Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

OVH Canada Down? - Page 4
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

OVH Canada Down?

Comments

• P.S.: I can access BHS just fine with no packet loss

• jarjar Patron Provider, Top Host, Veteran
    edited November 2015

@4n0nx said:
    P.S.: I can access BHS just fine with no packet loss

Yep. My website has been up without significant issue :)

Thanked by 2inthecloudblog lazyt
  • IgniteServersIgniteServers Member
    edited November 2015

@Jar said:
    Yep. My website has been up without significant issue :)

My website is up simple because I host my website with another provider but I cannot even access the OVH client area however my server is up but experiencing 70% packet loss.

@Tr1cky yep downtime for me also my one server with OVH lol, I cant complain though for little to nothing /month ill take a few hours off until it comes back up, Starbucks is right down the street from the office. OVH has been a solid host for me for a long time and its the first downtime for me in about a year.

Also @clouvider is a solid provider for me also have no downtime with him either.

What we all need to remember here is this is technology expect downtime no matter how much $$$ you ditch out.

• "We still don't have an ETA regarding the repairs on the existing fiber.

However, it's been confirmed that 2 out the 3 new pairs of the Eastern route (which were being setup) are now usable. We are working with our providers in order to get a full connection as quickly as possible: the only cross-connect linking OVH to our provider (in Montreal) is currently missing."

My soyoustart box is still offline or like 95% packet loss making it almost totally unusable.

• ClouviderClouvider Member, Patron Provider
    edited November 2015

@Jar said:
    Taking the opportunity to take shots at other providers for downtime is a rookie mistake. Karma is a a cruel mistress.

Agreed. I guess I got slightly carried away here, for that I'm sorry :).

Thanked by 2jar William
  • I don't know what exactly you want to prove here.

You drew comparisons between your company and OVH. Perhaps some OVH staff can offer a condescending comment when your network/servers encounter some issues. Perhaps they're more interested in significant players, though.

Not quite sure how you place your service since implying OVH are overly cheap. If I was paying for quality... not sure I'd be paying $$$$ for a little unknown host called Clouvider.

Purely from my perspective though :) Obviously the outage is not a good thing, but condescending comments like you know better is a bit laughable.

Heh, expected. Incoming DDoS on the way :-).

IgniteServers said: but I cannot even access the OVH client area however my server is up but experiencing 70% packet loss.

Aye, I'm seeing issues with my website now too. Oh well, I still <3 OVH and I know they're on it :)

Thanked by 1netomx
  • @Jar said:
    Aye, I'm seeing issues with my website now too. Oh well, I still <3 OVH and I know they're on it :)

Yea seems they are working it out http://status.ovh.com/?do=details&id=11304 can view the full comments of what they are doing to solve it on that link above.

Thanked by 1jar
  • still see 55% packet loss to my servers from east coast. already moved important 3 VPS's to my own small datacenter from an off-site backup. gotta love R1Soft.

• NeoonNeoon Community Contributor, Veteran

@Jar said:

You love everything, Jar.

Infinity580 said: You love everything, Jar.

You got me :P

• joepie91joepie91 Member, Patron Provider

Kris said: @MarkTuner The reason why your servers (or mine) were not there is jQuery I believe was timing out. As soon as the jQuery came through the dedicated instances and IPs showed up.

And this, ladies and gentlemen, is why you do not rely on JS when developing a web-thing...

• netomxnetomx Moderator, Veteran

@Clouvider said:
    Heh, expected. Incoming DDoS on the way :-).

nice excuse!

netomx said: nice excuse!

Whatever works for you :-).

• @joepie91 said:
    And this, ladies and gentlemen, is why you do not rely on JS when developing a web-thing...

Pretty sure they're using Angular as the frontend too..

• Cloudflare suppose should serve a Cached version of our website when server is down. Not sure why it says no cached version for our home page.

• linuxthefishlinuxthefish Member
    edited November 2015

@28Tom said:
    Kris

http://weathermap.ovh.net/#beauharnois1

I find this much more colorful

The single red link on top right of http://weathermap.ovh.net/#usa lol!

• @linuxthefish said:
    The single red link on top right of http://weathermap.ovh.net/#usa lol!

That explains everything. Canada will also be taking DDoS from FR for VAC

• dnwk said: Cloudflare suppose should serve a Cached version of our website when server is down. Not sure why it says no cached version for our home page.

I could never get that to work

• @ATHK said:
    Pretty sure they're using Angular as the frontend too..

I would be happy to use a simple, clear html version without js. I just do not need it here.

The cloud panel is down also.

Maybe they host static in the BHS location...

• coolicecoolice Member
    edited November 2015

Everything is up ...

OVH is crazy all over their head (in a good way of what this mean haha ) :) I like how they take action

it will be the last time with such issue they push the second route ....

Thanked by 1netomx
  • perennateperennate Member, Host Rep

Might be back up.

• Seems the ping is almost good now ...

• gestiondbigestiondbi Member, Patron Provider
    edited November 2015

I can confirm this issue is not only related to OVH. Most ISP in Quebec are affected too, at different level of course.

Also, the 2 links they add through MTL start to work and help to decrease congestion. :)

@perennate said:
    Might be back up.

I understand they were aiming at introducing the new fibers sooner to cope with the load while their main route was down, which is a good thing. Likely that as welding the fibers takes a bit more time.

• SplitIceSplitIce Member, Host Rep

Doesnt seem to be fiber cut related. Seems to be 90% packet loss at OVH's mitigation and firewall in BHS.

• Getting a proxy error when trying to log into client area.

• timnboystimnboys Member
    edited November 2015

Now I only have one server showing I should have two.
    But at least their panel is working somewhat.

• Well, they are up to some extent but tubes are clogged.