Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Intel G530 (2 Cores) / 4 GB Ram / 500 GB / 1 GBPS / Dedicated Server Special - $10.00 @quadix - Page 4
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Intel G530 (2 Cores) / 4 GB Ram / 500 GB / 1 GBPS / Dedicated Server Special - $10.00 @quadix

Comments

• TrafficTraffic Member
    edited February 2016

@Radi said:
    Still waiting for delivery here.

You got a $10 box as well? Please keep us updated!

• @volumedrive I sent you a PM.

• RadiRadi Host Rep, Veteran

@volumedrive I am PM-ing you email.

• @volumedrive I hope you're putting everyone begging for a quick setup to the back of the queue ;-)

• rdesrdes Member
    edited February 2016

@IThinkUFailed said:
    It's pretty bad when they brag about 60 days of uptime while other providers silently go about their usual business while exceeding 1+ year of uptime...

Show me these amazing providers (other than Kimsufi) with 100% uptime and similar pricetag ;-).

Quadix/VD is quite decent for this price, and as I can see they recently improved their response time (my last ticket opened in the middle of the night was resolved in one hour).

• @rdes said:
    Quadix/VD is quite decent for this price, and as I can see they recently improved their response time (my last ticket opened in the middle of the night was resolved in one hour).

I would of said Delimiter but they had recent issues. Please tell me why I can't show you Kimsufi? it's a similar price tag :P?

Honestly though. Wouldn't touch QuadIX with a barge pole after they wiped a friend of mines server and changed the iDrac information all while he had 15 ish days left on his contract for that month...

I'd still suggest Delimiter over QuadIX. three days of downtime in over a year. QuadIX has way more than that.

Worldstream also have a similar price point and I've heard good things about their uptime but their network isn't the best.

• Do not exaggerate. Total downtime of Quadix in last year was count in hours, not days.

Kimsufi as a brand of OVH with ~1 mln customers it's a completely different scale for me.. And their uptime is great, but when it comes to replace faulty HDD it can take days.

• @Nekki said:
    volumedrive I hope you're putting everyone begging for a quick setup to the back of the queue ;-)

No kidding. He said 24 hours and you still have the beggers.

Thanked by 1Nekki
  • @rdes said:
    Do not exaggerate. Total downtime of Quadix in last year was count in hours, not days.

Kimsufi as a brand of OVH with ~1 mln customers it's a completely different scale for me.. And their uptime is great, but when it comes to replace faulty HDD it can take days.

You've got to be kidding me... QuadIX has had several days of downtime in total.

I know that in the month @hawc had a server had about 15 hours of downtime alone.

Not to mention http://www.webhostingtalk.com/showthread.php?t=1512493 says otherwise.

One user on WHT's images of downtime in November:

December they had a 3 hour outage on the 29th.

They don't just have days of downtime per year, I'd say it's weeks.

That's not me exaggerating at all... While I don't expect much at this price point I still expect some level of competence and a reasonably reliable network.

• entrailzentrailz Member, Host Rep

@IThinkUFailed said:
    That's not me exaggerating at all... While I don't expect much at this price point I still expect some level of competence and a reasonably reliable network.

All I can say is my uptime for the past 6 months according to uptime robot is 99.99%, at a 5 min interval.

Thanked by 1rdes
  • @entrailz said:
    All I can say is my uptime for the past 6 months according to uptime robot is 99.99%, at a 5 min interval.

You must be one of the very lucky few - in which case you're getting a great deal.

• @volumedrive said:
    We've been getting these out pretty quick. 50% were completed yesterday, we'll be finishing the rest today and tomorrow. We also offer a 6 hour or less expedite option if you are in a hurry.

Not really in a rush, would like it within the next few days though. Hearing of 5-7 business day for setup kinda scared me. I'll sit tight and wait for my server provisioning :D

• @IThinkUFailed said:
    You've got to be kidding me... QuadIX has had several days of downtime in total.

They hadn't. Downtime of single server is not equal to downtime of whole facility..

• @Eobble said:
    Not really in a rush, would like it within the next few days though. Hearing of 5-7 business day for setup kinda scared me. I'll sit tight and wait for my server provisioning :D

Scared you? Surely if you need something within a certain timeframe, you ask first?

• @rdes said:
    They hadn't. Downtime of single server is not equal to downtime of whole facility..

You're clearly an idiot. I only quoted instances where multiple people experienced downtime. Carry on hosting with them... you'll be back soon when they inevitably go down... again...

• @IThinkUFailed
    Thanks for the compliment, but I think that bigger idiot is person issuing opinions on the basis of several random forum posts.. If Quadix had such big downtime as you say I'd have cancelled my servers with them long time ago.

Thanked by 2NexHost jvnadr
  • @rdes said:
    IThinkUFailed
    Thanks for the compliment, but I think that bigger idiot is person issuing opinions on the basis of several random forum posts.. If Quadix had such big downtime as you say I'd have cancelled my servers with them long time ago.

You're clearly an idiot. Several forum posts confirming each outage along with them admitting an outage means I'm basing an opinion without facts? Okay.

Thanked by 1jar
  • jarjar Patron Provider, Top Host, Veteran
    edited February 2016

rdes said: If Quadix had such big downtime as you say I'd have cancelled my servers with them long time ago

Heck I bought one because you know, $10. I'll take that at 70% uptime.

But I'm telling you right now that the moment you start the thread that we all know you're going to start, be it next month or next year, the "I told you so" is going to be so heavy.

We're talking about blissful ignorance of YEARS of solid data of VolumeDrive outages dating back to before they ever knew what LET was. Some of us have been around and seen it all, and the theme hasn't changed over the years. They've always been friendly people, but uptime has never been something they could brag about.

Of course, they're welcome to prove me wrong with months and months of solid uptime any time they want, and I'll be glad to change my tune. I won't hold my breath, I've been watching this show for too long now. I have no hatred for them, no negative feelings, just context built up over quite some time.

• rdesrdes Member
    edited February 2016

@IThinkUFailed Several posts above @entrailz mentioned that he have 99.9% uptime. If you want to rely only on posts, that bashing Quadix is of course your choice..

@jarland: Show me this solid data about outages (other than this moving from bursnet fiasco which of course caused veeery long downtime). I have pingdom reports, that show 99.5-99.7 uptime of VD/Quadix servers last year, which is quite solid for this price tag.
    BTW. Is calling other people idiots, because of their different opinion is normal practice here? ;)

edited February 2016

rdes said: Show me this solid data about outages

I'm not interested in searching WHT for you, but it won't stop me from referencing it. In my head is compiled years of data, unfortunately it's not all bookmarked nice and solid to convince someone in an internet argument. Either trust me or don't, but I'm not wrong on what I've seen :)

Thanked by 1vimalware
  • entrailzentrailz Member, Host Rep

I agree with you Jarland, they have a really bad reputation in the past, and who knows, it might happen once again, but for the price, I'm more than happy!

Thanked by 1rdes
  • @rdes said:
    BTW. Is calling other people idiots, because of their different opinion is normal practice here? ;)

Yes. But make sure @jarland is on your side or you won't be able to reply to the insults.

edited February 2016

Traffic said: Yes. But make sure @jarland is on your side or you won't be able to reply to the insults.

Calling someone an idiot and using derogatory language for people who are truly mentally challenged will be treated as two different things.

Now you can take your problems with me to their own thread, the cest pit, or PM.

• @jarland said:
    Now you can take your problems with me to their own thread, the cest pit, or PM.

OK. But I must say I have never used derogatory language for people who are truly mentally challenged. EVER.

Not sure where you take this from.

Off to the cest pit I go.

• IThinkUFailedIThinkUFailed Member
    edited February 2016

@jarland said:

He's referring to me calling him an idiot because I quoted downtimes on dates that lasted X hours but he just doesn't want to believe it yet 6+ people each time said theirs was down... Then they announced there was an issue and an RFO was released afterwards.

But apparently that's not downtime... even when the host admits to having it via official statements.

EDIT: re-read the context and this post was in error but I'll leave it as it makes sense still.

• @Traffic said:
    Yes. But make sure jarland is on your side or you won't be able to reply to the insults.

Oh stop crying already. You shouldn't be here if you're sensitive, we're not a PG forum. Just because you fire back more serious insults than "idiot" and expect people to get banned because you can't handle it doesn't mean that it's tolerated from others and we won't act on it.

• @Ishaq said:
    You shouldn't be here if you're sensitive, we're not a PG forum.

Haha. I can think of a few that this statement needs to be said to.

• LeeLee Veteran
    edited February 2016

Advertises on WHT, bought by everyone on LET. I like that.

• rdesrdes Member
    edited February 2016

@IThinkUFailed
    yeah, you mentioned one or two downtimes that lasted X hours, and just few posts above you said that the yearly downtime of quadix is way more than 3 days. Brilliant logic ;).

• rdes said: @IThinkUFailed yeah, you mentioned one or two downtimes that lasted X hours, and just few post above you said that the downtime of quadix should be counted in days. Brilliant logic ;).

Seriously mate, leave it. Nobody else gives two shits about the argument you two are having, it's a $10 server and no-one gives a fuck whether the downtime was 2 hours or 2 weeks.

Let it go, head outside and go murder yourself a stripper, enjoy yourself.