Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

HostBD24 downtime - Page 5
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

HostBD24 downtime

Comments

• BlazingServersBlazingServers Member, Host Rep

@theroyalstudent said:

@BlazingServers said:
    Any updates from HOSTBD24 Admin?

You're deadpooling earlier than the amount of the time it took for HOSTBD24 to.

Time will tell...

• que sera sera, whatever will be, will be 
    the future's not ours to see
    que sera sera

• now their website is also down, their panel, their VPSs all down now!!!

• exams might be going rough !

• raindog308raindog308 Administrator, Veteran

Hmmm, what's the time limit on a paypal chargeback? If it's 90 days, I missed the window, as I signed up for $5 with them on Jan 4. My VPS was still running a few days ago...

• @raindog308 said:
    Hmmm, what's the time limit on a paypal chargeback? If it's 90 days, I missed the window, as I signed up for $5 with them on Jan 4. My VPS was still running a few days ago...

180 Days, afaik !

• RIYADRIYAD Member, Patron Provider

LA Location VPS are also down now ?

• @Junkless said:
    exams might be going rough !

or forgot to pay the bills ?

• His WHMCS is not valid now: clients.hostbd24.com (http://whmcs.com/members/verifydomain.php)

• Looks like virtwire took over the IP space they were using in the UK.

• joerijoeri Member, Host Rep, LIR

@Licensecart said:
    His WHMCS is not valid now: clients.hostbd24.com (http://whmcs.com/members/verifydomain.php)

I get This domain is authorized to be using WHMCS.

• dailydaily Member

@joeri said:

@Licensecart said:

Something must be wrong on your end; they aren't valid on my side.

• @joeri said:

@Licensecart said:
    His WHMCS is not valid now: clients.hostbd24.com (http://whmcs.com/members/verifydomain.php)

I get This domain is authorized to be using WHMCS.
    @dailymc said:

@joeri said:

@Licensecart said:

Something must be wrong on your end; they aren't valid on my side.

Ah I see they use: hostbd24.com, I checked this: http://who.is/website-information/hostbd24.com and at the bottom the clients... has 59% of the traffic, so I take it he used domain.com/clients/

• LA is down also 162.254.7.0/24

4.|-- xe-5-2-4.mia10.ip4.gtt.ne 0.0% 10 1.0 1.5 0.6 4.6 1.1
    5.|-- 63-218-113-37.static.pccw 0.0% 10 1.3 1.3 1.1 1.4 0.1
    6.|-- TenGE0-0-1-0.br03.lax05.p 0.0% 10 69.4 70.9 68.8 75.6 2.2
    7.|-- ??? 100.0 10 0.0 0.0 0.0 0.0 0.0

• doughmanes said: LA is down also 162.254.7.0/24

I think that's hosted on one of @ItsChrisG's many brands, I wonder what happened.

Thanked by 1Clouvider
  • Does anyone actually feel bad for anyone who signed up for these guys? There were over a dozen warning signs that should have scared everyone off.

Thanked by 1Junkless

I've never done a paypal chargeback before...HOSTBD24 will be my first as my VPS is no longer responding.

Any tips?

It's only $5 so obviously doing it out of principle...

Thanked by 2doughmanes mudeth
  • @raindog308 said:
    I've never done a paypal chargeback before...HOSTBD24 will be my first as my VPS is no longer responding.

Any tips?

On PayPal just open a dispute claiming you haven't got what you paid for, and phone PayPal don't mention it's a digital product though else you will loose.

• sinsin Member
    edited April 2016

raindog308 said: I've never done a paypal chargeback before...HOSTBD24 will be my first as my VPS is no longer responding.

You shouldn't have any trouble, just make sure to have some evidence ready incase you need it (just some screenshots or whatever). If for whatever reason you have any trouble then call Paypal and explain the situation (Every time I have dealt with their phone support they have been very helpful).

• sinsin Member

Licensecart said: don't mention it's a digital product though else you will loose.

Paypal covers digital items now and has for almost a year I think.

Examples of digital items covered:
    https://www.paypal.com/us/webapps/mpp/brc/buyer-protection

• @Licensecart said:

@raindog308 said:

Any tips?

On PayPal just open a dispute claiming you haven't got what you paid for, and phone PayPal don't mention it's a digital product though else you will loose.

Nope, be as honest as possible and you're more likely to win.

• toshosttoshost Member, Host Rep

Is it all issue fixed yet or still now all of hostbd24 client face same problem ?

If u are an existing hostbd24.com customer and facing server downtime issue, TOSHOST is offering you a great deal right now! We are offering service at same pricing and also offering a month full FREE. We are really shocked that you have encountered such a bad experience from a Bangladeshi company. We just want to make that up!

For get this offer sent us email with following details
    1. Last month invoice copy
    2. Your Plan details
    email us sales[@]toshost.com

Never did a Paypal dispute before...let's see how this goes.

• raindog308 said: Never did a Paypal dispute before...let's see how this goes.

There is high chance you will win as people will be disputing and they are on red alert already

Thanked by 1Licensecart

toshost said: Is it all issue fixed yet or still now all of hostbd24 client face same problem ?

toshost said: If u are an existing hostbd24.com customer and facing server downtime issue, TOSHOST is offering you a great deal right now! We are offering service at same pricing and also offering a month full FREE

Wait a minute...HOSTBD24 tanked because they offered ridiculous prices. Now you want to offer the same only cheaper?

Let's see, I have a 256/256 for $5/year and that's for 12 months, so I assume you'd sell it to me for (11/12 * $5 =) $4.58. After paypal, that's virtually free.

Is that really what you want to do?

• FalzoFalzo Member

@raindog308 said:

probably just a misunderstanding. you paid $5 for what? a service usable one month or maybe two month? so probably that's what you'll get from @toshost plus one month free (onetime, if he is not going on vacation before)

Thanked by 1zafouhar

raindog308 said: Wait a minute...HOSTBD24 tanked because they offered ridiculous prices. Now you want to offer the same only cheaper?

Let's see, I have a 256/256 for $5/year and that's for 12 months, so I assume you'd sell it to me for (11/12 * $5 =) $4.58. After paypal, that's virtually free.

Is that really what you want to do?

Is it real ! 5/year ! Let me check their offer thread ..

• I will not believe @toshost , because some images on their website even unavailable, like http://www.toshost.com/vps-hostings. Who buys, who pays the tutoring fees.