Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Arubacloud - is it really that cheap? - Page 4
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Arubacloud - is it really that cheap?

Comments

• GM2015GM2015 Member
    edited December 2015

all it does is make me use 5 x €1 servers over two months. I'm thinking of keeping one at the end of the period and see where we go there with aruuuuba.

Infinity580 said: Infinity580

• i haven't got any reply/response to my request for the trial credits.. and no response to process vat exclusion for non-european account. @arubacloud i thought i could wait until they get serious on my account.. which is around 6 months now ;)

• no idea man. maybe i've won the internal aruba voucher lottery.

"Let's see today's winner:
    3 ..
    2 ..
    1 ..

Bob!

Great, send Bob an email now!"

upfreak said: i haven't got any reply/response to my request for the trial credits.. and no response to process vat exclusion for non-european account. @arubacloud i thought i could wait until they get serious on my account.. which is around 6 months now ;)

Thanked by 2Junkless upfreak
  • What I know, don't delete Your VPS, You'll lose the credit.
    And that apt get thingy downloaded at times like 100kBps.
    14 years ago I had a 4m connection at home in some small town, this seemed a little weird.

• @KlaasPiima

It's 2015 and I've got an 3m connection need hug

• @Shigawire said:

Disk Speed

I/O (1st run) : 846 MB/s
    I/O (2nd run) : 961 MB/s
    I/O (3rd run) : 1.1 GB/s
    Average I/O : 602.7 MB/s

How do you get an average I/O of 602.7 MB/s with those results?

Thanked by 1upfreak
  • KlaasPiimaKlaasPiima Member
    edited December 2015

/the 4m was little less than 30€ then.
    In little bigger cities it's 500m/500m for 50-60 €$ nowadays. At current location I can get a 4G maxed out. 150m I guess. Or 40m land. Last week I had some temporary 10m, not very happy.

Then there's datacenters and remote cloud desktops - 1.6GB down in 30 sec. Doable on a 3-4€ a month vps. Ok for a development environment./

I've seen better speeds most of the time than Aruba, that's all. It's the slowest, I've had recently.

• @arubacloud change location anytime, anyone?

• @andiklive said:
    arubacloud change location anytime, anyone?
    @andiklive said:
    arubacloud change location anytime, anyone?

For pro plan yes, but not for smart.

• GM2015GM2015 Member
    edited December 2015

What do you mean? Moving the same server in different dc-s or one account only being able to create servers in 1 dc after choosing?

I've only made 5 today in the UK, so didn't bother testing this.

Xyy said: For pro plan yes, but not for smart.

• @GM2015 said:
    What do you mean? Moving the same server in different dc-s or one account only being able to create servers in 1 dc after choosing?

I've only made 5 today in the UK, so didn't bother testing this.

I mean that changing location to another dc after created the server. For pro plan you can backup the VMWare vhd (if not mistaken) and move it to another dc. For smart, you have to do it in classic way (FTP,etc). This what the staff told me.

• @Xyy so it confirm that change location is possible after vm destroyed but need backup by ourself to restore it to new dc location.

ok, i'll give them try. need for development test :)

• GM2015GM2015 Member
    edited December 2015

What about the 50GB ftp storage? I can't upload there from home with filezilla and I believe it's only for isos and backups. So you manually have to take backups of the whole server(if you want to) there basically?

Xyy said: I mean that changing location to another dc after created the server. For pro plan you can backup the VMWare vhd (if not mistaken) and move it to another dc. For smart, you have to do it in classic way (FTP,etc). This what the staff told me.

• XyyXyy Member
    edited December 2015

@andiklive said:
    Xyy so it confirm that change location is possible after vm destroyed but need backup by ourself to restore it to new dc location.

ok, i'll give them try. need for development test :)

Their staff told me so. But take note that backup your vm in vhd format require pro plan. Try request for trial coupon to be safe.

@GM2015 said:
    What about the 50GB ftp storage? I can't upload there from home with filezilla and I believe it's only for isos and backups. So you manually have to take backups of the whole server(if you want to) there basically?

What do you mean by 50GB ftp storage? Never heard about it in arubacloud.

• vfusevfuse Member, Host Rep

Just signed up, free windows 2008 R2 on their 6.5 euro per month package. Looks like you can only start a server with a password not with key.

• I've seen that too. Knowing that Digitalocean debian 8 droplets come with root without-password, I was somewhat curious.

vfuse said: with a password not with key.

• kingpinkingpin Member
    edited December 2015

I signed up and requested a voucher. Got my code for €10 credit the same day.

Submitted a request for VAT exemption, and they processed it in no time. (Sent them a scan of my ID and advised my user handle in the Customer Area.)

Just to test waters I spent a few days spinning up VMs across all their locations and running benchmarks, and this is what I got.

1. DC3-CZ.
    2. DC6-UK.
    3. DC4-FR.
    4. DC5-DE.
    5. DC1-IT.
    6. DC2-IT.

Will probably keep one in DC2-IT, as it showed an excellent performance and network speed compared to hosts in the rest DCs and to benchmarks on ServerBear.

Still have €4 left on my credit.

• fanfan Veteran

@kingpin said:
    I signed up and requested a voucher. Got my code for €10 credit the same day.

Submitted a request for VAT exemption, and they processed it in no time. (Sent them a scan of my ID and advised my user handle in the Customer Area.)

Just to test waters I spent a few days spinning up VMs across all their locations and running benchmarks, and this is what I got.

1. DC3-CZ.
    2. DC6-UK.
    3. DC4-FR.
    4. DC5-DE.
    5. DC1-IT.
    6. DC2-IT.

Will probably keep one in DC2-IT, as it showed an excellent performance and network speed compared to hosts in the rest DCs and to benchmarks on ServerBear.

Are they exempting VAT for individuals now?

Thanked by 1dragon1993
  • KlaasPiima said: /the 4m was little less than 30€ then. In little bigger cities it's 500m/500m for 50-60 €$ nowadays. At current location I can get a 4G maxed out. 150m I guess. Or 40m land. Last week I had some temporary 10m, not very happy.

Then there's datacenters and remote cloud desktops - 1.6GB down in 30 sec. Doable on a 3-4€ a month vps. Ok for a development environment./

I've seen better speeds most of the time than Aruba, that's all. It's the slowest, I've had recently.

kingpin said: I signed up and requested a voucher. Got my code for €10 credit the same day.

DC3-CZ.

DC6-UK.
    DC4-FR.
    DC5-DE.
    DC1-IT.
    DC2-IT.

I have bad ping with DC2-IT.
    https://cloudharmony.com/speedtest-for-aruba

• kingpinkingpin Member
    edited December 2015

@fan said:
    Are they exempting VAT for individuals now?

I don't know if they always did since this is my first experience with them, but I have this note in my Customer Area (in the bottom of Contact details tab).

If you are eligible for VAT exemption please complete the registration form and follow the instructions here.

And the instructions article in the KB reads.

[..]

>

• In the comment area, please indicate us the reasons for this exemption.

>

[..]

But don't bother following the article, the instructions are outdated.

Rather just shot them an email to service.client AT arubacloud.fr requesting VAT exemption and the reasons for the exemption (for example, individual living outside EU). You'd want to attach a scan of your ID to the email, and also do them a favor including you user handle as well – the one you use when signing in to the Customer Area.

( @arubacloud Why on earth the connections to the Client Area are unencrypted? I also get an invalid security certificate warning when connecting to the site with httpS in the URL. )

@dragon1993 said:
    I have bad ping with DC2-IT. https://cloudharmony.com/speedtest-for-aruba

I've never used CloudHarmony service before, but as far as I can see it utilizes your bandwidth while performing the benchmark. This can easily be seen e. g. in Firefox – just hit the F12 and the Firefox Developer Tools window pops up; in the Network tab, you'll see a lot of request going on between your host and the Aruba servers (dc2-it-aruba.cloudharmony.net, dc6-uk-aruba.cloudharmony.net, and so forth).

So I guess the high latency you get may well be the result of your poor connectivity or some bottlenecks on the way between your ISP and Aruba servers, and not some problems on the Aruba side.

I for one have pretty good pings from Aruba servers to my ISP.

dc1-it rtt min/avg/max/mdev = 156.948/157.690/168.428/1.528 ms

dc2-it rtt min/avg/max/mdev = 159.381/159.911/160.873/0.631 ms

dc3-cz rtt min/avg/max/mdev = 161.666/163.396/336.091/10.625 ms

dc5-de rtt min/avg/max/mdev = 142.254/144.028/511.094/12.589 ms

dc6-uk rtt min/avg/max/mdev = 147.161/150.332/695.379/26.805 ms

dc4-fr rtt min/avg/max/mdev = 148.805/150.231/571.217/17.159 ms

• I got 2 vps at the dc5-de location there seem to be a big difference the performance even at the same location.

Vps 1: http://serverbear.com/benchmark/2015/12/21/KVARR4MGg1sGxNdc

Vps 2: http://serverbear.com/benchmark/2015/12/21/QvKjnsgw0OtNwMR3

• They never give me the trial code. Sad.

• Have you checked your Spam folder?

• @kingpin said:
    Have you checked your Spam folder?

Yes, but no email from them.

• ArubaCloudArubaCloud Member, Host Rep

Hi guys, thanks for using our services and Happy New Year to everybody! Soon we will be here to answer all your questions.

• anyone know how long to get voucher in?

I have requested 2 month ago and never got voucher yet

• @add_iT said:
    anyone know how long to get voucher in?

I have requested 2 month ago and never got voucher yet

@ArubaCloud should able to answer that

• kingpinkingpin Member
    edited January 2016

Unfortunately, my VPS performance in the DC2-IT location headed South recently, and it is also slower network-wise.

Compare it to my previous score back in December. A damn big difference.

If there is some maintenance going in the DC, I would hope they will finally sort it out.

Thanked by 1dragon1993
  • @kingpin said:
    Unfortunately, my VPS performance in the DC2-IT location headed South recently, and it is also slower network-wise.

Compare it to my previous score back in December. A damn big difference.

If there is some maintenance going in the DC, I would hope they will finally sort it out.

how is the server now?

• Read through the whole thread and everyone seems to get an E5 as advertised.
    However my VPS in IT1 and IT2 feature an old L5640...pretty fast, but not what they claim.
    But you can't complain for something that is essentially free! :) Also tried their biggest configuration in CZ for about 190$ / month, but that sucked...