Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

BoltVM - Most Pathetic Host. Please avoid them at all costs.
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

BoltVM - Most Pathetic Host. Please avoid them at all costs.

gurugrvgurugrv Member
edited December 2015 in Reviews

I fell for the bait and opted for their 'cheap" discounted servers. The services were ok to begin with but now I just feel like throwing them away. I've had countless downtimes and the reason they come up with is that my servers are sending spam. They also claimed to put me in white list but the downtimes continued. You can get an idea from the attached screenshots.

My last ticket hasn't been answered since a week, a full goddamn week.

Screenshots:

No. of tickets: http://imgur.com/pLyx8ds
Last Ticket: http://imgur.com/6jFz4yo

Thanked by 1yomero

Comments

• Budget provider so he will be on holiday over Christmas. I hope you have backups, and you might want to sort out an alternate host until support comes back.

Personally I've had 0 issues and 100% uptime at BoltVM, but you have to remember this is on the extreme end of budget service.

Thanked by 2lazyt GCat
  • Do Christmas holidays also justify the consistent downtimes ?

@linuxthefish said:
    Budget provider so he will be on holiday over Christmas. I hope you have backups, and you might want to sort out an alternate host until support comes back.

Personally I've had 0 issues and 100% uptime at BoltVM, but you have to remember this is on the extreme end of budget service.

• gurugrv said: Do Christmas holidays also justify the consistent downtimes ?

It's a sign you need to take a break from your VPS! ;)

But in all serious, your VPS should not be taking holidays at the same time as us. We all know @Steven F will reply to your ticket in a few days saying you got automatically suspended by nodewatch (i wish he had some auto notification system also) and will un-suspend you.

Can you ping other IP's in the same IP block as you, so if your VPS IP was 192.68.192.50 you would try pinging 192.68.192.30?

• so many tikets ....

Thanked by 1Jacob
  • linuxthefish said: Personally I've had 0 issues and 100% uptime at BoltVM

Yeah, I currently have 100% uptime with BoltVM - 200 days in fact. I've never had to drop a ticket except to enable TAP and the VM's have performed better (in terms of CPU and IO) than RamNode and VPSDime.

• feel sorry for you, bro. my vps on boltvm still working good. should I feel lucky?

• me too, 100% uptime exclude when IP change lol..

but who knows later, so Rsync + Master-Slave can help it if i need it..

• 1 year+ and rock solid, i think were on the different node

• you are opening a ticket every week to 2 weeks. this is on a service your paying a couple of dollars for... perhaps that dont want you as their customer anymore...?

• It was probably $24/yr which might be months of salary for the guy. He cant afford to move elsewhere so his only hope is flooding @Steven_F with tickets.

• BoltVM was on a downhill many months ago.
    Good thing that I jumped ship slowly.
    This host has no hope in the long run. Move your shit and forget about it.

• BoltVM most shady from the beginning. Why would you ever buy with them in the first place?

• Idiots like you is the sole reason why this world is not a better place. Stop being judgmental and stereotyping people from other countries. Do not utter bulls*it unless you are here to help.

@JoeMerit said:
    It was probably $24/yr which might be months of salary for the guy. He cant afford to move elsewhere so his only hope is flooding Steven_F with tickets.

• The tickets were opened every time the servers went down. I don't have ahbit of creating tickets every now and then. Does paying less dollars mean that a ticket should not be created when needed ?

@seaeagle said:
    you are opening a ticket every week to 2 weeks. this is on a service your paying a couple of dollars for... perhaps that dont want you as their customer anymore...?

Thanked by 1vpsGOD
  • They ran a good deal and were trustworthy when I started with them. :(

@PremiumN said:
    BoltVM most shady from the beginning. Why would you ever buy with them in the first place?

• I guess that's the only option left for me now.

@gitreset said:
    BoltVM was on a downhill many months ago.
    Good thing that I jumped ship slowly.
    This host has no hope in the long run. Move your shit and forget about it.

• @PremiumN said:
    BoltVM most shady from the beginning. Why would you ever buy with them in the first place?

They didn't seem too bad at first. But a while ago there was a thread about BoltVM and Steven completely ignored it while still visiting LET and posting in other threads. That put me off ever using them

• Refugee plan anyone? (Match specs & price)

Thanked by 1Hassan
  • Anyone having issue?

mine down

• @rokok said:
    Anyone having issue?

mine down

yup, same here..

Thanked by 1rokok
  • WHTWHT Member

He still uses nulled WHMCS. @jarland

Thanked by 1Nic_20TBSSD
  • @Steven_F f-ing a-hole

• FranciscoFrancisco Top Host, Host Rep, Veteran
    edited January 2016

@WHT said:
    He still uses nulled WHMCS. jarland

Aw man, really? :(

Francisco

Thanked by 1Nic_20TBSSD
  • Mine down too, it's down for 3 hours last time.
    No ticket reply, no announcement.
    Though the server is not bad, I'm considering moving out for better support.

• For me its *just went down (after my last comment here)

• Mine is down as well, 30 minutes ago.

• @rokok said:
    Anyone having issue?

mine down

yup same here, just got 3 text message from nixstats.

• @rokok said:
    For me its *just went down (after my last comment here)

Hayooooloooooh lek...

rame2 chargeback ke PP dah klu gitu..hahah

• Nick_ANick_A Member, Top Host, Host Rep

rokok said: Refugee plan anyone? (Match specs & price)

Those prices are pretty darn low. (Yes I realize this is LET, but still.)

• LeeLee Veteran

Nick_A said: Those prices are pretty darn low. (Yes I realize this is LET, but still.)

Spoiler - Maybe that is why they are down....

To be honest if he is out of the game then he had a good run, far longer than he deserved.