Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

What OS are you rocking? - Page 2
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

What OS are you rocking?

Comments

• @Maounique said:

Naia

• MaouniqueMaounique Host Rep, Veteran

Bah, I have a lot of gear and chars there, left botland for a long time, though, even the clanhall has been lost.

• nexusrainnexusrain Member
    edited August 2015

PC: Win 7 Ultimate 64bit + Kali Linux (Multiboot)

Laptop: Win 7 Pro 32bit + Kali Linux (but right now I'm about to install Win 8.1 64bit + Kali 2.0 on it)

Servers: Debian 7 or Ubuntu 14.04 but got a 3$/m Win VPS running Win Server 2012

That's how it may look like for me when I grew up :D (guess you're having this on mutiple screens)

But why are you monitoring this door? Scared of burglars?

+1 for "Familien im Brennpunkt"

And I guess you stream / download Mr. Robot on a legit way? :p

• Windows XP on the desktop (I know, EOL), latest ChromeOS on the Chromebook.

• @Maounique

Yes indeed its botland, and these past 2 years i'm only login for chat and some small fun with friends :)

• Been using this beast for almost 5 years now for development. Never had an issue and love Windows 7 for life :)

For servers, latest debian 64 bit obviously =]

• KupolKupol Member
    edited August 2015

Home desktop: Gentoo

Work desktop: Arch Linux

Servers are mix of Debian and FreeBSD.

• hostnoobhostnoob Member
    edited August 2015

Laptops: Windows 7
    Servers: Debian 7

• @Dillybob said:

Been using this beast for almost 5 years now for development. Never had an issue and love Windows 7 for life :)

For servers, latest debian 64 bit obviously =]

Same. Even though people love to talk shit about Microsoft, Windows 7 is great, and so was XP.

I've tried Linux a few times at home, but I can never get it working as smoothly as Windows does.

Debian is king as a server OS though

• @William said:
    Main: OS X on Hackintosh :)

https://prnt.li/Screen_Shot_2015-08-23_at_15_53_46_1B8A0880.png

Laptop: OpenSUSE

Isn't Hackintosh a huge PITA? Tried it 2 times or so and dear god, ate up whole weekends but in the end there were always tons of bugs, including freezes and whatnot.

To stay on topic: Windows 10 for Desktop & Laptop, Raspbian for my idling Raspi at home (>400 days uptime, does absolutely nothing though) and CentOS 7 for all my servers. Also having Android on my smartphone.

• Currently Windows 10 on PC, OS X Yosemite on Mac and a mix of Ubuntu 14.04 and Debian 7/8 on my servers.

• WebProjectWebProject Host Rep, Veteran
    edited August 2015

Desktop PC: Windows 10 Pro

Personal Server: Ubuntu

Development Server: Centos and Ubuntu

• @mpkossen said:
    My solution is Windows 10 with a big-ass Ubuntu VM for stuff like terminal and linux-only tools. Works like a charm to be honest.

What do you use? VirtualBox?

• elwebmasterelwebmaster Member
    edited August 2015

Laptop: ChromeOS - rock solid, I can't stand the maintenance for all other OS (like when you install programs and then uninstall them, yet some parts still remain, do that enough times and you need to reinstall the OS or run out of SSD space, same on Windows, same on Mac, same on Linux)

Server 1: boot2docker

Server 2: Proxmox

Server 3: Windows 10 - this is a "just in case" machine if I need something that doesn't work on Linux/ChromeOS, about twice a year may be

• So many people still use Windows. Strange!

(My last windows install probably was something like 15 years ago - I don't miss it!).

• gestiondbigestiondbi Member, Patron Provider

• alsemanyalsemany Member
    edited August 2015

Debian

all what I need I found in Debian

All My Servers Debian

my home server Debian

my laptop Debian

Thanked by 3Zappie Amitz Pwner
  • Slackware
    Centos
    Debian
    Android
    Windows 7

Wish more hosts would support Slack. Ah well.

• NeoXiD said: Isn't Hackintosh a huge PITA? Tried it 2 times or so and dear god, ate up whole weekends but in the end there were always tons of bugs, including freezes and whatnot.

If you have the right hardware - notably a well supported mainboard, best case one of a handful Gigabyte series boards - it installs fine with an installer made by Unibeast (needs a Mac though, VM works), run Multibeast after for audio/network/some other stuff and bam, works.

I have a pretty well supported GB board, Atheros network is broken so i have a cheap Intel card, updates from app store (since 10.10.2 all done this way) and it works just fine (except that upgrades break audio, so run multibeast once more and done)

• Main PC: Windows 7

Development VM 1 on main PC: Windows 7

Development VM 2 on main PC: Ubuntu 15.04

Laptop: Windows 7

HTPC: Windows 7

Low-end VPSes: Debian 7

Phone: Android 5.1

• Fedora 21 or CentOS 7.

• For work, I use primarily Windows 7 and, in some cases, Windows XP (I know it is ancient, but a ready DTP printing system with A3-A2 laser postscript printers with specific drivers or some proffesional unbalanced sound cards from Terratec and Creative cannot be setup properly in 7+...).

Lee said: Purely because I was spending too much time on Ubuntu making software work that I really needed whilst over at Windows everything was just as I needed it.

And that's the reason I am using for work mostly Windows (I have not switched to 8-10 beacuse 7 is mature enough for the uses I want/need). Software that is being used by me/my co-workers is QuarkXpress, Adobe Suite, Sony Vegas, Edius, Adobe Audigy / CoolEdit Pro, Blue FX etc.
    It is sad, but those programs cannot work in Linux (most of them can in Mac but I do not like Apple at all...)

For web purposes (surfing, servers, virtualization, networking, converting, viewers, office etc.) I use mostly Ubuntu and Debian.
    In some pc we use in our office for text writing/surfinc/communicate/music etc., I have installed PC-Linux, Anti-X and Lubuntu, all Debian based.

• ScienceOnlineScienceOnline Member
    edited August 2015

Laptops: xubuntu

Servers: centos

Phones and tablets: android

• Oh come on, Familien im Brennpunkt... Really...?

• GeekoineGeekoine Member
    edited August 2015

laptop: Lxle and Manjaro

server: Ubuntu 14.04

• @David_P said:
    What do you use? VirtualBox?

Yes sir. I don't like Oracle and started to dislike them even more since they bought MySQL (and started to ruin it), but VirtualBox is quite good!

Thanked by 2Davidx Maounique
  • Pyr02k1Pyr02k1 Member
    edited August 2015

Home PC: Windows 7 w/ Linux Mint VM. Dual booted to a Linux Mint system (if I'm trying to force myself to stay away from H1Z1 and BF).
    Laptop: Arch Linux
    Home Server: Debian 7 w/ ZFS
    All VPSs: Debian 7/8
    Work PC: Linux Mint
    Work Remote PCs (80 of 212): CentOS 6
    Other Work Remote PCs (older 132 of 212): Windows 7

• salakis said: Oh come on, Familien im Brennpunkt... Really...?

haha, yes, i like to see stupid germans getting paid by RTL to do stupid shit - its actually quite funny if you see its real value, which is zero

• miaumiau Member
    edited August 2015

openSUSE for all servers.

Windows for general desktop.

openSUSE for work laptop.

• William said: stupid germans getting paid by RTL to do stupid shit

For me personally it's almost kinda sad as it's most of the time in North Rhine-Westphalia, which is where I grew up. But other than that I have to agree with your opinion on it.

To get back to the topic:

Laptop: Mac OS X

Desktop: Windows 10

Servers: Ubuntu Server 14.04 (apart from one or two exceptions)