Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Runabove launches Desktop as a Service (Beta) - Page 7
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Runabove launches Desktop as a Service (Beta)

123457»

Comments

• GM2015GM2015 Member
    edited October 2015

I swear if all Online.net and Hetzner DCs blew up today, mine still wouldn't have any sound just for the sake of it.

I tried your hint and there's only windows audio and windows audio something(both are running) and everthing's enabled, turned to 100% and tests don't play any sound.

Will try that terradini or what drivers but they wanted registration.

TarZZ92 said: Run services.msc as administrator and enable "windows sound"

• GM2015 said: turned to 100% and tests don't play any sound

try change the connection type in vmware view to RDP or the other option.

• I'll eat my shoes.

There are no sound drives installed over rdp, makes me wonder how that's possible.

TarZZ92 said: try change the connection type in vmware view to RDP or the other option.

• GM2015 said: There are no sound drives installed over rdp, makes me wonder how that's possible.

it works fine over RDP. my homeserver has the same feature you just need to enable it properly.

• GM2015GM2015 Member
    edited October 2015

I swear I haven't changed anything significantly.

TarZZ92 said: it works fine over RDP. my homeserver has the same feature you just need to enable it properly.

• Nice necro man, but I think they're killing most DAAS instances tomorrow(27th).

I've looked at my keepassx password entry(it showed 27th September) and the topic is from 27th September too.

But who knows.

GM2015 said: I swear I haven't changed anything significantly.

• sorry to reopen this old thread..
    I am just trying to delete my 'Desktop as a service' but cannot find any option to remove it. Did any one of you managed to delete it?

• howardsl2howardsl2 Member
    edited January 2016

@praveen said:

No, I did not find any delete button either. Maybe the desktop just cannot be deleted at this time?

Thanked by 1praveen
  • Dear Beta tester,

We want to sincerely thank you for the part you played in the successfull completion of Deskaas beta. This service receives Gamma status and price will be 9,99€HT/month from then onwards.

Visit the gamma and leave your e-mail address to be notifed as soon as DeskaaS orders start shipping.

Current Beta services will be stopped on the 17.03.2016 and all data will be deleted.

As a consequence, we strongly invite you to backup your files outside and remove your desk. New « remove » button has been added in your Control Panel for this purpose.

We thank you for your contribution to this Beta and wish to see you soon on the Gamma.

Kind regards,

The RunAbove Deskaas team

• I like how they notify us so early in advance... Not that I'd ever use it for important things, but come on. Two days notice? Every half decent provider should at least give the users a grace period of one week..

Yes, I know it's free. I know that I signed up for a beta - but this is rather an organizational thing. It wouldn't cost them a dime to notify users a bit earlier...

• HBAndreiHBAndrei Member, Top Host, Host Rep

He he, I just got the email myself.
    TL;DR: thanks for playing, now pack up your sh*t and leave :D

Of course, I never put anything on it or ever used it for anything close to being important.

Also 10 euros per month for it seems too much.