Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

BoltVM - Most Pathetic Host. Please avoid them at all costs. - Page 5
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

BoltVM - Most Pathetic Host. Please avoid them at all costs.

Comments

• @hostnoob said:
    "Reseller Website Coming Soon - Go to SiFuQi for non-reseller servers! - Client Area"

Been like that for months

• I have 2 servers with Boltvm, both are down at the moment. I will not put in Paypal dispute since i have the VMs running for more than 7 months. I think for $35/server, 7 month of service for that price is acceptable for me. AND I only speak for myself :). Others might have different thought.

• anyone have refugee offer,

1GB RAM | 2 CPU Core | 100GB SSD-Cache Disk | 2TB Bandwidth | LA location | $18/year

• TrafficTraffic Member
    edited January 2016

@andiklive said:
    anyone have refugee offer,

1GB RAM | 2 CPU Core | 100GB SSD-Cache Disk | 2TB Bandwidth | LA location | $18/year

Would you be interested on this? It has less HDD but double BW and CPU, and more RAM, for less price.

Datacenter: QuadraNet
    1.5 GB RAM + 1.5 GB SWAP
    40 GB HDD RAID 10
    2 TB Bandwidth @ 1Gbps
    1 IPv4
    4x 3.4GHz CPU
    OpenVZ

$15/year
    https://vrtz.net/vps/openvz/US/los-angeles/208.html (aff)
  • @andiklive said:
    anyone have refugee offer,

The deal I had with them was:

Thunder 2048

2,048 MB of RAM + 2,048 MB of SWAP
    200 GB of SSD-Cached Disk Space
    2,000 GB of Bandwidth
    1 IPv4
    Los Angeles, California
    Order Now for $18 a Year [COUPON: SeriouslyOutOfHisMind]
    http://www.lowendtalk.com/discussion/38159/boltvm-s-once-in-a-lifetime-pricing-thanksgiving-bonanza/p1

Same price as yours, but almost double the specs. Good luck finding comparable offers.

Thanked by 1inthecloudblog
  • TrafficTraffic Member
    edited January 2016

@amhoab said:
    Same price as yours, but almost double the specs. Good luck finding comparable offers.

Something like this?

Datacenter: QuadraNet
    1.5 GB RAM + 1.5 GB SWAP
    400 GB HDD RAID 10
    6 TB Bandwidth @ 1Gbps
    1 IPv4
    4x 3.4GHz CPU
    OpenVZ

$20/year
    https://vrtz.net/vps/openvz/US/los-angeles/214.html (aff)
  • How long will the service recover?

• mine is down also.

@messyidea said:
    How long will the service recover?

I think it will take forever

• @Traffic that HDD on ethernetserver, sometime SSD-Cache have better I/O than HDD and disk space lower than BoltVM plan.

@amhoab ah, i think steven is seriously with the coupon code SeriouslyOutOfHisMind that why his service down right now. XD

• My vas is down by a month, no answer at all to ticket, is impossible to open a ticket different than a level1 support, i cannot reinstall vps, i still have 3 months of contract and i cannot use it. Where are these guys?

• There doesnt seem to be any chance of Steven coming back to face the ire of everyone whose vpn is down.

Atleast, he should get everyone's vps up so that they can backup, give a refund for the remaining contract period and deadpool gracefully!

• 107.172.18.128/25 New Jersay is now down, yey for hourly backups!

• And finally I can enter the big family of my "BoltVM vps is down". I would like to thank everyone for waiting patiently on me!

Thanked by 2linuxthefish xaoc
  • BochiBochi Member
    edited January 2016

Would be interesting to know what is actually happening behind the scenes, as the host nodes seem to go offline one-by-one.
    For example mine was working much longer than the ones from others, but now mine is also dead for about 10 to 12 days and every now and then someone posts here.
    Doesn't seem like crashes or something like that because there were very stable before, so why should they suddenly fail all together.

• probably nodes were paid till different dates and are now expiring?

• @Nihim said:
    probably nodes were paid till different dates and are now expiring?

Ah sure...that seems reasonable!

• @linuxthefish said:
    Budget provider so he will be on holiday over Christmas. I hope you have backups, and you might want to sort out an alternate host until support comes back.

Personally I've had 0 issues and 100% uptime at BoltVM, but you have to remember this is on the extreme end of budget service.

This does not only apply to budget services. The same to first class services, too, I think. You'd better safe to always assume your server will go in the next minute.

• Maybe @ernie can give some lights??

cause steven told me before, he rent IP's space from him in LA..

• @ernie probably won't discuss such issues in public, would he?

just in remembrance: http://www.lowendtalk.com/discussion/31511/what-do-you-guys-think-of-our-logo

Thanked by 1Ndha
  • Guys, guys: he let his license expire on purpose. He'll be back when his own panel is finished!

Thanked by 1MikePT
  • BochiBochi Member
    edited January 2016

Well, now im confused!

/EDIT/
    Aaand it's gone again! Was pingable for nearly 10 minutes, but not my server that responded.
    Maybe the IPs got pulled back and reassigned?

• Well as usual, I am late to the party, and had to discover this thread after my VPS being down and no answer to a ticket for 24 hours.

• No wonder that people are crying for $12 vps, its all your fault because you fundend this deadpool by buying from him. Similar to GVH?

F k mein english

• LeeLee Veteran

AndreiGhesi said: No wonder that people are crying for $12 vps, its all your fault because you fundend this deadpool by buying from him. Similar to GVH?

It's the LET way though:

Provider comes along offering the world for $1 per month, 50 people buy it, the provider is barely if at all even covering their costs. But nobody would buy from them otherwise so they have to offer the world for nothing. Then nobody will pay more than a $1 for the service as that's the price they are known for. Provider packs up and leaves either in the night or like here just goes and hides until it blows over and up they pop in 6 months with an excuse or new identity.

The people that pay the least, complain the most.

• FranciscoFrancisco Top Host, Host Rep, Veteran

@Lee said:

Francisco

Thanked by 1vRozenSch00n
  • down for 1 month, can boltvm refund ?

• @klat said:
    down for 1 month, can boltvm refund ?

paypal dispute is your only choice, I got my refund few days ago.

• Devonius said: paypal dispute is your only choice, I got my refund few days ago.

I never file any dispute to PayPal, what proof do we have to provide?

• @vRozenSch00n said:
    I never file any dispute to PayPal, what proof do we have to provide?

If steven not answer in grace time you don't need to provide anything

Thanked by 1vRozenSch00n
  • I only see an option to file a dispute for an item which was not received or has been received partially or damaged. how do I file a dispute for a service ?

@Devonius said: