Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

12GB RAM Dedicated Server in LA for $39. Just bought one - Page 3
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

12GB RAM Dedicated Server in LA for $39. Just bought one

Comments

• @earl

system.hardware.vendor = 'Supermicro' (string)
    system.hardware.product = 'X8STi' (string)

Yeah it's a Supermicro X8STi

• @jkr1711 said: Yeah it's a Supermicro X8STi

Thanks..

• flyfly Member
    edited February 2013

@jkr1711 people really need to use ```

<

pre>``` tags

• jkr1711jkr1711 Member
    edited February 2013

@fly fixed, thanks. Was using < code> tags

• dearroydearroy Member, Host Rep

@earl said: support is really quick to reply!

The billing department is also fast to response so far.

• @dearroy said: The billing department is also fast to response so far.

Yup!.. not sure what all the bad reviews is about.

• dearroydearroy Member, Host Rep

@earl said: Yup!.. not sure what all the bad reviews is about.

Maybe they are different staffs now?

• They have a very strict spam policy.

V. SPAM POLICY

>

Perfect International, Inc. has a zero tolerance policy against the sending of unsolicited email, more commonly known as spam. The account(s) of any user who sends spam will be terminated without notice, and the account holder will be billed at a rate of $200 per recipient to whom the message was sent, regardless of whether the messages were sent from a Perfect International, Inc. server or from another server advertising a site hosted on Perfect International, Inc. servers.

So be careful if you want to use it for shared/vps hosting business.

• @dearroy said: Maybe they are different staffs now?

Sometimes I wonder if the reviews are fake, but then again it's only been a couple of days for me so we will see.. fingers crossed!

• @biplab said: So be careful if you want to use it for shared/vps hosting business.

Yeah they made me sign an agreement stating that I will not ask for a refund and no spamming, opt-in/opt-out is allowed..

• @biplap I read and hand signed that agreement. I'm playing it safe here, not a chance that I'll be having any email go through it (Mandrill all the way)

• Just to note, they have a pretty awesome server management portal. Can set rDNS, do server reboots, OS reloads (CentOS only) etc

• @jkr1711

these guys do seem a bit restrictive, it sometimes makes me feel paranoid using their services!! I think wholesaleinternet seem like a cooler bunch of guy's they're definitely more relaxed so long as you don't IRC..

• They also have some interesting points in their terms. :)

VI. MONITORING OF SERVICE AND DISCLOSURE OF INFORMATION

>

(a) You agree that Perfect International, Inc. has the right to electronically monitor the Service periodically and to disclose any information, as Perfect International, INC. deems necessary and proper to satisfy the law, or to protect itself or its subscribers. Perfect International, Inc. reserves the right to remove or to refuse to host any information or materials, in whole or in part, that, in its sole discretion, are unacceptable, undesirable or in violation of this Agreement. Furthermore, Perfect International, Inc. reserves the right to monitor any and all communications through or with the System. You agree that Perfect International, Inc. is not considered a "secure communications medium" for the purposes of the ECPA, and that no expectation of privacy is afforded.

• jarjar Patron Provider, Top Host, Veteran

Strict spam rules and agree to release information to law enforcement. Pretty standard US agreement.

• @jarland

I'm sure a lot of the stuff that is written is just to cover their ass, but it's things like no newsletter, opt-in, basically get's me paranoid I get the impression that no mail should come out from your forum software like when someone makes a new post that you have subscribed to you normally receive an email notice like in WHT, I'm not sure if this would be considered breaking their terms of service?

• jkr1711jkr1711 Member
    edited February 2013

I'm not worried by these terms, I haven't got anything to hide. Hell if the FBI fancy checking out some game servers then they can come on down...

And @earl I'm sure that's not classed as spam. You should double check with them but I'm certain what they're trying to cut out is thousands of emails per hour from some Canadian pharmacies

• @jarland,

Strict spam rules and agree to release information are ok. But if someone uses them for business/server gets hacked and inadvertently sends out spam mail then their policy can hit that user hard. I also do not prefer a situation where provider watches & removes a website where an anonymous commenter posts something that violates provider's terms.

In both the cases I would prefer the provider to block outbound access and ask user to clean up the server.

• @jkr1711 said: they're trying to cut out is thousands of emails per hour from some Canadian pharmacies

Probably true..

• earlearl Member
    edited February 2013

@jkr1711 said: CPU model : Intel(R) Xeon(R) CPU E5520 @ 2.27GHz Number of cores : 8

Hmm.. so you got dual CPU e5520? I thought e5520 was a 4 core?

Never mind just saw the specs for the board seems only single socket CPU must be reading the threads as cores then

• jarjar Patron Provider, Top Host, Veteran

As for the wholesale Internet offer...beautiful.

[root@localhost ~]# sh bench.sh
    CPU model : Intel(R) Xeon(R) CPU L5420 @ 2.50GHz
    Number of cores : 8
    CPU frequency : 2003.000 MHz
    Total amount of ram : 7871 MB
    Total amount of swap : 8014 MB
    System uptime : 4:34,
    Download speed from CacheFly: 41.5MB/s
    Download speed from Coloat, Atlanta GA: 22.0MB/s
    Download speed from Softlayer, Dallas, TX: 39.4MB/s
    Download speed from Linode, Tokyo, JP: 6.43MB/s
    Download speed from Linode, London, UK: 5.92MB/s
    Download speed from Leaseweb, Haarlem, NL: 11.9MB/s
    Download speed from Softlayer, Singapore: 3.50MB/s
    Download speed from Softlayer, Seattle, WA: 23.7MB/s
    Download speed from Softlayer, San Jose, CA: 6.58MB/s
    Download speed from Softlayer, Washington, DC: 24.8MB/s
    I/O speed : 94.9 MB/s
    [root@localhost ~]#

• earlearl Member
    edited February 2013

@jarland said: As for the wholesale Internet offer...beautiful.

It seems they did not cap your port to 100Mbit!, mine was initially like that then they capped the port the day after :(

@jarland said: I/O speed : 94.9 MB/s

Mine only averages in the 85MB/s..

• @jarland Looking good! Might pick up one next week. Not going for the PerfectIP one?;-)

• Would love something like this but EU .....

• @earl said: Hmm.. so you got dual CPU e5520? I thought e5520 was a 4 core?

4 cores + HT = 8 threads.

• @lbft said: 4 cores + HT = 8 threads.

Yup, I realized that after I saw the specs for the motherboard.. thanks.

• i only get 5mB/s on my WSI server :((((

• yomeroyomero Member
    edited February 2013

Mine is still Gbit
    Anyway I don't care :P

• If only this was UK.... :(

• @Amarielle said: If only this was UK.... :(

At UK I've read some cool OpenITC offers.
    Also I remember @Jacob offering something too.