Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

HostBD24 downtime - Page 2
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

HostBD24 downtime

Comments

• @Riz said:
    Not surprised after the fiasco not too long ago where they couldn't even send out $50.

Their owner tried to ask me to do support for them, only wanted to offer $50/mth initially, so I'm not surprised that this would happen. Cutting costs to the extreme. Bleh.

Then asked for a $20/day [expected him to be unable to fulfill that] (still very little, a part time job for 3 hours is more than this), for 5-6 hours in front of the computer daily. He seems to be unable to provide that, lol.

$10/day seems to be okay with him, but that's averages out to be ≤ $2/h. Joker.

I'm gonna assume that he's running away right now, not responding to my message, and the prefix description reads "Prefix Revoked and client suspended due to non payment".

Also, I find one domain pointing to an address in the /24 funny enough.

http://bgp.he.net/net/185.121.178.0/24#_dns

• baldoniusbaldonius Member
    edited April 2016

@ISRV said:
    you may post +1000 for hostus, but they're still $40/year
    i need 4 times less.
    already found one $7/year in FR and ~$6/year in Netherlands
    but UK would be best.

and i'm still don't unterstand the silence that hostbd24 keeps :-\
    is this so hard to put somewhere on their site (which works fine all this time) something like "we have troubles and we're working on it, keep calm" or at least "we're out of money to pay the servers, sorry".
    people don't know what to do, move or wait a bit more...

Yep I could forgive the downtime if we had some kind of explanation or feedback.

When one of VMBox's NL servers went down (due to no fault of their own) they were emailing every hour, keeping us all informed - I was still panicking a bit but felt a lot more secure than I do now with HostBD24.

• NyrNyr Community Contributor, Veteran
    edited April 2016

ISRV said: there's tons of alternatives with "regular" price. the keyword is cheapest! hostbd24 was $10/year and hostus you offered is $40/year. feel the difference?

HostUS has a $12/year deal. If that extra $2 is much for you since it is not "the cheapest", I guess you can continue buying shit and losing your time with migrations.

Clouvider said: You can't really discuss the Client's account in public, can you?

This is news for many LET providers.

ISRV said: and i'm still don't unterstand the silence that hostbd24 keeps :-\ is this so hard to put somewhere on their site (which works fine all this time) something like "we have troubles and we're working on it, keep calm" or at least "we're out of money to pay the servers, sorry". people don't know what to do, move or wait a bit more...

Reasonable people know what to do, their f*cking IP space was revoked, they didn't even have money to pay affiliates. If you are still hoping for a return, you are just delusional.

Thanked by 1Junkless
  • @ISRV said:
    you may post +1000 for hostus, but they're still $40/year
    i need 4 times less.
    already found one $7/year in FR and ~$6/year in Netherlands
    but UK would be best.

I recommend DeepNet Solutions (a.k.a Gestion DBI), as they have a London location, and it's on the same network as HOSTBD24 (iirc), network performance should thus be the same.

Cheapest plan is DNS-OVZ-128, comes with 128MB + 64MB of RAM, 10GB HDD and 250GB of bandwidth @ 1Gbps, for $13/yr.

$3/yr difference shouldn't be big for you, it's 25¢/mth more expensive. Have 2 DNS-OVZ boxes and 4 NAT VPSes with them, liking them. Also, they have a status page that you can subscribe to.

Thanked by 1gestiondbi
  • ISRVISRV Member

ok, thanks.
    i haven't found that $12/year plan at hostus site.

and must say HOSTBD24 wasn't actually a "shit".
    there was e3-1270v5 3.6ghz core.
    not shitty 10+ year old 2-2.4ghz cores like many others provide.

@ISRV said:
    and must say HOSTBD24 wasn't actually a "shit".
    there was e3-1270v5 3.6ghz core.
    not shitty 10+ year old 2-2.4ghz cores like many others provide.

The hardware was new, but the company? New hardware is useless when you can't make the money to keep renting it and end up scamming your customers and affiliates.

• Yeah the hardware and performance are great on HostBD24's servers. When they're actually online that is!!!

• FalzoFalzo Member

@ISRV and they were by far not the cheapest if you've spend $10 for now only one month usable - which is what it comes to in the end.

• BlazingServersBlazingServers Member, Host Rep

Any updates?

• Given that you paid 10 for a year worth of service, out of which you were able to use 1 month's worth, you actually paid 120. Cheaper to go with HostUS at just 40/year.

Thanked by 1Junkless
  • maybe it is exam period in Bangladesh

• haha, i have started a dispute on paypal...

• It would have to be weeks of non payment or major abuse issues to get prefixes revoked with Mr Zappie, he's normally flexible about that stuff.

• linuxthefishlinuxthefish Member
    edited April 2016

I can see 37 hosts online in 185.121.178.0/24 from my server at Clouvider, so if you have a VPS in his UK location and need to get your data back send me a PM - I can create you a free VPS for a week or so.

[root@urmum ~]# ssh [email protected]
    The authenticity of host '185.121.178.137 (185.121.178.137)' can't be established.
    RSA key fingerprint is fc:07:f0:44:66:07:f1:48:b9:58:75:3c:a7:38:a7:49.
    Are you sure you want to continue connecting (yes/no)? ^C

The IP's online looks like how SolusVM chooses IP's so I'm guessing they are client VPS's (.10, .11, .12, .100, 101 etc).

• RIYADRIYAD Member, Patron Provider

emre22 said: maybe it is exam period in Bangladesh

Actually you are right , are the moment HSC Exam ( intermediate exam/12Grade exam) is going on in Bangladesh . It started at the beginning of this month.

Thanked by 1emre22
  • @RIYAD said:

emre22 said: maybe it is exam period in Bangladesh

Actually you are right , are the moment HSC Exam ( intermediate exam/12Grade exam) is going on in Bangladesh . It started at the beginning of this month.

okay, problem solved.

• FalzoFalzo Member

Someone shortly will buy the assets and make things worse if possible. And those bd-boys will be back after some month with an all-new much more serious really cant afford to miss business...

tl;dr; summer is early in bangladesh.

PS: we should do a betting round with high ratios about who is next ;-)

• RIYADRIYAD Member, Patron Provider

its true summer already started in Bangladesh :( @Falzo

• Yep after seeing how young they are, I figured that it could be exams or something.

Still absolutely no excuse for this behaviour. I probably should have realised this would happen when I bought the two VPSs.

• well, let's hope their LA services stay up

• @century1stop said:
    well, let's hope their LA services stay up

More importantly let's hope you have daily backups!

• After seeing those pictures, what were you guys thinking buying their services?

Thanked by 2sin emre22
  • century1stopcentury1stop Member
    edited April 2016

no worries for me, nothing with 'em but it is good for those that do :)

and you guys should take his advice really seriously.

>

@Junkless said:
    After seeing those pictures, what were you guys thinking buying their services?

That they were cheap. Some people don't think any further than that.

• DamianDamian Member
    edited April 2016

Maybe their KVM server finally shit the bed and their entire infrastructure was hosted on said KVM server?

dd if=/dev/zero of=test bs=64k count=16k conv=fdatasync

16384+0 records in
    16384+0 records out
    1073741824 bytes (1.1 GB) copied, 122.624 s, 8.8 MB/s

dd if=/dev/zero of=test bs=64k count=16k conv=fdatasync

16384+0 records in
    16384+0 records out
    1073741824 bytes (1.1 GB) copied, 132.244 s, 8.1 MB/s

Still can't believe there's hosts like this in 2016.

• ISRVISRV Member
    edited April 2016

i wanna say THANKS to Clouvider that still keeps the server with my vps online within their network and THANKS to linuxthefish for making a free temporal vps (in the same network) for me.
    i've been able to login into my vps at hostbd24 and backup all the data to linuxthefish's vps and then to my other host.

that was a great experience :)

now will try to get my $5 back from hostbd24.

as for a replacement, i'm deciding currently between this two:

https://my.hostus.us/cart.php?a=add&pid=201

https://www.arubacloud.com/

• Huge thanks to @linuxthefish for his help in recovering my server, and @Clouvider for keeping the server online.

I owe you both a meal and a beer!

I am moving files across as we speak.

@ISRV said:
    as for a replacement, i'm deciding currently between this two:

https://my.hostus.us/cart.php?a=add&pid=201

https://www.arubacloud.com/

HostUS should have better support and maybe better performance. I think they also have DDoS protection in London?

Aruba is full virtualization but you shouldn't expect anything from the support. Network should also be worse.

Thanked by 2AlexanderM sayem314
  • dailydaily Member

As always +1 for HostUS.

Thanked by 1AlexanderM
  • century1stopcentury1stop Member
    edited April 2016

that being said, why don't you guys just get services from @linuxthefish and @Clouvider ?

@ISRV said:

>

@baldonius said:

>

Thanked by 2Amitz sayem314