is low enough, look at the commercial media fiasco!! anyways I just had a look on WHT another provider selling pretty much the same specs for $219/m for E3-1230 v2, but on average they almost always priced at around $100/m over, so I think we are getting a deal:)

@jarland said: I sign digitally all the time. Usually with my ipad. Smart phones have apps for it too.

Yeah I asked about that but no go has to be hand written and signed!

@earl said: Yeah I asked about that but no go has to be hand written and signed!

"What do you mean? That is hand written. Well I'm sorry that your scanner doesn't look as good as mine but I don't see how that's my problem." ;)

• @jarland said: "What do you mean? That is hand written. Well I'm sorry that your scanner doesn't look as good

haha, yeah I guess that could work.. I'm sure in reality they just want your money..

• @jarland said: "What do you mean? That is hand written. Well I'm sorry that your scanner doesn't look as good as mine but I don't see how that's my problem." ;)

Wouldn't it be "I'm sorry my scanner isn't as good as yours, so it did not pick up the detail as yours would."

If your signature looked bad to them, how would it be their scanners problem?

Sorry, just giving you flack in a joking manner because I noticed the way it seemed twisted in scenario.

• Hmm it's a funny thing thought for me it feels like the server in WII is much smoother, somehow vmware console seems to work a lot better than the E3 from perfectIP, and a lot of thing seems to just generally work better with the Dell even thought specs wise it's alot older tech!..

not sure if the lag I experience in the vmware console is caused by the longer ping time cause WII is about 35ms while perfectip is about 72ms? or the fact that WII has a seagate barracuda 7.2k drives vs the Supermicrio WD Green drives?

@Holoshed said: Wouldn't it be "I'm sorry my scanner isn't as good as yours, so it did not pick up the detail as yours would."

Mostly because the document would appear in tact as opposed to the usual destruction caused by a scanner ;)

• I would have to agree with Jarland, since it would never leave the digital format the image would be a lot sharper as opposed to you having to print it and scan it.