Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

12GB RAM Dedicated Server in LA for $39. Just bought one - Page 5
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

12GB RAM Dedicated Server in LA for $39. Just bought one

Comments

• jarjar Patron Provider, Top Host, Veteran

We really thought out our theoretical scenario.

• I misunderstood then, in the part of them not accepting a non printed, signed then scanned document. As in signing it digitally and then saying as if your scanner just pixelated the signature, but it was in fact signed.

I was not looking at it as how its beneficial to actually get them to accept your signature as digital because digital is better.

• @Holoshed

Yeah the idea was if you did not have a printer or scanner what do you do? if you have a printer you could at least print it and mail it to them but really that's a lot of hassle just for renting a server!

• Yeah I had a similar problem, I'm flooded in at my house and i've got no ink in my printer, They wouldn't budge so i had to cancel my order:(

• earlearl Member
    edited February 2013

@rolz14 said: wouldn't budge so i had to cancel my order:(

They gave you a refund? it seems they don't really like giving out refunds for whatever reason!

• The document i couldn't sign was the service agreement so they hadn't charged me at that point.

• @rolz14 said: The document i couldn't sign was the service agreement so they hadn't charged me at that point.

Well the only agreement they made me sign was the one that says I agree that all services is non refundable and that I wont spam.. but at that point I have already signed up and paid, it was when I asked when my server will be ready that they tell me about this agreement..

• rolz14rolz14 Member
    edited February 2013

they charged my card for an authorization of a few cents or so and asked me to confirm how much it was and wanted the document signed and a scan of my ID and the credit card i used.

• @rolz14 said: wanted the document signed and a scan of my ID and the credit card i used

gheez.. makes you feel like your buying a house or something with all that paper work and ID.. thank god they did not ask for my ID cause I would have canceled right away! maybe cause I use paypal not a CC.

• Not sure if it applied to them but some allow snapshots fron smartphone - Print, sign, take pic with phone, send

• This is how my order went through:
    Ordered server at 4:04PM PST. Received an email at 4:30PM PST asking to verify a small amount charged to my account, along with a form that i had to print, sign, date, and email back. I then received a telephone call from perfectip at 4:58PM PST requesting to verify the last 4 of my CC, expiration, and security code. Then, at 6:02PM PST i received my server details. Painless transaction.

Here is my benchmark: http://serverbear.com/benchmark/2013/02/23/N5uHzYe5M3QwfkcZ

• dearroydearroy Member, Host Rep

@G_Fresh You are so lucky, I am still waiting my order to be verified.
    Since it's their Saturday today, and they dont process order in weekends.
    Timezone difference drives me mad...

• @G_Fresh

did they give you IPMI as well? they normally do if you got a supermicro server

• @earl

That's a negative. I'll make a ticket to see if they will offer it.

• @G_Fresh said: That's a negative. I'll make a ticket to see if they will offer it.

unfortunately they will not..so I guess you got a dell?

• bdtechbdtech Member
    edited February 2013

@G_Fresh It's illegal to store your cards CVV security code.

• jkr1711jkr1711 Member
    edited February 2013

@bdtech Merchant's can request the CVV code from card holders as another way to screen fraudulent transactions. The idea is that someone using a stolen credit card is less likely to have this code so they will be unable to complete the transaction. With most payment systems, you can adjust settings to automatically reject transactions where the CVV code does not match the card number. I doubt they store the actual CVV code or they'd already be in a lot of trouble. Probably just use it for reference with their processor to eliminate fraud.

• @jkr1711 Yes, but they asked him to reverify it on the phone implying they had it stored for comparison

• You know what I find annoying is having to register the IP with the MAC address on the network so every time I create a new VM I have to put in a ticket before the internet works!

• jarjar Patron Provider, Top Host, Veteran

@earl said: You know what I find annoying is having to register the IP with the MAC address on the network so every time I create a new VM I have to put in a ticket before the internet works!

Did you tell them to stop buying their network equipment at Walmart? ;)

• WebProjectWebProject Host Rep, Veteran

did anyone noticed that extras are very expensive, example:

RAID 1 $0.00 $50.00
    RAID 5 $0.00 $50.00

$50.00 for software raid is very expensive

IPv6/120 $0.00 $1.00

normally /64 or /56 are free with dedicated servers

• @WebProject That's hardware RAID

• @jarland said: Did you tell them to stop buying their network equipment at Walmart? ;)

I would, but then they probably go to Target..

• erhwegesrgsrerhwegesrgsr Member
    edited February 2013

@earl said: You know what I find annoying is having to register the IP with the MAC address on the network so every time I create a new VM I have to put in a ticket before the internet works!

You can recycle MACs/create pool
    OR route through node/NAT (see OVH guide)

• @BronzeByte said: You can recycle MACs/create pool

OR route through node/NAT (see OVH guide)

I guess.. but just so much easier with WII, I can do what I want without bothering support.

• shovenoseshovenose Member, Host Rep

Paid for my server from Wholesale Internet a while ago, was hoping I'd recieve it by now. Oh well. Still sure it's gonna be great after it's set up.

• @shovenose said: Paid for my server from Wholesale Internet a while ago

They are normally pretty quick, if you ordered over the weekend then probably Monday should be set up

• Ahh, thats gonna be annoying -- I didn't know I would have to register a MAC address on their network for each VM I spin up, so it to be able to hit their nets(mac filtered I guess). Although it's not really a deal breaker for me yet, this fact causes an extra bit of overhead for myself and my clients -- what happens when it's 3am and I need to spin up a new VM for a client who has had a failure in another system? Wait for Perfect to add the MAC address of the new VM to their network? Could happen in 5mins, or I guess it could take till normal business hours, depending on support.

Although I do like the machine and it feels responsive, I am thinking that this may not work so well - I suppose I could always pin mac addresses to customer VM's, or like someone else mentioned, create a pool. Or I could always just use a server from WII or similar providers.

• earlearl Member
    edited February 2013

@dano said: Wait for Perfect to add the MAC address of the new VM to their network? Could happen in 5mins, or I guess it could take till normal business hours, depending on support.

Normally support replies within 5 min or less.. but last night seems no one was at tech support took 5 hours for my request to reboot the IPMI and add a MAC address to be completed.. but that was around 6 AM, EST.

--just to add if you created a VM in Vmware and assigned the MAC to the VM with the "automatic MAC Address" option you cannot reuse that MAC address when you try to recreate a new VM it will say error system reserved MAC address. so it's best to use the "manual MAC Address" feature in vmware when you try to create a IP to MAC pool..

• gg they're now ignoring my emails just because I told them I didn't have a scanner to sign their bs doc