Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

OVH Canada Down? - Page 5
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

OVH Canada Down?

Comments

• agoldenbergagoldenberg Member, Host Rep

Looks like their inventory system is broken too. Go look at their server pricing at SYS lol! Nothing there!

• Oh, so that's why HF is down?
    I see.

• Hmm can't login to my kimsufi control panel :(

• Will SLA compensation be automatic? Do I need to submit a ticket when it comes online?

• perennateperennate Member, Host Rep

theblackesthat said: Will SLA compensation be automatic? Do I need to submit a ticket when it comes online?

You need to open ticket.

Thanked by 1netomx
  • Support OVH EN ‏@ovh_support_en 2 h il y a 2 heures

Uplink established. BHS is back online!

Thanked by 1netomx
  • @FredQc said:
    Support OVH EN ‏@ovh_support_en 2 h il y a 2 heures

Uplink established. BHS is back online!

Manager is slow still and now using an SSL certificate with SHA-1

Haven't checked my boxes as of yet..

• Still down here :(

• What a day for OVH

• But kudos to OVH to resolving it so quickly. The only concern now is that they need to build real diversity rather than showing diversity in their maps and it turns out to be, I presume, DWDM over the same fibre

• SplitIceSplitIce Member, Host Rep

@linuxthefish said:
    Still down here :(

Their VAC system has been down at various locations off an on for a few hours too.

Thanked by 1linuxthefish
  • MarkTurner said: The only concern now is that they need to build real diversity rather than showing diversity in their maps and it turns out to be, I presume, DWDM over the same fibre

Nah, I would just assume there were multiple fibers but they just got severed at the same time.

Why the heck would anyone run a single optic fiber as far as I know this stuff is mainly installation cost, if you are going to run it anyways you might as well run enough fibers to last you.

• jbilohjbiloh Administrator, Veteran

Has everything returned to normal?

• @jbiloh said:

Not yet servers are up but the website client area and billing are all screwed to pieces.

• A big chunk of the problem has been political. Their attempts to have more diverse routes encountered issues of national borders - US, Canada, and various Indian reservations.

• jarjar Patron Provider, Top Host, Veteran
    edited November 2015

@joshin said:
    A big chunk of the problem has been political. Their attempts to have more diverse routes encountered issues of national borders - US, Canada, and various Indian reservations.

And sometimes the best way to get around those is to go ahead and start paying taxes to increase the weight of your voice. Though, nation borders maybe not so much ;)

• singsing said: Nah, I would just assume there were multiple fibers but they just got severed at the same time.

Why the heck would anyone run a single optic fiber as far as I know this stuff is mainly installation cost, if you are going to run it anyways you might as well run enough fibers to last you.

Looking at the kit in that facility, there is a LOT of DWDM equipment. I expect they have a handful of fibres and just light up another lambda as they need it.

• gestiondbigestiondbi Member, Patron Provider

@jbiloh said:

No. Normal traffic can use the new fiber passing by Montreal, however the main fiber is still down. May take all the night to fix.

This cause issue with the VAC, Internal services and also Quebec intra-routing.

Currently, Montreal ISP pass through EQX NY to came back to BHS via MTL. Quite a mess.

Thanked by 1Nyr
  • @jbiloh said:

Servers are ok, can't login to the managment portal - https://us.kimsufi.com/manager/

Login just spins then redirects to https://us.kimsufi.com/manager/null

• perennateperennate Member, Host Rep
    edited November 2015

Many servers (possibly due to VAC) still unreachable via France.

• Is thier Service back up? I have a Server used for RDP in their france location and was thinking of getting one in Canada for VPN

• gestiondbigestiondbi Member, Patron Provider

@HostHoney said:
    Is thier Service back up? I have a Server used for RDP in their france location and was thinking of getting one in Canada for VPN

Refer to: http://www.lowendtalk.com/discussion/comment/1361936/#Comment_1361936

• Thank you I was having an issue loading some pages I am using my france server for rdp currently and the connection was lagging badly and was unable to load this page and read the comment.

• MarkTurnerMarkTurner Member
    edited November 2015

Seeing another round of outages about 10 minutes ago.

Edited - sustained high packet loss

Thanked by 1netomx
  • SplitIceSplitIce Member, Host Rep

VAC is definitely down (due to packet loss).

With IPs removed from VAC & Firewall you can get reasonable connectivity, but if under VAC (either under attack, or permanent) expect to be offline.

• MarkTurner said: Looking at the kit in that facility, there is a LOT of DWDM equipment. I expect they have a handful of fibres and just light up another lambda as they need it.

Nothing wrong with trying to maximize BW through each fiber.

• Everything seems to be back to normal :)

• Steve said: Everything seems to be back to normal :)

Just wish they would get their payment system up soon, keep getting 500 error when trying to pay for my new orders.

• Coming back slowly but surely.