Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Arubacloud - is it really that cheap? - Page 2
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Arubacloud - is it really that cheap?

Comments

• @simonindia said:

OMG THANKS A BUNCH! <3

Thanked by 1simonindia
  • I tried to buy aruba before, but it wants me to upload my f**cking photo & passport & ID, so I refused.

• lewissue said:

I tried to buy aruba before, but it wants me to upload my f**cking photo & passport & ID, so I refused.

They must have a good troll detection.

• @lewissue said:
    I tried to buy aruba before, but it wants me to upload my f**cking photo & passport & ID, so I refused.

Yeah that one sucks but after that no problem what so ever

• @Frecyboy said:
    They must have a good troll detection.

Man he changed his signature i presume

so in my books this is new version of him

• @simonindia said:

is that a must for everyone or just people from certain countries?

• simonindiasimonindia Member
    edited December 2015

For me when opening they never asked any proof but when i asked for VAT exemption

they requested some proof it fairly takes couple of minutes for me because i have my digital copy of my ID's ready

• @simonindia said:
    they requested some proof it fairly takes couple of minutes for me because i have my digital copy of my ID's ready

:/ I'm okay but my parents are probably not okay with that, well, might pass then.

• @simonindia said:
    so in my books this is new version of him

http://www.lowendtalk.com/discussion/comment/1420613/#Comment_1420613

Took enough effort.
    To make everyone irritated, he did this right after:

http://www.lowendtalk.com/discussion/comment/1420817/

• XyyXyy Member
    edited December 2015

@lewissue said:

I gave them any official pdf that state my address. No big deal. They accept it and approve my account. But they only ask if you want to vat exemption right?

• Happy with the instances so far and as @simonindia mentioned asked for ID to exempt from VAT when i requested for it.

• XyyXyy Member
    edited December 2015

Which datacenter that low ping from south east asia? I ask them for test ip but they didnt have it. They ask me to apply for Trial and create server at each datacenter but they never reply my email. ._.

• As i'm in INDIA & my ISP always fuck up the routes but for some strange reason my DE servers route has no packet loss so i choosed the DE for most part DE and FR will have less latency

Thanked by 1vimalware
  • @simonindia said:
    As i'm in INDIA & my ISP always fuck up the routes but for some strange reason my DE servers route has no packet loss so i choosed the DE for most part DE and FR will have less latency

Seriously? My server at DE ping almost 400ms from here. Typing in terminal feels too slow.

• NeoonNeoon Community Contributor, Veteran

You need a VPS in Australia, arround 300ms.

• simonindiasimonindia Member
    edited December 2015

@Xyy use http://ping.pe/ and post a screen shot

• GM2015GM2015 Member
    edited December 2015

It's all a conspiracy. Never mind. Have a nice day.

• @Infinity580 said:
    You need a VPS in Australia, arround 300ms.

Just concert about the price.

@simonindia said:
    Xyy use http://ping.pe/ and post a screen shot

• @simonindia said:
    Xyy use http://ping.pe/ and post a screen shot

Need halp here too

• There is no difference at all. They set up a different page with different pricing for Italy; but, even if you are italian, you can sign up through the second link.

• VPSensationalVPSensational Member
    edited December 2015

I'm not impressed with ArubaCloud. Their control panel is fiddly, extremely slow and repeatedly switches back to Italian on a regular basis.

Topping up your account credit requires you to log into a completely different control panel and is again a slow and needlessly cumbersome process - topping up with 1 euro to test the service required me to accept no fewer than three separate sets of terms and conditions and resulted in four separate emails:

• Aruba Cloud - Order Confirmation
    • Aruba Cloud - Confirmation of payment
    • Aruba Cloud - Your order has been validated
    • Paypal - receipt for your payment to ARUBA SAS

This is a pointlessly lengthy and complicated process for adding a small amount of credit to your account! For one euro a month I feel bad complaining - but I wouldn't want to pay any more for the service, it feels like it's going to fall over at any moment. I'd much rather use a standard SolusVM/WHMCS setup.

Thanked by 1inthecloudblog
  • @VPSensational said:
    I'm not impressed with ArubaCloud. Their control panel is fiddly, extremely slow and repeatedly switches back to Italian on a regular basis.

Topping up your account credit requires you to log into a completely different control panel and is again a slow and needlessly cumbersome process - topping up with 1 euro to test the service required me to accept no fewer than three separate sets of terms and conditions and resulted in four separate emails:

• Aruba Cloud - Order Confirmation
    • Aruba Cloud - Confirmation of payment
    • Aruba Cloud - Your order has been validated
    • Paypal - receipt for your payment to ARUBA SAS

This is a pointlessly lengthy and complicated process for adding a small amount of credit to your account! For one euro a month I feel bad complaining - but I wouldn't want to pay any more for the service, it feels like it's going to fall over at any moment. I'd much rather use a standard SolusVM/WHMCS setup.

Cant agree more. Indeed their control panel is messy and quite confusing for the first time. But the vps performance is not that bad, I think it's worth 1eur a month.

• I had to cancel them as I didn't either receive login details to login into my server and their scarce support never replied so I made a PayPal dispute and won (it was not for 1 euro obviously)

• XyyXyy Member
    edited December 2015

@inthecloudblog said:
    I had to cancel them as I didn't either receive login details to login into my server and their scarce support never replied so I made a PayPal dispute and won (it was not for 1 euro obviously)

Which datacenter?

Their support kinda sucks. Two days ago I opened a ticket but they still haven't reply. Waiting for few more days before I give up with this host.

• @simonindia said:
    xyy do you created a ticket here

http://assistance.arubacloud.com/Main/Default.aspx

Yeah, I created a ticket there. Why?

• just asking @Xyy

• ShigawireShigawire Member
    edited December 2015

The support was pretty helpful to me. I wanted to work with their API, since they have no sandbox, testing would become expensive pretty quickly so they helped me out.

Got useful replies within a few hours.

• The same was my story i got reply within some hours but i also had days when there is no reply in the past