Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

HostBD24 downtime - Page 4
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

HostBD24 downtime

Comments

• baldoniusbaldonius Member
    edited April 2016

@zafouhar said:

@Clouvider said:

baldonius said: particularly a big-brand company with a reputation for reliability, e.g. DigitalOcean, AWS.

Yeah, as they never experience downtime. I propose using Microsoft Azure for that: http://www.crn.com/news/cloud/300076751/azure-nightmare-customer-suffers-9-day-intermittent-outage-gets-no-help-from-microsoft.htm and other - Google.

There is no provider that will not experience downtime, even if you pay $1/month or $10,000/m - backups are essential.

All providers have downtime, my point is that downtime is much less likely on the big-brand companies. You pay a bit extra for them, but you're more likely to get actual feedback, and you have a lot more peace of mind.

That's great for a small basic VPS that you're just going to stick backups on.

• zafouharzafouhar Veteran
    edited April 2016

@baldonius said:

@zafouhar said:

@Clouvider said:

baldonius said: particularly a big-brand company with a reputation for reliability, e.g. DigitalOcean, AWS.

Yeah, as they never experience downtime. I propose using Microsoft Azure for that: http://www.crn.com/news/cloud/300076751/azure-nightmare-customer-suffers-9-day-intermittent-outage-gets-no-help-from-microsoft.htm and other - Google.

There is no provider that will not experience downtime, even if you pay $1/month or $10,000/m - backups are essential.

All providers have downtime, my point is that downtime is much less likely on the big-brand companies. You pay a bit extra for them, but you're more likely to get actual feedback, and you have a lot more peace of mind.

You never know, i've had servers with LowEnd based providers that have less downtime that a huge number of supposedly premium providers. Hardware is hardware, it doesn't care what price its been sold, it will fail at some stage.

• @zafouhar said:

Well obviously there are going to be exceptions here and there, I've had some excellent servers on LEB advertisers, and I'm sure Microsoft Azure have been crap at points. My point is that on average you're gonna get way less downtime and better support.

Thanked by 1zafouhar
  • ClouviderClouvider Member, Patron Provider

baldonius said: My point is that on average you're gonna get way less downtime and better support.

Honestly, read the article I've referenced.

You're looking for a good host. Not a big-brand. Big != good. Big can be good, same as Small brand can be good. Size doesn't matter.

Thanked by 1Boogeyman
  • NyrNyr Community Contributor, Veteran

@Clouvider said:
    Size doesn't matter.

It does. For example, Clouvider can't mitigate the amount of DDoS which Google can, nor can continue running if you and maybe someone else gets incapacitated.

Just two examples of many.

Thanked by 1Boogeyman
  • @Nyr said:

@Clouvider said:
    Size doesn't matter.

It does. For example, Clouvider can't mitigate the amount of DDoS which Google can, nor can continue running if you and maybe someone else gets incapacitated.

Right at the spot.
    But dedication to something can different thing too.

Thanked by 1Clouvider
    edited April 2016

Nyr said: It does. For example, Clouvider can't mitigate the amount of DDoS which Google can, nor can continue running if you and maybe someone else gets incapacitated.

It's possible to mitigate both issues ;-). Being big or not is not an indication of quality whatsoever.

You just need to be 'large enough' to be in position to deliver an excellent service that your Customers need.

Thanked by 1kkrajk

Clouvider said: Being big or not is not an indication of quality whatsoever.

I was talking about your "size doesn't matter" quote, not arguing big = quality. Very different.

Thanked by 1Clouvider
    edited April 2016

Nyr said: I was talking about your "size doesn't matter" quote, not arguing big = quality. Very different.

Ok, I meant to put it in the context and might have not used wording precise enough :-). That was the opinion I was trying to pass :). Apologies if this made any confusion and have a great weekend!

• raindog308raindog308 Administrator, Veteran

ISRV said: you may post +1000 for hostus, but they're still $40/year i need 4 times less. already found one $7/year in FR and ~$6/year in Netherlands but UK would be best.

And how's the working out for you?

Thanked by 1Junkless

Scrolling through this I'm not sure @HOSTBD24 was ever tagged - OP's link was actually to their website. Well, now they are. I'm sure they'll be along swiftly to address all the SLA payout and affiliate payout issues, with appropriate apologies and interest added...

• we are still not in contact with the owner, i can not say how long the servers will work. i advice everyone to back there data up for those whose servers are working

• MikePTMikePT Moderator, Patron Provider, Veteran

Ahah, so, deadpool.

• WHTWHT Member

@rj_HOSTBD24 said:
    we are still not in contact with the owner, i can not say how long the servers will work. i advice everyone to back there data up for those whose servers are working

Why dont you renew? Do clients will get their money back?

WHT said: Why dont you renew? Do clients will get their money back?

He's not the owner, just someone which was doing support.

• maybe he's owner but not stating so?

• @WHT said:

@rj_HOSTBD24 said:
    we are still not in contact with the owner, i can not say how long the servers will work. i advice everyone to back there data up for those whose servers are working

They can keep the money. If this is how they run a business then they might need it.

• quadhostquadhost Member
    edited April 2016

@mudeth said: i-83 customer here - what was the reason you linked to LG on ldn-uk? Sorry if this is a noob question.

@Clouvider said:I suppose to show that you can still access the servers from inside the network, but not from the outside.

Correct, a few clients appear to be using our services to recover data similar to how linuxthefish mentioned to.

Thanked by 2Clouvider mudeth
  • @century1stop said:
    maybe he's owner but not stating so?

From my interactions with the owner previously, he uses @HOSTBD24.

century1stop said: maybe he's owner but not stating so?

Maybe he's just trying to help and be honest?

Thanked by 2Four20 lazyt

It seemed like only yesterday...

https://www.lowendtalk.com/discussion/comment/1468347/#Comment_1468347

I just checked and...my VPS is still alive.

Linux letrocks 2.6.32-042stab113.17 #1 SMP Wed Feb 10 18:31:00 MSK 2016 x86_64 GNU/Linux

top - 20:13:13 up 30 days, 16:34,  1 user,  load average: 0.00, 0.00, 0.00
    Tasks:  15 total,   1 running,  14 sleeping,   0 stopped,   0 zombie
    %Cpu(s):  0.7 us,  0.3 sy,  0.0 ni, 99.0 id,  0.0 wa,  0.0 hi,  0.0 si,  0.0 st
    KiB Mem:    262144 total,    71508 used,   190636 free,        0 buffers
    KiB Swap:        0 total,        0 used,        0 free.    65672 cached Mem

root@letrocks:~# last
    root     pts/0        XXXXXXXX  Sat Apr 23 20:12   still logged in   
    reboot   system boot  2.6.32-042stab11 Thu Mar 24 03:38 - 20:13 (30+16:35)  
    reboot   system boot  2.6.32-042stab11 Mon Jan  4 19:04 - 20:13 (110+00:09) 
    reboot   system boot  2.6.32-042stab11 Mon Jan  4 19:04 - 19:04  (00:00)    

root@letrocks:~# cat /proc/cpuinfo 
    processor   : 0
    vendor_id   : GenuineIntel
    cpu family  : 6
    model       : 42
    model name  : Intel(R) Xeon(R) CPU E31280 @ 3.50GHz
    stepping    : 7
    microcode   : 41
    cpu MHz     : 3501.000
    cache size  : 8192 KB
    physical id : 0
    siblings    : 8
    core id     : 0
    cpu cores   : 4
    apicid      : 0
    initial apicid  : 0
    fpu     : yes
    fpu_exception   : yes
    cpuid level : 13
    wp      : yes
    flags       : fpu vme de pse tsc msr pae mce cx8 apic sep mtrr pge mca cmov pat pse36 clflush dts acpi mmx fxsr sse sse2 ss ht tm pbe syscall nx rdtscp lm constant_tsc arch_perfmon pebs bts rep_good xtopology nonstop_tsc aperfmperf pni pclmulqdq dtes64 monitor ds_cpl vmx smx est tm2 ssse3 cx16 xtpr pdcm pcid sse4_1 sse4_2 x2apic popcnt tsc_deadline_timer aes xsave avx lahf_lm ida arat epb pln pts dtherm tpr_shadow vnmi flexpriority ept vpid xsaveopt
    bogomips    : 7000.59
    clflush size    : 64
    cache_alignment : 64
    address sizes   : 36 bits physical, 48 bits virtual
    power management:

• rj_HOSTBD24rj_HOSTBD24 Member
    edited April 2016

@WHT said:

not in my authority. owner handles this stuff not me..,

century1stop said: maybe he's owner but not stating so?

if i'd be i'd have the servers renewed on time and planed ahead of time for such situations. i'd love to setup my service but my plans require some time as i'm not having sufficient resources...

• WHTWHT Member

Who is the owner? You are 4 kids. How manage a 16 years old kid to pay you? I really love those "Stive" stories lol

• @WHT said:
    Who is the owner? You are 4 kids. How manage a 16 years old kid to pay you? I really love those "Stive" stories lol

you better update your knowledge about it, i'm neither a Bangladesh resident nor a kid. neither do i want to stay explaining myself for your or anyone else's enjoyment. have fun...

• @rj_HOSTBD24 you don't have to explain yourself to the community your lack of not being able to get in contact with the owner clearly shows potential clients on LET how unorganized and broken HOSTBD24's communications are. A situation like this is due to inexperience and possibly starting the company without a proper backup plan in place in case something like this happens, its always good to have an established team that can keep the business running if the something happens to the CEO.

Thanked by 1Four20
  • PieHasBeenEatenPieHasBeenEaten Member, Host Rep

@wht Stop trying to start more drama. There is enough already in this thread. Plus if you want to throw someone under the bus throw me then. Because I worked for hostbd24 also

• BlazingServersBlazingServers Member, Host Rep

Any updates from HOSTBD24 Admin?

• @PieNotEvenEaten said:
    @wht Stop trying to start more drama. There is enough already in this thread. Plus if you want to throw someone under the bus throw me then. Because I worked for hostbd24 also

Do you have any contact with Istiak? Because he's not replied to me on Skype when I've been trying to get him to look at the thread, he did go online once and then back to away... Is everything ok with him?

Thanked by 1Clouvider
  • TheLinuxBugTheLinuxBug Member
    edited April 2016

ISRV said: and i'm still don't unterstand the silence that hostbd24 keeps :-\ is this so hard to put somewhere on their site (which works fine all this time) something like "we have troubles and we're working on it, keep calm" or at least "we're out of money to pay the servers, sorry". people don't know what to do, move or wait a bit more...

Wait a second, you are telling me you knowingly chose them knowing they had unsustainable prices and there is no way they could be successful with what they are charging, yet you are surprised to find they have no support and that it is a ghost ship? On top of that, you actually think it is a smart idea to look for another such unsustainable service? Is there a disconnect between your brain and your fingers? I think the problem here is that you you keep picking options that are too good to be true... and if you get mad at anyone, should be your self for thinking these prices you were paying are realistic.

Stop being a cheapskate and invest in something that actually has the chance to be here 6 months from now and you will have a whole lot less disappointment in your life.

my 2 cents.

Cheers!

Thanked by 1lazyt
  • @BlazingServers said:
    Any updates from HOSTBD24 Admin?

You're deadpooling earlier than the amount of the time it took for HOSTBD24 to.

Thanked by 2zafouhar RIYAD