Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

QuadIX/Volumedrive downtime... again - Page 6
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

QuadIX/Volumedrive downtime... again

Comments

• FranciscoFrancisco Top Host, Host Rep, Veteran

@MarkTurner said:
    Most of the time I am (or at least I believe I am) :) But sometimes you just have to call a spade a spade, no point dressing it.

If you've been here long enough you should know that I'm not afraid to shitpost when needed. Sometimes it's the only way to deal with cancer.

Francisco

Thanked by 3jar MarkTurner Kris
  • Francisco said: If you've been here long enough you should know that I'm not afraid to shitpost when needed. Sometimes it's the only way to deal with cancer.

I know that - I've seen your posting and they are often quite graphic.

@MarkTurner said:
    I know that - I've seen your posting and they are often quite graphic.

Aww you're going to make me blush.

Francisco

• MikePTMikePT Moderator, Patron Provider, Veteran
    edited January 2016

Heh, as I said, I posted my opinion, wasn't by any form an accusation and I'm not into arguing about it. What I asked for, was kinda simple. Troops protect each other and we can see it in this very same thread.

@jarland,

I ended up the trial after switching providers twice, without billing anyone. LET represents a very small niche that won't get you a big profit for sure. Some do it like well, like Fran and others. But most will be acquired or deadpool. Profit doesn't justify the time spent, while lots of the CEO's here would have a nice salary if they were working for someone else. I don't hold anything agains't MarkTurner. I think that he has a very aggressive Marketing approach in LET. Other than that, well, the troops here and gangs protecting each other are quite fun. I do get it why reputable members we had here, simply left. Spoke to a few of those. There's a lot of drama being posted here, bashing and other several subjects which are simply useless.

• @Francisco said:
    Aww you're going to make me blush.

Sounds like you two might start getting pretty graphic soon :O

Get a LowEndRoom you two!

@IThinkUFailed said:
    Get a LowEndRoom you two!

I put on my robe and horse mask...

Francisco

Thanked by 1IThinkUFailed
  • @MrGeneral said:
    I do get it why reputable members we had here, simply left. Spoke to a few of those. There's a lot of drama being posted here, bashing and other several subjects which are simply useless.

People are just stating the obvious, not sure why you think people are ganging up on you. You pulled random crap up like you have a vendetta against @MarkTurner or something. You might consider what he did a bit dickish but lots more would praise him for it... I for one found it quite dickish that you tried to sell a server that was donated to you by ColoCrossing.

Thanked by 2MarkTurner Mark_R
  • jarjar Patron Provider, Top Host, Veteran
    edited January 2016

MrGeneral said: the troops here and gangs protecting each other are quite fun

If you've got a specific complaint feel free to report it, but don't just sit around here trash talking for no reason. I think I treat everyone fairly and if you disagree, talk to me. Of course I like some people more than others, I'm human not a robot and I'll make no effort to suggest otherwise.

If your sole purpose is to talk about how much you dislike LET, please do us all a favor and post it in the cest pit, create a thread for it, or just stop. I'm not being unreasonable here and I'm offering you the opportunity to police yourself.

• Francisco said: I put on my robe and horse mask...

Kinky!

Thanked by 2jar Francisco
  • @jarland said:
    If your sole purpose is to talk about how much you dislike LET, please do us all a favor and post it in the cest pit, create a thread for it, or just stop. I'm not being unreasonable here and I'm offering you the opportunity to police yourself.

The thread exists its called STOP BEING SO CHEAP. Says the one buying from QuadIX

Thanked by 2jar MarkTurner

@IThinkUFailed said:
    People are just stating the obvious, not sure why you think people are ganging up on you. You pulled random crap up like you have a vendetta against MarkTurner or something. You might consider what he did a bit dickish but lots more would praise him for it... I for one found it quite dickish that you tried to sell a server that was donated to you by ColoCrossing.

Hmhm, I Think U Failed too. I asked pretty basic questions. Didn't bash anyone.
    As for the CC server, I paid them twice, two months. That went to ChicagoVPS and the money went to CC, correct? I tried to resell it to recover some costs. The network in Buffalo sucks and I wouldnt accept to bill anyone as a client to have such horrible network speeds.

• MrGeneral said: Troops protect each other and we can see it in this very same thread.

Its not about that, I've taken many beatings on here. Probably more than most when I first arrived.

I am not here to promote a solely Yomura/Delimiter agenda, if you look through my postings, I will recommend the right company for the right job. You'll often see me recommending other hosting companies, colo providers, transit providers.

Its not about winning every deal you can and hope that you can make it work, its about earning trust. You do that by knowing your company's strengths and shortcomings; and determining whether you are a good fit for the customer. There is nothing worse than making a commitment and then screwing it up.

@jarland said:

That's funny, coming from an Admin who had problems before and apologised publicly.. Then you went to Admin. Heh, there's what I meant.

I dislike a few things here but have always been willing to help. Wasn't I? Actually, I have been here for a long time... Even before you.

edited January 2016

@TinyTunnel_Tom said:
    The thread exists its called STOP BEING SO CHEAP. Says the one buying from QuadIX

And here's a guy who tries to lick asses too.

Well, enough about this. Happy New Year folks. :)

• LeeLee Veteran

MrGeneral said: I have been here for a long time... Even before you.

I am sure you were a dick then too.

• @MrGeneral said:
    I dislike a few things here but have always been willing to help. Wasn't I? Actually, I have been here for a long time... Even before you.

So that's why you're so pissy, because you weren't made an admin?

@MrGeneral said:
    As for the CC server, I paid them twice, two months. That went to ChicagoVPS and the money went to CC, correct? I tried to resell it to recover some costs. The network in Buffalo sucks and I wouldnt accept to bill anyone as a client to have such horrible network speeds.

@jbiloh gave you that server free as a good gesture for past issues. Don't bullshit anyone.

• edited January 2016

@MrGeneral said:
    Well, enough about this. Happy New Year folks. :)

Nah the fact is you complain but are not willing to do anything to change it. You are the biggest fucking hypocryte on this forum. You complain about people being cheap then start your own lowend host AND THEN try to transfer that server to save people money. Just grow up.

Thanked by 1IThinkUFailed
  • 48 hour ban :) thnx @jarland

Thanked by 1GCat
  • agoldenbergagoldenberg Member, Host Rep

Didn't mean to start a war here.

Fact of the matter is for what I've paid them, QuadIX hassle been solid for me. They had one window of downtime where they didn't communicate anything to me and another where they did. To me this is an improvement. I don't know about this litigation stuff but like I said. If they disappear it's as simple as a vzmigrate or restoring a vzdump. I'm not going to loose any sleep.

I have a great deal from them and got lucky that's about it.

Just like I have a great deal from HVH because I got lucky there too and @ernie is just a nice guy.

I also have a bunch of great deals from @qps as I've been doing business with them for quite some time now.

I like a lot of the providers here and just don't feel like the people here who ride them are always justified. They're just people who are mad about some negative experience they had.

I always try out new providers or providers people shit on because it means they're still cutting their business teeth and I like to encourage small business growth with my money.

If the services are an issue for production then I use an appropriate provider.

• ReeRee Member

jarland said: It's obviously your choice just... You could be doing this on a RAID10 backed VPS node without monthly outages for half or less. I'm not even self promoting, use Lunanode to spin up at hourly rates for far less.

>

I'm taking the unpopular position of declaring VPS the next dedi replacement for everyone buying cheap single disk dedis to replace their VPS, forgetting why we all bought VPS in the first place. At some point, regardless of the decreasing cost of low end dedis, I predict people going down this path will once again transition to the still less expensive option for the things they're not needing dedicated CPU cores for.

That's exactly what I've done. I started out with a VPS, then I moved to a dedi because sometimes I pegged the CPU at 100% and I didn't want to be terminated for resource abuse, but now I've moved to Luna Node since I can peg the CPU and all I have to worry about is the few pennies per hour it costs me.

So even those needing dedicated CPU cores might want to reconsider a dedi in favour of something like Luna Node's "Flexible" plans. If you're using 100% of 4 cores for 30 days straight, then yeah a dedi is probably the way to go, but in my case unless I use 100% of 4 cores for >10 days per month, I'm coming out ahead with Luna Node (and I'm getting WAY more features and WAY better performance too).

Since this has sort of turned into an ad for Luna Node, I'll also mention support is awesome. For example I emailed them asking how to do something via their API, they said it wasn't supported but could be added and they'd let me know when it was available...from past experience with other providers I expected this to mean I'd never see the feature supported in my lifetime, but later that day I was informed it was implemented!

Now back to QuadIX vs Delimiter :)

Thanked by 1jar
  • MrGeneral always becomes entertaining with his rant about his addiction to change his avatar to a red one.

• @agoldenberg said:

You going to post the smartctl details on the new drives?

@mikeyur yeah just haven't been at my pc most of the day one sec

edited January 2016

SSD

root@e3:~# smartctl -a /dev/sda
    smartctl 5.41 2011-06-09 r3365 [x86_64-linux-2.6.32-37-pve] (local build)
    Copyright (C) 2002-11 by Bruce Allen, http://smartmontools.sourceforge.net

=== START OF INFORMATION SECTION ===
    Device Model:     KINGSTON SV300S37A240G
    Serial Number:    50026B724B044842
    LU WWN Device Id: 5 0026b7 24b044842
    Firmware Version: 580ABBF0
    User Capacity:    240,057,409,536 bytes [240 GB]
    Sector Size:      512 bytes logical/physical
    Device is:        Not in smartctl database [for details use: -P showall]
    ATA Version is:   8
    ATA Standard is:  ACS-2 revision 3
    Local Time is:    Fri Jan  1 20:07:40 2016 EST
    SMART support is: Available - device has SMART capability.
    SMART support is: Enabled

=== START OF READ SMART DATA SECTION ===
    SMART overall-health self-assessment test result: PASSED

General SMART Values:
    Offline data collection status:  (0x02) Offline data collection activity
                                            was completed without error.
                                            Auto Offline Data Collection: Disabled.
    Self-test execution status:      (   0) The previous self-test routine completed
                                            without error or no self-test has ever
                                            been run.
    Total time to complete Offline
    data collection:                (    0) seconds.
    Offline data collection
    capabilities:                    (0x7d) SMART execute Offline immediate.
                                            No Auto Offline data collection support.
                                            Abort Offline collection upon new
                                            command.
                                            Offline surface scan supported.
                                            Self-test supported.
                                            Conveyance Self-test supported.
                                            Selective Self-test supported.
    SMART capabilities:            (0x0003) Saves SMART data before entering
                                            power-saving mode.
                                            Supports SMART auto save timer.
    Error logging capability:        (0x01) Error logging supported.
                                            General Purpose Logging supported.
    Short self-test routine
    recommended polling time:        (   1) minutes.
    Extended self-test routine
    recommended polling time:        (  48) minutes.
    Conveyance self-test routine
    recommended polling time:        (   2) minutes.
    SCT capabilities:              (0x0025) SCT Status supported.
                                            SCT Data Table supported.

SMART Attributes Data Structure revision number: 10
    Vendor Specific SMART Attributes with Thresholds:
    ID# ATTRIBUTE_NAME          FLAG     VALUE WORST THRESH TYPE      UPDATED  WHEN_FAILED RAW_VALUE
      1 Raw_Read_Error_Rate     0x0032   120   120   050    Old_age   Always       -       0
      5 Reallocated_Sector_Ct   0x0033   100   100   003    Pre-fail  Always       -       0
      9 Power_On_Hours          0x0032   097   097   000    Old_age   Always       -       79113297595377
     12 Power_Cycle_Count       0x0032   100   100   000    Old_age   Always       -       2
    171 Unknown_Attribute       0x000a   100   100   000    Old_age   Always       -       0
    172 Unknown_Attribute       0x0032   100   100   000    Old_age   Always       -       0
    174 Unknown_Attribute       0x0030   000   000   000    Old_age   Offline      -       0
    177 Wear_Leveling_Count     0x0000   000   000   000    Old_age   Offline      -       0
    181 Program_Fail_Cnt_Total  0x000a   100   100   000    Old_age   Always       -       0
    182 Erase_Fail_Count_Total  0x0032   100   100   000    Old_age   Always       -       0
    187 Reported_Uncorrect      0x0012   100   100   000    Old_age   Always       -       0
    189 High_Fly_Writes         0x0000   023   062   000    Old_age   Offline      -       60133605399
    194 Temperature_Celsius     0x0022   023   062   000    Old_age   Always       -       23 (Min/Max 14/62)
    195 Hardware_ECC_Recovered  0x001c   120   120   000    Old_age   Offline      -       0
    196 Reallocated_Event_Count 0x0033   100   100   003    Pre-fail  Always       -       0
    201 Soft_Read_Error_Rate    0x001c   120   120   000    Old_age   Offline      -       0
    204 Soft_ECC_Correction     0x001c   120   120   000    Old_age   Offline      -       0
    230 Head_Amplitude          0x0013   100   100   000    Pre-fail  Always       -       100
    231 Temperature_Celsius     0x0013   099   099   010    Pre-fail  Always       -       4294967297
    233 Media_Wearout_Indicator 0x0032   000   000   000    Old_age   Always       -       4294962421
    234 Unknown_Attribute       0x0032   000   000   000    Old_age   Always       -       25
    241 Total_LBAs_Written      0x0032   000   000   000    Old_age   Always       -       25
    242 Total_LBAs_Read         0x0032   000   000   000    Old_age   Always       -       0

SMART Error Log not supported
    SMART Self-test log structure revision number 1
    Num  Test_Description    Status                  Remaining  LifeTime(hours)  LBA_of_first_error
    # 1  Short offline       Completed without error       00%        18         -

SMART Selective self-test log data structure revision number 1
     SPAN  MIN_LBA  MAX_LBA  CURRENT_TEST_STATUS
        1        0        0  Not_testing
        2        0        0  Not_testing
        3        0        0  Not_testing
        4        0        0  Not_testing
        5        0        0  Not_testing
    Selective self-test flags (0x0):
      After scanning selected spans, do NOT read-scan remainder of disk.
    If Selective self-test is pending on power-up, resume after 0 minute delay.

HDD

root@e3:~# smartctl -a /dev/sdb
    smartctl 5.41 2011-06-09 r3365 [x86_64-linux-2.6.32-37-pve] (local build)
    Copyright (C) 2002-11 by Bruce Allen, http://smartmontools.sourceforge.net

=== START OF INFORMATION SECTION ===
    Device Model:     Hitachi HDS723030BLE640
    Serial Number:    MSM9215Q0BD7WY
    LU WWN Device Id: 5 000cca 37ec52e15
    Firmware Version: MX6OAAB0
    User Capacity:    3,000,592,982,016 bytes [3.00 TB]
    Sector Sizes:     512 bytes logical, 4096 bytes physical
    Device is:        Not in smartctl database [for details use: -P showall]
    ATA Version is:   8
    ATA Standard is:  ATA-8-ACS revision 4
    Local Time is:    Fri Jan  1 20:08:07 2016 EST
    SMART support is: Available - device has SMART capability.
    SMART support is: Enabled

=== START OF READ SMART DATA SECTION ===
    SMART overall-health self-assessment test result: PASSED

General SMART Values:
    Offline data collection status:  (0x84) Offline data collection activity
                                            was suspended by an interrupting command from host.
                                            Auto Offline Data Collection: Enabled.
    Self-test execution status:      (   0) The previous self-test routine completed
                                            without error or no self-test has ever
                                            been run.
    Total time to complete Offline
    data collection:                (22508) seconds.
    Offline data collection
    capabilities:                    (0x5b) SMART execute Offline immediate.
                                            Auto Offline data collection on/off support.
                                            Suspend Offline collection upon new
                                            command.
                                            Offline surface scan supported.
                                            Self-test supported.
                                            No Conveyance Self-test supported.
                                            Selective Self-test supported.
    SMART capabilities:            (0x0003) Saves SMART data before entering
                                            power-saving mode.
                                            Supports SMART auto save timer.
    Error logging capability:        (0x01) Error logging supported.
                                            General Purpose Logging supported.
    Short self-test routine
    recommended polling time:        (   1) minutes.
    Extended self-test routine
    recommended polling time:        ( 255) minutes.
    SCT capabilities:              (0x003d) SCT Status supported.
                                            SCT Error Recovery Control supported.
                                            SCT Feature Control supported.
                                            SCT Data Table supported.

SMART Attributes Data Structure revision number: 16
    Vendor Specific SMART Attributes with Thresholds:
    ID# ATTRIBUTE_NAME          FLAG     VALUE WORST THRESH TYPE      UPDATED  WHEN_FAILED RAW_VALUE
      1 Raw_Read_Error_Rate     0x000b   100   100   016    Pre-fail  Always       -       0
      2 Throughput_Performance  0x0005   139   139   054    Pre-fail  Offline      -       73
      3 Spin_Up_Time            0x0007   140   140   024    Pre-fail  Always       -       418 (Average 403)
      4 Start_Stop_Count        0x0012   100   100   000    Old_age   Always       -       10
      5 Reallocated_Sector_Ct   0x0033   100   100   005    Pre-fail  Always       -       0
      7 Seek_Error_Rate         0x000b   100   100   067    Pre-fail  Always       -       0
      8 Seek_Time_Performance   0x0005   124   124   020    Pre-fail  Offline      -       33
      9 Power_On_Hours          0x0012   100   100   000    Old_age   Always       -       129
     10 Spin_Retry_Count        0x0013   100   100   060    Pre-fail  Always       -       0
     12 Power_Cycle_Count       0x0032   100   100   000    Old_age   Always       -       9
    192 Power-Off_Retract_Count 0x0032   100   100   000    Old_age   Always       -       11
    193 Load_Cycle_Count        0x0012   100   100   000    Old_age   Always       -       11
    194 Temperature_Celsius     0x0002   230   230   000    Old_age   Always       -       26 (Min/Max 17/47)
    196 Reallocated_Event_Count 0x0032   100   100   000    Old_age   Always       -       0
    197 Current_Pending_Sector  0x0022   100   100   000    Old_age   Always       -       0
    198 Offline_Uncorrectable   0x0008   100   100   000    Old_age   Offline      -       0
    199 UDMA_CRC_Error_Count    0x000a   200   200   000    Old_age   Always       -       0

SMART Error Log Version: 1
    No Errors Logged

SMART Self-test log structure revision number 1
    Num  Test_Description    Status                  Remaining  LifeTime(hours)  LBA_of_first_error
    # 1  Short offline       Completed without error       00%        77         -
    # 2  Short offline       Completed without error       00%        73         -
    # 3  Short offline       Completed without error       00%        57         -
    # 4  Short offline       Completed without error       00%        51         -

SMART Selective self-test log data structure revision number 1
     SPAN  MIN_LBA  MAX_LBA  CURRENT_TEST_STATUS
        1        0        0  Not_testing
        2        0        0  Not_testing
        3        0        0  Not_testing
        4        0        0  Not_testing
        5        0        0  Not_testing
    Selective self-test flags (0x0):
      After scanning selected spans, do NOT read-scan remainder of disk.
    If Selective self-test is pending on power-up, resume after 0 minute delay.

• @agoldenberg said:

Kingston SSDs and Hitachi HDDs? Thats enough to put me off alone never mind 4 pages of shit slinging

Thanked by 1BensDaMan
  • sinsin Member

Ree said: Since this has sort of turned into an ad for Luna Node, I'll also mention support is awesome. For example I emailed them asking how to do something via their API, they said it wasn't supported but could be added and they'd let me know when it was available...from past experience with other providers I expected this to mean I'd never see the feature supported in my lifetime, but later that day I was informed it was implemented!

Luna Node is so damn awesome! They have so many features, I haven't even tried out their flexible plans yet but I think I will soon :).

• @MrGeneral NEVER EVER say anything bad or ask about delimiter because most people will attack you because they can't accept truth and believes only in LIES of delimiter!

@jbiloh most people always say bad about colocrossing but hey you should take a look at yomura how company based on lies getting protected by some members here!

Ban delimiter offers by cleaning let from a lie!

@jarland who ever banned @MrGeneral does it means staff of let protecting delimiter lies now? Maybe staff should ban anyone who says bad or asks about colocrossing too? How fair is this ?

Thanked by 1mpkossen
  • Was about to say well done for lasting two days into 2016 without downtime... but I'm sure it's not the first time in two days.

• @jarland can be ban @alexvolk now?

Thanked by 1trewq