Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

What OS are you rocking? - Page 3
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

What OS are you rocking?

Comments

• nfnnfn Veteran
    edited August 2015
    Desktop: iMac
    Personal Laptop 1: Antergos
    Personal Laptop 2: MB Air
    Professional Laptop (not mine): W8.1
    VPS: Debian 7/8
    Phone: Android

• gbshousegbshouse Member, Host Rep
    edited August 2015

Laptop #1 - Windows 7

Laptop #2 - Windows 8

Phones - Android

Servers 1..N - Ubuntu, Windows Server

Lab - HPUX, AIX, Solaris, AS400

• Desktop PC: Windows 10

Laptop: Linux Mint

Servers:

CentOS 6 & 7

Ubuntu 14.04.3

Debian

Phone: Android

• DillybobDillybob Member
    edited August 2015

hostnoob said: I've tried Linux a few times at home, but I can never get it working as smoothly as Windows does.

Yeah. Agreed.

Not a lot of people know about this, but:
    https://wtriple.com/wtnmp/

It's essential for any dev environment. You literally get all the logging, configuration files, everything at a click of a button. It makes development so fucking fun & easy. Especially when testing nginx and php environment settings. Then, you can just push out these config files to your linux box (or do w/e), and BOOM! It's my favorite, and I think windows 7 is going to be used for a long time.

• nexusrain said: But why are you monitoring this door? Scared of burglars?

It's the flat entrance door

nexusrain said: And I guess you stream / download Mr. Robot on a legit way? :p

eh, "streaming" is currently unlikely to be illegal in Austria and downloading is also only prosecured on the copyright holders request (which they cant without the end user data, an IP is not enough to get customer data here and a court does not order it for copyright violations) - Though i own Netflix, HBO and some other accounts.

• Laptop: Windows 8.1

Desktop PC: Windows 7

Home Server: CentOS 6.5

6 VPS servers: CentOS

2 VPS servers: Debian7

1 VPS servers: Windows Server 2012 R2 Standard

2 tablets: Android 4.2 and 4.4

2 smartphones: Android 4.2 and 4.4

And all of these are only mine.

• NeoonNeoon Community Contributor, Veteran
    edited August 2015

Windows 7 on MainPC eh, when i hear Windows 10:

All the rest Linux (Debian/Ubuntu).

Thanked by 10xdragon
  • aldothetrollaldothetroll Member
    edited August 2015

Main PC: Windows 10

Second PC: Windows 7

Laptop: Windows 7

Web Server: CentOS 6

Game Server: Debian 8

• @William said:
    It's the flat entrance door

Yea, but why are you monitoring it? Is the lock broken so you have to keep an eye on it all the time? :p

downloading is also only prosecured on the copyright holders request

Nice internet laws you got there in Austria. Better then the German ones.

• NeoXiDNeoXiD Member
    edited August 2015

@nexusrain said:

I guess you start to watch useless sh!t when having 6 freaking monitors. me is jealous

• nexusrainnexusrain Member
    edited August 2015

@NeoXiD said:
    I guess you start to watch useless sh!t when having 6 freaking monitors. me is jealous

Maybe.. Would be more senseful to save energy and shut it off then. I would absolutely loose the overview with so many screens and maybe fill some screens with less senseful stuff.

• NomadNomad Member
    edited August 2015

Laptop: Win 8.1 Ent (Mainly for movies, Diablo etc) Unfortunately for most of my uses I've found *NIX desktop top be a pain in the arse.
    I don't have enough painkillers.

Server and VPS's: Debian 7
    Phone: Android 5
    Banana Pro x2: Always different :D

• GM2015GM2015 Member
    edited August 2015

home laptop: win 7 ==> want debian next time
    home rpi2: raspbian
    do server: ubuntu1404
    vultr trial server: win08 r2
    1 mobile: android 4.x before 4.3

I will try in the future kali, debian and centos, perhaps. I might even look at rhel. But it's not free in commercial environment I believe.

• @GM2015 said:
    I will try in the future kali, debian

Doesn't make much sense as Kali IS Debian, just with a bunch of nice packages pre-installed. So if you're planning to play around with some - go with Kali, otherwise just Debian.

• WilliamWilliam Member
    edited August 2015

nexusrain said: Yea, but why are you monitoring it? Is the lock broken so you have to keep an eye on it all the time? :p

Paranoia. Gives me a minute more if someone kicks in the door to shut down things.

• sinsin Member

I'm using Windows 10 Pro Edition on my main workstation/gaming rig - I really love Windows 10. On all of my web servers I run Debian Jessie although my Ramnode OpenVZ VPS is on Ubuntu 14.04 LTS.

• letboxletbox Member, Patron Provider
    edited August 2015

Macbook pro OS X
    Mackbook Air OS X
    HP Laptop Windows 8.1
    Desktop iMac OS X
    Phones and IPads OS X

• edited August 2015

@Amitz said:
    Debian on all servers (except the cPanel one) and OS X/iOS on everything that is not a server.

Rich German bastagge lol (kidding).
    Cost of mac in Argentina is outrageous. It's cheaper to purchase a flight to Miami buy the mbp (I can't recall if the maths included paying for a hotel ) and make ir back

• sonicsonic Veteran

Lap:Xubuntu + Win 7
    Desktop: Ubuntu + Win 7

• Work desktop: Windows 10

Home desktop: OS X

Notebook: OS X

Servers: Debian variants & windows server 2008

Phone & tablet: iOS

• shrubblesshrubbles Member
    edited August 2015

Desktop: Windows 10 and Arch Linux

Notebook: Arch Linux

• doghouchdoghouch Member
    edited August 2015

Main gaming PC: Windows 7 Ultimate. I mean, who actually likes Windows 10?

Laptop: Windows 7 Ultimate - dual boot with CentOS live. (no, I won't install Windows 10)

Phone (Samsung Galaxy S2X): CentOS dual boot with Android :3

Phone (some generic device): Android 4.4.3.

Phone (S3 LTE): Android 4.4.2.

All my VPS servers: CentOS 6.5 (except for one because the crappy provider only has Debian and Ubuntu).

@AuroraZ, you can abuse the VPS by installing VMWare and putting Slackware on it :P

@ben78, you really don't miss the adware?

• vfusevfuse Member, Host Rep

home/work: OSX

servers: debian 7/8

• Laptop : Windows 8
    Home servers: CentOS/Windows Server 2012
    Mobile: Symbian/Android 5.0/FirefoxOS

• edited August 2015

Desktop/Laptop: Windows 10

Servers:

I've got one running Proxmox, and all VMs/CTs under that run CentOS 6. I've got another dedicated one running CentOS 6 as well.

I used to run a really stable hackintosh on my PC (It's even AMD based), but I decided to get rid of it since I wanted better game support. I might go back to a dual boot setup soon.

• Work Desktop: Windows XP

Home Desktop: Windows 7

Server: Almost Debian 7

Phone: Symbian 8/9

• Server: CentOS, Debian, FreeBSD
    Laptop: Linux Mint

• MaouniqueMaounique Host Rep, Veteran

I am buying selling my computers all the time, so I have very variable OSes.
    My travel laptop, EEEPC 901 with 2 GB 4+16 GB ssds, is windows XP, although I did manage to squeeze a debian and windows 7 in 4 GB the fast ssd in it and used the slow 16 GB other to store programs and whatnot, xp has more breathing space in 4 GB.
    For gaming I have a Brazos platform with windows 7, runs lineage 2 like a champ, the video in the CPU is just fast enough and it has a SSD uncle gave me, no lag in sieges.

All the rest are either Proxmox, xenserver or debians running various kinds of stuff, from freenet and Tor dedicated servers, to a small free WISP routed over Tor.
    I host myself and my neighbour 4 TB of data and it is pretty easy to have a disk with that and add it to proxmox whenever I change the rigs.
    Proxmox is always started from debian on which I add the packages, so some of them have a desktop too.
    On laptops i like opensuse, but i try to convince someone else to adopt a linux distro and only one acceptable was ubuntu studio, so the shared laptop has that.

• edited August 2015

Laptop: Windows 7

Business websites/email (Dallas): CentOS (cPanel/WHM)

Backups (Houston): CentOS 7

VPN/Primary Nameservers (Ashburn): Ubuntu 14.04

MySQL/Secondary Nameservers (Seattle) Ubuntu 14.04

• MSI Laptop: Windows 10 with Vmware/Virtualbox with Ubuntu 14.4, centos6, Kali 2.0 -testing our sites/network, Debian6

desktop windows 7 + emulated virtual linux servers

phone android 5.0.1 - one plus one cyanogen os, With vnc/linux debian installed