Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

OVH Canada Down? - Page 8
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

OVH Canada Down?

Comments

• jbilohjbiloh Administrator, Veteran

At the price they offer servers I'm surprised they offer an SLA at all.

• FranciscoFrancisco Top Host, Host Rep, Veteran

@jbiloh said:
    At the price they offer servers I'm surprised they offer an SLA at all.

It's easy to do a lot of things when it isn't your money you're spending :)

Francisco

Thanked by 1Rhys
  • Ovh is the unicorn of infrastructure providers now I guess. The backers/vc will keep pumping in money because it's too big to fail.

Are they?

• smansman Member
    edited November 2015

@vimalware said:
    Ovh is the unicorn of infrastructure providers now I guess. The backers/vc will keep pumping in money because it's too big to fail.

Are they?

I am of the opinion that a day of reconing is coming. When that happens it will be a blood bath. I think a lot of these big VC funded outfits will go under. Probably will be some consolidation as well. Their big innovation if you want to call it that is to commoditize the data center and server hosting. That never seems to end well for companies trying to be on the tip of that spear. Racing to the bottom on pricing while trying to increase what they offer and what they promise.

Who knows how it all shakes out but I can't see things continuing the way they are.

Thanked by 1Francisco
  • Everything dies some day. Even facebook.

So unless I have money in the markets, I don't see any point in playing analyst. Just my 2c

• sman said: I am of the opinion that a day of reconing is coming. When that happens it will be a blood bath. I think a lot of these big VC funded outfits will go under. Probably will be some consolidation as well. Their big innovation if you want to call it that is to commoditize the data center and server hosting. That never seems to end well for companies trying to be on the tip of that spear. Racing to the bottom on pricing while trying to increase what they offer and what they promise.

Rubbish. There is such a thing as economy of scale. Just because you wouldn't be able to break even trying to match OVH's prices based on 10k invested doesn't mean anything.

Thanked by 1jvnadr
  • @dwhs said:
    Post a link and I will check it now.

What's that you're after?

• Hello,

thank you for your feedback.

You are right, the communication including the compensation has been delayed. It has also been delayed for our corporate and reseller customers as well. It should be delivered by the end of this week.

If you ever have any other questions or concerns, feel free to contact us through ticket, or for instant phone support, through our toll-free line at 1-855-684-5463. Were there 24/7 to help you!

Thank you for your business, and have a great day!

Martin D.
    Customer Advocate
    Feel free to read our FAQ at : http://docs.ovh.ca/en/faqs.html

• @Dustlab said:
    There's still a chance. This is probably an early cost saving measure by OVH, deny everybody upfront and relent to the % that call bullshit on you.

I'll update if and when I get any response.

• RolterRolter Member
    edited November 2015

@Dustlab said:
    There's still a chance. This is probably an early cost saving measure by OVH, deny everybody upfront and relent to the % that call bullshit on you.

First take and then give back , to get more appreciation ...

@sman said:
    Who knows how it all shakes out but I can't see things continuing the way they are.

I doubt it will happen anytime soon , besides shit happens in every business , and if the business owner is smart enough , s/he can circumvent the damage done and/or be prepared for it.

About about brands like OVH going belly up , lets see

• Kimsufi is always sold out.
    • OVH expanded by opening SYS , and also continuously brings in new products and even cheaper prices.
    • Most SYS servers are always sold out
    • OVH even after their not-so-good support , continuously sells its servers.

These are not your summer hosts , they are backed up by a lot of investments and in most cases are a part of bigger parent company .

• smansman Member
    edited November 2015

@Rolter said:

I don't think you see the bigger picture. All you see is "hey I get a cheap server cool". Also always sold out is a feature not a bug. Why buy more servers when you can just wait and let the high churn sort itself. They know the rubes will sit and wait if it means saving a couple bucks. Also people are suckers for intentionally making things harder to get.

Smart phone manufacturers do it all the time. Threads of people looking for OnePlus invites are always active around there. There is always a line for the latest Apple shiny object because...they are gonna sell out...hurry up....paying the rent can wait...your old Apple phone you waited in line for 6months ago is so obsolete...you are a loser if you don't upgrade.

Thanked by 1inthecloudblog
  • vimalware said: The backers/vc will keep pumping in money because it's too big to fail.

What backers or VCs? OVH only has bank loans and bonds, and the Klaba family fully owns the company.

• DustlabDustlab Member
    edited November 2015

@Rolter said:
    First take and then give back , to get more appreciation ...

We'll see about the appreciation..

• @Dylan said:
    What backers or VCs? OVH only has bank loans and bonds, and the Klaba family fully owns the company.

So what happens when interest rates go up?

• gestiondbigestiondbi Member, Patron Provider

@sman said:
    So what happens when interest rates go up?

They increase the price of servers. As they do 2 months ago. :P

• perennateperennate Member, Host Rep

davidgestiondbi said: They increase the price of servers. As they do 2 months ago. :P

I thought that was currency exchange rate fluctuation.

• is kimsufi down? cause I can't access to any of their sites or servers

• @Ruriko said:
    is kimsufi down? cause I can't access to any of their sites or servers

Works fine here, GRA.

• elijahpaulelijahpaul Member
    edited November 2015

via email today:

Bonjour,

>

Vous avez été affecté par l'incident réseau survenu le 2 novembre dernier sur vos services hébergés dans notre datacentre BHS, situé au sud-ouest de Montréal.
    Nous vous proposons un dédommagement en application du SLA prévu sur vos services impactés.
    Pour en bénéficier, il vous suffit d'activer la procédure de compensation en
    vous rendant à https://www.kimsufi.com/fr/manager/.

Nous vous remercions de votre confiance.

>

Amicalement

>

Octave Klaba

Google translate:

Hello,

Have you been affected by the incident occurred network on November 2 about your services hosted in our data center BHS, located south-west of Montreal. We offer compensation provided under SLA impacted your services. To qualify, you simply activate the compensation procedure by visiting https://www.kimsufi.com/fr/manager/.

Thank you for your confidence.

Sincerely

Octave Klaba

• DustlabDustlab Member
    edited November 2015

English ver:

Dear valued customer,

Your services hosted at our BHS datacenter - located southwest of Montreal - were affected by the network incident that occurred on 2nd November 2015.

As promised we are offering you compensation in accordance to the SLA of the services that were impacted.

To qualify, simply activate the compensation procedure by clicking on the following link:
    https://ca.ovh.com/manager/#/billing/sla

We thank you for your patience and your continued trust.
    Best regards,
    Octave Klaba

Compensation success!

Thanked by 1elijahpaul
  • @Dustlab said:
    Compensation success!

Likewise! :)

• elijahpaulelijahpaul Member
    edited November 2015

Quick Note:

In the Kimsufi control panel billing section, I couldn't find a link/button to the compensation page, so I added
    sla
    to the billing URL manually.

https://www.kimsufi.com/fr/manager/?csid=xxxxx#/billing/sla

Thanked by 1Dustlab

Did someone know if SyS and KIM received it too?

• @davidgestiondbi said:
    Did someone know if SyS and KIM received it too?

All my Kimsufi boxes got the 25% :)

Thanked by 1gestiondbi

The link is broken for me :S
    Only my OVH link was working.

• https://us.kimsufi.com/manager/#/login?redirectTo=/billing/sla

Try that perhaps?

Or FR

https://www.kimsufi.com/fr/manager/#/login?redirectTo=/billing/sla

I received FR email at 4:38am and US at 6:38am its now 6:56am so technically it worked straight away ;)

• SetsuraSetsura Member
    edited November 2015

So my comment at http://lowendtalk.com/discussion/comment/1363445/#Comment_1363445 may be invalid after all, I got the 25% expected from the SLA, I suppose it may have just been bad English misrepresenting the SLA I'd get? I wonder if I should pursue that line of thinking in a ticket, since I have the OVH main brand stuff, not SYS or KS.

• @Setsura said:
    I wonder if I should pursue that line of thinking in a ticket, since I have the OVH main brand stuff, not SYS or KS.

I doubt you get anywhere tbh, no harm in trying though.

• Got my 25% today for a couple servers. I appreciated the gesture and ordered another one.

• Got 50% for my Enterprise and 100% for my 2016 VPS :)

Not bad.