Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

What OS are you rocking? - Page 5
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

What OS are you rocking?

1235»

Comments

• SadySady Member

Laptop: Windows 10 ( Wish to have linux, but drivers were giving me a bad time even though it camevwith Ubuntu installed)
    Production servers: All CentOS 6 except one which is on CentOS 7.
    Non-production servers are either running on Debian 6 (mostly) or Ubuntu 14.04.
    Cellphone: Android Lollipop 5.0.1 (I usually try new custom ROM every another week).

• varwwwvarwww Member
    edited August 2015

Disappointing to see so many mature people use Windows 10. Its a shitty botnet and trojan horse. I upgraded my Windows 7 install to Windows 10[to check what is new] and reverted back to 7. It corrupted my previous Windows 7 installation. After it screwed up everything, I went back to Xubuntu 14.04 Used to have overheating problems before with Hybrid Graphics, now it seems to be fixed with Dynamic Power Management: https://wiki.archlinux.org/index.php/ATI#Dynamic_power_management

Xubuntu 14.04 is pretty good compared to other Ubuntu derivatives. Light on resources and smooth!

Servers: Usually Debian/ Ubuntu

Android: AOSP 5.1.1 or Cyanogenmod 12.1

• MaouniqueMaounique Host Rep, Veteran

I also went win 8>10 and regretted. Fortunately someone wanted to buy my laptop and so it went.

• SadySady Member

@varwww said:
    Disappointing to see so many mature people use Windows 10. Its a shitty botnet and trojan horse

Explain with valid reasons if possible.

Thanked by 1TheKiller
  • @Sady said:
    Explain with valid reasons if possible.

https://i.imgur.com/zPF2k89.png

• Kvmba_Kvmba_ Member
    edited August 2015

Development PC: Windows 8.1

Phone: Android 4.4.2 (xiaomi4)

Server 1: Debian 7 X64

Server 2: Debian 7 X64

Server 3: Debian 7 X64

Server 4: Debian 7 X64

Server 38: Debian 7 X64

Server 39: Debian 7 X64

Server 40: Debian 7 X64

`

• Windows 7, 8.1 And CentOs 6 , 7

• souvarinesouvarine Member
    edited August 2015

Desktop: Xubuntu 14.04

Servers: Debian 8

No windows no cry

• Home PC - Windows 10.
    Work Laptop - Windows 10
    Another Laptop - OS X Yosemite :)
    Servers mostly Debian and FreeBSD

• Laptop - Linux Mint

Hosting Servers
    cPanel (Cloud Linux)

Hypervisors 2 centos , 2 Proxmox

coolice said: Laptop - Linux Mint

Tried it, nice looks and all, was a hit with some people looking to switch from windows, but, even opensuse seems snappier, maybe it is my bargain bin hardware or I was unlucky, with xfce4 is still lagging.

• It is less buggy Ubuntu :) Since I use Ubuntu from 9.04 on work laptops I cannot get used to Precise "new big button" interface back then and switch gnome old-desktop, but Ubuntu continue to be buggy (for me), so I do the Mint switch and never look back...

Try Mint with Cinnamon I have no issues with it... I used to get comfortable to has more space at my screen than have top and bottom menus

• @Maounique said:

if xfce is lagging try Lubuntu

• CentOS 6.6, CentOS 7.1, Windows 2008 R2 Desktop Edition for servers

• Desktop: Dual-Boot between Ubuntu 15.04 and Windows 10 Pro 64Bit. Server: Ubuntu 14.04 64Bit.

@varwww said:
    if xfce is lagging try Lubuntu

On Mint?
    Maybe you mean fluxbox or something.
    I did a DSL on an 128 CF card and that was damn fast in 1 GB ram and with a VIA c7-800Mhz, so fast was unreal.

• LXDE + Ubuntu = Lubuntu. But i was playing with all DE and various distros. For my laptop i found out that only mate desktop runs smooth, others were lagging. So i stick with arch + mate.

• mike0000mike0000 Member
    edited August 2015

Servers: Debian

Laptop/Desktop: OS X

I RDP into my Windows VMs if I can't run something or I need to move around a lot of files at 1Gbps.