Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

QuadIX/Volumedrive downtime... again - Page 3
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

QuadIX/Volumedrive downtime... again

Comments

• @MarkTurner said:
    I have personally spoken to many of QuadIX's LET customers both during the Refugee offer and in the weeks following.

Almost all have been upset about the network dying repeatedly, packet loss, losing power to their server, server being wiped, non-performing IPMI. Its the same story month in, month out.

Who is actually a QuadIX customer still? Are you satisfied with the service? Do you have any uptime stats for your server(s)?

well I have moved on from them as I had it with them being down last night when quadix's site stopped working so did my server and virtualizor notified me saying slave server offline and to me if you are going to run any serious business uptime is a big deal and is basically where you sink or you float in business as to be honest if you are down for 12+ hours or more you might as well hang it up as if you cannot be up and have constant downtime like that you're better off having a day job at something you can actually handle without being down so much @ChairHosting to be honest delimiter and everyone else has beaten their "model" and far exceeded it too as even @markturner has far exceeded on beating their "model" as delimiter includes a new not used ssd included free with each server(128gb ssd or 1tb sata) <--- the same/better as what quadix offers and plus when @markturner says 1gbps connection he means it as I have tested the dedi I have with delimiter one time and I can tell you it really is 1gbps connection not some marketing nonsense.

Thanked by 1MarkTurner
  • @timnboys said:
    well I have moved on from them as I had it with them being down last night when quadix's site stopped working so did my server and virtualizor notified me saying slave server offline and to me if you are going to run any serious business uptime is a big deal and is basically where you sink or you float in business as to be honest if you are down for 12+ hours or more you might as well hang it up as if you cannot be up and have constant downtime like that you're better off having a day job at something you can actually handle without being down so much ChairHosting to be honest delimiter and everyone else has beaten their "model" and far exceeded it too as even markturner has far exceeded on beating their "model" as delimiter includes a new not used ssd included free with each server(128gb ssd or 1tb sata) <--- the same/better as what quadix offers and plus when markturner says 1gbps connection he means it as I have tested the dedi I have with delimiter one time and I can tell you it really is 1gbps connection not some marketing nonsense.

Hello,

Well I havent used them in a Long time. Ive tried delimiter too. However VD Should not be used for anything business related, only personal files or backups. They're... Unpredictable. Also, I meant their quadix brand, the prices are the lowest Ive seen.

Thanked by 1MarkTurner
  • @volumedrive said:
    We will also be releasing in the new year a "Delimeter Refugee Sale" with better service / spec / price point..

Holy shit.. I needed that laugh this morning. Thank you.

Posting refugee offers to move to your service shortly after a huge outage (that happens at least quarterly, if not monthly)? That takes balls. And it takes completely mental individuals to take you up on that.

Save me from Delimiter's (or pretty much anyone else's) solid uptime and network please... I need regular outages, useless support and single homed cogent in my life!!!

• @volumedrive

Not sure how delimiter is knockable. Power wise they aint. Just looked at my ILO status

869 Days uptime

Thanked by 1MarkTurner
  • qpsqps Member, Host Rep
    edited December 2015

mikeyur said: cogent

Sure, single homed anything is bad, but I can think of a lot of worse scenarios with other worse networks. Cogent is pretty good overall. Cogent is one of the best in terms of the NOC/support and their network is greatly improved from where it was even a few years ago.

Thanked by 1Shamli
  • @qps said:
    Sure, single homed anything is bad, but I can think of a lot of worse scenarios - Cogent is pretty good overall.

No need to get so defensive of your primary upstream. You're focusing too much on the last part and missed the first half of my sentence.

• qpsqps Member, Host Rep

mikeyur said: You're focusing too much on the last part and missed the first half of my sentence.

I read the whole post. I chose only to comment on the specific part I quoted.

mikeyur said: primary upstream

Yes, Cogent is one of our upstream providers in both locations, but I wouldn't call them our primary provider.

• qps said: I read the whole post. I chose only to comment on the specific part I quoted.

Cool.

• Wait isn't volume drive the company that left colo customers gear behind when they did a rapid move, making in nearly impossible for people to regain there own gear ??

Thanked by 2doughmanes Kris
  • FranciscoFrancisco Top Host, Host Rep, Veteran

@Mun said:
    Wait isn't volume drive the company that left colo customers gear behind when they did a rapid move, making in nearly impossible for people to regain there own gear ??

Yep. They're also the ones that are in court for scamming their leasing company for something like $150k in unpaid dues. They moved equipment without permission from the vendor and have since fucked over countless bandwidth providers.

There's comments on WHT from an Inforelay representative that once their first invoice was due they started to be late/not paying, so they were cut very quickly to stop a repeat of the Burstnet crap.

My usual opinion on things is that if you see a datacenter/etc changing their upstreams all the time (once a month or every couple months), it usually means they're getting "free trials" and are not actually paying for it. That, or they got cut by their upstream.

Francisco

Thanked by 2doughmanes Kris
  • Francisco said: Yep. They're also the ones that are in court for scamming their leasing company for something like $150k in unpaid dues. They moved equipment without permission from the vendor and have since fucked over countless bandwidth providers.

VolumeDrive Inc is still leasing equipment, just last month they ran up another lease with CSC Leasing for some L5630, X5650, bunch of hard disks, SSDs, a couple of Macbook pros, a nearly 20 year old generator; as well as an all asset debenture to StreetShares and what could likely be a merchant services loan.

You can pull all their liens, I think there are 13 in total.

• agoldenbergagoldenberg Member, Host Rep

Lots of shit slinging going on here.... maybe this should be closed down now @jarland?

Thanked by 1Mark_R
  • hawchawc Moderator, LIR

@MarkTurner said:
    You can pull all their liens, I think there are 13 in total.

Estimated value of this months loans?

• @volumedrive said:
    We will post the offer soon and yes we guarantee uptime through our SLA.

That's great and all but I don't think people want to request SLA every week.

@volumedrive said:
    We have had 99.9% uptime or better over the last two months and will continue to make sure that our services see 100% uptime in the months and years to come. An official RFO was sent to all existing clients.

(All dates in US Format)

1st downtime reported by user 09-11-2015:
    http://www.webhostingtalk.com/showthread.php?t=1512493

2nd downtime report 09-23-2015:
    http://www.webhostingtalk.com/showthread.php?t=1512493&p=9540909#post9540909

3rd downtime reported on 09-29-2015 - later confirmed with RFO:
    http://www.webhostingtalk.com/showthread.php?t=1512493&p=9545016#post9545016

4th downtime RFO 10-12-2015:
    http://www.webhostingtalk.com/showthread.php?t=1512493&page=4

5th downtime 12-29-2015:
    http://www.webhostingtalk.com/showthread.php?t=1512493&page=5

You've barely had two months of uptime and are bragging about this? Other hosts have several years of uptime on both power and internet connectivity and you can manage neither of them (This does not include schedule maintenance windows).

I was gonna use you guys before I saw just how many issues you have... Then for you guys to walk on over here and claim you're doing a Delimiter refugee... How drunk are you guys?

• @agoldenberg said:
    Lots of shit slinging going on here.... maybe this should be closed down now jarland?

But where will @volumedrive post their Delimiter refugee offers? :)

I want to see these "deals" and I also want someone to explain how you can have a refugee offer with no one trying to leave...

Thanked by 2MarkTurner lazyt
  • hawc said: Estimated value of this months loans?

No idea, I don't have the lease documents. Just a list of the equipment they leased in the UCC filings. You can read them yourself, just pull VolumeDrive Inc UCCs and you'll see the infamous Data Sales Co leases (the ones they got sued for/still being sued?) and their leases/loans/etc.

Leasing old kit like this is an EXPENSIVE option, as you know when leasing new kit, the lease house expects a residual value which they can recover when they sell at the end of the lease. With kit this old, there is only going to be scrap value so the lease house will look to make 100% of their profit from the lease.

• mikeyur said: with no one trying to leave...

I am sure there are a few, sadly. As @agoldenberg said he's had a bad sales experience which put him off buying.

• FranciscoFrancisco Top Host, Host Rep, Veteran

@agoldenberg said:
    Lots of shit slinging going on here.... maybe this should be closed down now jarland?

It's not shit slinging, it's more a heads up that people should be mindful of what hosts they use and are reliant on.

Francisco

• agoldenberg said: Lots of shit slinging going on here.... maybe this should be closed down now jarland?

Not so much 'shit slinging' but I am not sure that a 'refugee' offer is in their interest right now. They just lot of load of customers to us, they are not going to be running back for some more excitement.

• LeeLee Veteran

MarkTurner said: You can pull all their liens, I think there are 13 in total.

Maybe, but they are still in business after all these years, and it's on no thinner a wire than many other hosts I could list with little effort or research that do a similar thing state side.

The reason they keep going? Because people keep buying, despite all the downtime, changes and whatever people keep buying. Even the whole issue a while back with Burst and despite the weeks of downtime people refused to leave or give up hope, the WHT thread was comical where people refused to believe anything was wrong. The price of course kept them loyal.

I am no particular fan of them but they do what they do and enough people appear to be happy in general to put up with it so let them get on with it.

Thanked by 3GM2015 jar MikePT

MarkTurner said: agoldenberg said: Lots of shit slinging going on here.... maybe this should be closed down now jarland?

Not so much 'shit slinging' but I am not sure that a 'refugee' offer is in their interest right now. They just lot of load of customers to us, they are not going to be running back for some more excitement.

I'm not looking to leave. Truth is I was never really a Delimiter customer. I tested the waters and didn't like dealing with Steve or the support over there.

Yourself excluded of course. You're just lovely :)

Thanked by 1MarkTurner
  • Unfortunately I've had a bad experience with both Delimiter and QuadIX. So... You guys can keep making refugee offers, but I'm not buying either, regardless of how nice either of you are :)

• agoldenberg said: didn't like dealing with Steve or the support over there.

There's not point beating around the bush, sales leaves a LOT to be desired. I've fought that battle for nearly 3 years. It will change and improve but certain things have to happen first. Support I find ok, they know their stuff and they know how to handle an escalation if they can't solve it. Support works in my opinion, sales is fraught with problems.

This is why over the past period I have acted as a sales interface where I can or at least as a conduit.

agoldenberg said: Yourself excluded of course. You're just lovely :)

:) Thats what I like to hear

Thanked by 1jar
  • NyrNyr Community Contributor, Veteran
    edited December 2015

@volumedrive said:
    we guarantee uptime through our SLA.

SLA is not a guarantee of uptime, is a guarantee of a (in your case, useless) compensation.

Thanked by 3MarkTurner Kris Pwner
  • linuxthefishlinuxthefish Member
    edited December 2015

QuickPacket is an amazing alternative for east and west coast if you need some older low cost options, I only had one major downtime in Atlanta when I had stuff with them.

Thanked by 1qps
  • @volumedrive said: We will also be releasing in the new year a "Delimeter Refugee Sale" with better service / spec / price point

Almost 10 hours later.. still giggling.

Thanked by 1MarkTurner
  • @mikeyur said:
    Almost 10 hours later.. still giggling.

We said that we would be releasing it in 2016 earlier in this thread.

• @volumedrive said:
    We said that we would be releasing it in 2016 earlier in this thread.

Yeah, I wasn't referring to when you'd be posting it... Just the idea of you guys being able to offer a better service than Delimiter at a lower price point is fucking hilarious. So funny that I'm still giggling at the thought.

Hopefully your VD clears up network stays up in the future! :)

Thanked by 1MarkTurner
  • @Nyr said:
    SLA is not a guarantee of uptime, is a guarantee of a (in your case, useless) compensation.

We certainly do offer an uptime guarantee. If there is an outage that is our fault (not client caused) we of course issue a service credit and or refund for the issue.

I have to day I've dealt with Delimiter, @QPS and @VolumeDrive in both sales and support and I have to say if I wanted east coast, id either use @VolumeDrive or @QPS. They both try to keep the customer happy and respond quickly to issues.

I also value the fact that I can call @VolumeDrive / Josh any time of the day and get him on the phone to resolve an issue.

Can't do that with any of the providers I use aside from @VolumeDrive.

Try emailing Steve in sales at Delimiter and see how long you wait on a simple answer? You'll end up having to PM @MarkTurner who is the only one doing his job over there while the rest of them screw th pooch.

@QPS is equally as fast as @VolumeDrive in responding and treating all customers like family.

If something goes down they fix it and they make it right with their customers. Sure their network might need work but even today their network is much better than I last recall and their provisioning times are much better.

I ordered an E3 system yesterday to try out their network again and it was up within 24 hours and delievered with higher specs than I paid for.

In the end I see a company that is experiencing some growing pains that has a past that is haunting them, but yomura was the same when I first looked them up a couple of years ago. Even people here said to stay the hell away. Now they're all defending delimiter.

Shit happens. Pick who you like and move on.