Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

OVH Canada Down? - Page 7
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

OVH Canada Down?

Comments

• perennate said: Cool, I hope that happens, still waiting for the "official communication" that they mentioned in my ticket.

Thanks for the SLA credits on Lunanode! Much appreciated :)

Thanked by 1perennate
  • SLA

Worth mentioning that gestiondbi.com also honoured an SLA, without a request to.

Thanked by 1gestiondbi
  • Let's say I was not quite sharp haaha. Can't disclose things unless you become a partner (?)

• smansman Member
    edited November 2015

Why was that redundant loop not put in day 1? Who sets up a giant datacenter out in the sticks with supposedly all kinds of venture capital money to burn and not put in redundancy?

Even after the first time their one and only connection over the bridge got cut they apparently didn't have enough sense of urgency to get a redundant loop put in ASAP.

Sounds like they got real lucky that it just so happens the redundant loop was ready to be turned on when this happened. Otherwise it would have been a lot worse.

• sman said: Who sets up a giant datacenter out in the sticks with supposedly all kinds of venture capital money to burn and not put in redundancy?

Everyone knows you have to leave out the redundancy stuff when you ask for venture capital. Otherwise, the people that hand out the venture capital look at the business plan and say "why would I invest in something that's already redundant?"

Thanked by 1elgs
  • doghouchdoghouch Member
    edited November 2015

@perennate said:
    compensation

I got my SLA for my VPS with a OVH reseller :)
    My OVH dedi, I'm not so sure about...

• ANyone hear what kind of credit we are getting?

• @FalconInternet said:
    ANyone hear what kind of credit we are getting?

A box of fiber cables shipping to you.

Thanked by 1Shade
  • @FalconInternet said:
    ANyone hear what kind of credit we are getting?

$7

Thanked by 1inthecloudblog
  • @doghouch said:
    I got my SLA :D

??

• So I ended up calling up OVH yesterday twice (once about validation even though I already have active services and always use the same payment) and then a 2nd time about a service that never got provisioned...their phone support is surprisingly pretty good, both times they answered as soon as I was transferred. I did love the 2nd guy's response to my order not being provisioned "uhh it looks like a button never got pushed or something so uhh let me push that button and uhh you should get the email very soon"

• gestiondbigestiondbi Member, Patron Provider

@ATHK said:
    ??

I think he spoke about the SLA credits from his provider who resell over OVH infra.

• FredQcFredQc Member
    edited November 2015

Yeah, got $0,30 from MyCustomHosting :P

• @davidgestiondbi said:
    infra

No, I have a dedi directly with them. Just opened a ticket and they said that SLA would be given automatically.

• gestiondbigestiondbi Member, Patron Provider

@doghouch said:

Like everybody else. So in fact, you don't have them yet?

• doghouchdoghouch Member
    edited November 2015

@davidgestiondbi said:
    Like everybody else. So in fact, you don't have them yet?

I did get SLA for ZXPlay (resells OVH) but for my dedi, not yet.

Thanked by 1perennate
  • @Clouvider said:

Bashing a competidor this way doesnt really shine we'll on you.

Just saying...

Thanked by 1inthecloudblog
  • elijahpaulelijahpaul Member
    edited November 2015

Just received this in response to my request for information regarding SLA credit for Kimsufi servers in BHS-1:

Dear,

After having checked with the good service, I can inform you that no credit/discount will be done for the Kimsufi server range.

Have a good day.
    Best regards,

Xavier
    Conseiller Kimsufi

Disappointing to say the least!

• singsing said: Why the heck would anyone run a single optic fiber as far as I know this stuff is mainly installation cost, if you are going to run it anyways you might as well run enough fibers to last you.

Because when half your capacity suddenly vanishes you won't be able to take the hit on your spare capacity. 95% or 50% packet loss is still really crappy, except with a different pricetag I guess

• perennateperennate Member, Host Rep

elijahpaul said: Disappointing to say the least!

Hm, why would that be disappointing? Kimsufi doesn't have SLA, obviously they're not going to issue credit for that.

• Did any direct customers get SLA credits or the supposed credits email they were going to send? I've gotten nothing yet except the sorry email...

• @ATHK said:
    Did any direct customers get SLA credits or the supposed credits email they were going to send? I've gotten nothing yet except the sorry email...

Hello,

Within the next 3 days you should see a button appear in your OVH Manager to
    get your compensation. I'm staying at your disposal for any other questions or
    requests you might have.

Thank you for trusting OVH and have a nice day!

Best regards,

Goliat H.
    Customer Advocate
    11/12/15 8:35 AM

• @MCHPhil said:
    11/12/15 8:35 AM

That include Kimsufi users as well? I'd assume you're using them as a reseller not personally?

• @ATHK said:
    That include Kimsufi users as well? I'd assume you're using them as a reseller not personally?

All MCH servers are with OVH directly. I do not know about the resellers or etc.. I thought you were interested in direct OVH, sorry for the confusion.

• sman said: Even after the first time their one and only connection over the bridge got cut they apparently didn't have enough sense of urgency to get a redundant loop put in ASAP.

There likely WAS no redundant loop and it thus had to be built from a nearby (as in possibly 10km+) fibre to the DC - A non-DC location like a power plant or small industrial park does usually not have dual fiber entries, especially that far outside.

• agoldenbergagoldenberg Member, Host Rep

Looks like they are having issues again. My servers are missing from my dashboard.

• I was able to load dashboard. 1 dedicated server, 3 VPS servers all available.

• DustlabDustlab Member
    edited November 2015

@perennate said:
    Kimsufi doesn't have SLA, obviously they're not going to issue credit for that.

Except for the huge image on the kimsufi.com frontpage,

And I'll keep my fingers crossed with @elijahpaul;

There's still a chance. This is probably an early cost saving measure by OVH, deny everybody upfront and relent to the % that call bullshit on you.

• Maybe the SLA is over a year ;) 99.9% amounts to 40 minutes of the month.

Thanked by 1doughmanes
  • Post a link and I will check it now.