Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

QuadIX/Volumedrive downtime... again - Page 2
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

QuadIX/Volumedrive downtime... again

Comments

• agoldenbergagoldenberg Member, Host Rep

Yeah as much as I like @MarkTurner, my experience with Delimiter has been incredibly frustrating. From long lead times to 0 response from Steve on multiple different occasions. When he does respond it's a one liner with no detail.

I really want to like Delimiter but until Steve has someone else doing sales with him, I wouldn't bother wasting my time.

• IThinkUFailed said: Can only imagine how many, perhaps you could be gracious enough to extend it to OP if he so wishes to switch...?

I think as @Mikeyur said the coupon has never been cancelled, so the few that remained are more than welcome to move across.

We have L5630 in stock, racked and ready.

agoldenberg said: I really want to like Delimiter but until Steve has someone else doing sales with him, I wouldn't bother wasting my time.

So in the meantime enjoy QuadIX :)

Thanked by 1GCat
  • @MarkTurner said:
    So in the meantime enjoy QuadIX :)

Now that was just rude :(

Honestly, regardless of who you go with be it Dacentec, Delimiter or Quickpacket as the few popular ones on LET - It'll be a damn lot better than Quadix, that's for sure!

@MarkTurner I have zero services with them. The majority of servers I have are with @Ernie and @QPS.

Maybe Delimiter one day.....

• agoldenberg said: Maybe Delimiter one day.....

If I remember rightly you've ordered a few servers off Delimiter over the years.

As its working for you with existing suppliers then there is no reason to look for others. Placing more servers with few suppliers gives you more leverage and builds better loyalty.

• IThinkUFailed said: Now that was just rude :(

More meant to be flippant :)

IThinkUFailed said: It'll be a damn lot better than Quadix, that's for sure!

They are not that bad, I think their main issues is bad network design and also poor choice in server hardware.

Thanked by 1GCat
  • @MarkTurner said:
    They are not that bad, I think their main issues is bad network design and also poor choice in server hardware.

Well a friend of mine had about 10 days on his server left and they wiped it and changed his idrac...

So I'd say network design isn't the only issue.

@markturner I've definitely had a couple of servers with delimiter and the services are great. The support just needs a little work / prodding and they'll be a top tier provider.

• volumedrivevolumedrive Member
    edited December 2015

This was handled quickly and we kept everyone up to date during the outage. This was the result of a third-party DWDM system that was upstream and out of our control. Diversified equipment routes are present, but this also caused a systemic network-wide problem. This has been replaced and new diversification added. We have had 99.9% uptime or better over the last two months and will continue to make sure that our services see 100% uptime in the months and years to come. An official RFO was sent to all existing clients.

We kept our official twitter updated during the issue and were answering our support line around the clock.

If any EXISTING customers see any issues moving forward, please always give our support line a call, check our official twitter and our official status page which is being released this week. We have 24 x 7 on-site staff and support that can quickly assist with any issue. We are also issuing SLA credits, please open a support ticket to have this applied to your account.

We will also be releasing in the new year a "Delimeter Refugee Sale" with better service / spec / price point..

• @volumedrive said:
    We will also be releasing in the new year a "Delimeter Refugee Sale" with better service / spec / price point..

That's the spirit. Im waiting...

Thanked by 2GCat MikePT

@VolumeDrive that is both awesome and hilarious! Delimiter refugee sale haha! Can't wait!

Thanked by 3volumedrive GCat MikePT
  • jarjar Patron Provider, Top Host, Veteran

Tired of uptime? Come on over to Quadix! haha... no really I mean, nothing personal against the VolumeDrive guys, as I've said before I'd have a beer with them anytime. They seem like perfectly cool, hard working guys.

...but they still cut a lot of corners on their setup and they know it, and it shows. There's always a great elaborate explanation for why they had downtime, meanwhile all of their competitors are up and running and not having to explain away downtime. It's just the reality. Time to stop talking a big game and start walking it instead :)

• ChairHostingChairHosting Member
    edited December 2015

@volumedrive said:
    This was handled quickly and we kept everyone up to date during the outage. This was the result of a third-party DWDM system that was upstream and out of our control. Diversified equipment routes are present, but this also caused a systemic network-wide problem. This has been replaced and new diversification added. We have had 99.9% uptime or better over the last two months and will continue to make sure that our services see 100% uptime in the months and years to come. An official RFO was sent to all existing clients.

We kept our official twitter updated during the issue and were answering our support line around the clock.

If any EXISTING customers see any issues moving forward, please always give our support line a call, check our official twitter and our official status page which is being released this week. We have 24 x 7 on-site staff and support that can quickly assist with any issue. We are also issuing SLA credits, please open a support ticket to have this applied to your account.

Ive used VD for some personal stuff before and I have to say it's not that bad, I mean you can't really expect the best network on such a low price point. however, their servers are still good for those who don't have a high budget to go to providers like leaseweb. Overall for the price, I would say they deserve a 7-8/10. However still gotta work on that downtime, its irritating when your server is down for more than 12 hours and you don't get a response on ticket.

I would love to see where they're going to go with that, I mean they're prices are already one of those unbeatable prices.

Edit: did I meantion that they offered 10Gbps DDoS Protection for free? Never got an attack but they claim to have it..

Thanked by 1Shamli
  • volumedrive said: We will also be releasing in the new year a "Delimeter Refugee Sale" with better service / spec / price point..

Really? At which ISP? Surely can't be your joke of a data center.

BCP38 coming soon? Of course it isn't, you'd lose 75% of customers.

No one goes to VolumeDrive / QuadIX for reliability, we all know you're:
    A) cheap, sans quality
    B) allow spoofing and ignore
    C) as reliable as the greek economy

Guessing IPv6 coming soon, like more than 2 uplinks?

Finally, let those who don't BGP peer & host Iranian ISPs on their network cast the first stone.

• volumedrive said: We will also be releasing in the new year a "Delimeter Refugee Sale" with better service / spec / price point..

They mad lol

• jarjar Patron Provider, Top Host, Veteran
    edited December 2015

@ChairHosting said:
    I mean you can't really expect the best network on such a low price point

Really? That's strange because I find them all the time. OVH, online.net, delimiter, quickpacket... All cheap hosts that don't have to explain away hours of downtime every 1-2 months.

Thanked by 2Kris MarkTurner
  • ChairHosting said: Ive used VD for some personal stuff before and I have to say it's not that bad, I mean you can't really expect the best network on such a low price point. however, their servers are still good for those who don't have a high budget to go to providers like leaseweb. Overall for the price, I would say they deserve a 7-8/10. However still gotta work on that downtime, its irritating when your server is down for more than 12 hours and you don't get a response on ticket.

We have had very good uptime over the last few months. As mentioned previously, we have 24 x 7 support with a direct support line if you want to speak with a technician at 2AM.

• @agoldenberg said:
    VolumeDrive that is both awesome and hilarious! Delimiter refugee sale haha! Can't wait!

We'll be posting it soon.

savage AF

• @volumedrive said:

Well I guess I wasnt there for those months :/.

• @chairhosting let us know if we can be of assistance in upcoming months.

You've got to stop this, I hate laughing so much that I have coffee coming out my nose!

I've had another 8 of your customers in the past 5 hours.

• @jarland said:
    Really? That's strange because I find them all the time. OVH, online.net, delimiter, quickpacket... All cheap hosts that don't have to explain away hours of downtime every 1-2 months.

Well those are exceptions, they have a large client base. Also, I dont think any provider can beat their Dual X5650 Model. Maybe some providers can squeeze out a server that can compete with the L5630 Model. They include SSDs too so its hard to beat those prices.

• @volumedrive said:
    chairhosting let us know if we can be of assistance in upcoming months.

This refugee offer? Whats the setup time and do you guarantee delimiter uptime?

• We will post the offer soon and yes we guarantee uptime through our SLA.

• AnthonySmithAnthonySmith Member, Patron Provider

These threads piss me off, I proved that VD lie and offer a seriously substandard service with facts and figures about 6 years ago, they have done nothing but get worse ever since and people still buy from them and complain when things go wrong.

truly unbelievable.

• I have personally spoken to many of QuadIX's LET customers both during the Refugee offer and in the weeks following.

Almost all have been upset about the network dying repeatedly, packet loss, losing power to their server, server being wiped, non-performing IPMI. Its the same story month in, month out.

Who is actually a QuadIX customer still? Are you satisfied with the service? Do you have any uptime stats for your server(s)?

Thanked by 2jar lazyt
  • I just got my Quadix server a month ago, I haven't noticed any issues besides the week and a half setup time. I'm starting to wish delimiter answered my emails though with all your comments. Maybe I got lucky? :s

• hawchawc Moderator, LIR

Sorry, I think a certain host owes me a new keyboard now.

Thanked by 2Kris MarkTurner
  • Turner said: I'm starting to wish delimiter answered my emails though with all your comments. Maybe I got lucky? :s

Was that sales emails?