Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

mailcow - a (complete) mail server suite - Page 8
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

mailcow - a (complete) mail server suite

1234568»

Comments

• Hi,

Is there a way to do an "Out Of Office" or a message saying that this mailbox is not in use and to rather contact on xyz address?

Thanks,

• SpartanHostSpartanHost Member, Host Rep

@jeromeza said:
    Hi,

Is there a way to do an "Out Of Office" or a message saying that this mailbox is not in use and to rather contact on xyz address?

Thanks,

Setup an on leave auto reply on roundcube?

• Do you plan on adding support for ‘ambiguous’ passwords?

• jeromezajeromeza Member
    edited November 2015

@servercow - Any way to whitelist servers with bad rDNS and "Helo command rejected: Host not found"?

I've got a domain sending me email but it's being blocked due to HELO hostname rejection. I'd like to whitelist it as its legit mail, albeit very badly configured.

Nov 20 19:59:35 meyling postfix/smtpd[10689]: NOQUEUE: reject: RCPT from unknown[209.203.37.214]: 450 4.7.1 : Helo command rejected: Host not found; from= to= proto=ESMTP helo=

EDIT:

I've edited /etc/postfix/main.cf and added a line:

check_client_access hash:/etc/postfix/mailcow_whitelist_helo

Then added IP to /etc/postfix/mailcow_whitelist_helo to allow it to be ignored.

root@meyling:/etc/postfix# cat /etc/postfix/mailcow_whitelist_helo
    209.203.37.214 OK

Ran postmap to update changes

postmap /etc/postfix/mailcow_whitelist_helo

Lastly reloaded Postfix

service postfix reload

Is this sufficient or is there a better way?

edited November 2015

Hmmm - the above hasn't worked for me. Anyone know why or have a solution I could try?

I think check_client_access hash:/etc/postfix/mailcow_whitelist_helo had to be check_helo_access perhaps? - Still not working though....

• @jeromeza said:
    Hmmm - the above hasn't worked for me. Anyone know why or have a solution I could try?

I think check_client_access hash:/etc/postfix/mailcow_whitelist_helo had to be check_helo_access - I think this may have resolved the issue. Testing...

edited November 2015

@simonindia said:

That's NOT a smart thing to do. You'll open yourself up to SPAM.

I want a way to whitelist this one domain before the HELO check.

• For those who are curious I fixed my above problem.

Nov 20 19:59:35 meyling postfix/smtpd[10689]: NOQUEUE: reject: RCPT from unknown[209.203.37.214]: 450 4.7.1 : Helo command rejected: Host not found; from= to= proto=ESMTP helo=

EDIT:

I've edited /etc/postfix/main.cf and added a line (check_client_access hash:/etc/postfix/mailcow_whitelist_helo):

smtpd_recipient_restrictions = permit_sasl_authenticated,
       permit_mynetworks,
       check_client_access hash:/etc/postfix/mailcow_whitelist_helo
       reject_non_fqdn_helo_hostname,
       reject_unknown_helo_hostname,
       reject_unknown_reverse_client_hostname,
       reject_unauth_destination

Then added IP to /etc/postfix/mailcow_whitelist_helo to allow it to be ignored.

root@meyling:/etc/postfix# cat /etc/postfix/mailcow_whitelist_helo
    209.203.37.214 OK

Ran postmap to update changes

postmap /etc/postfix/mailcow_whitelist_helo

Lastly reloaded Postfix

service postfix reload

All working now - my previous was problem was that I added the line to the wrong section. I had it listed under sender and not recipient. Thus I can whitelist domains with bad rDNS by adding them to /etc/postfix/mailcow_whitelist_helo

• Just giving the install a try on digitalocean finally on deb 8 32b.
    Nice job op.

• DamianDamian Member

THREAD RESURRECTION: go go go go !!

Anyone still using this? It looks like it hasn't been updated since late 2015, and it looks like there's been quite a few issues in this thread. Just wondering if anyone is having problems with it before committing to it.

• jarjar Patron Provider, Top Host, Veteran

@Damian said:
    Anyone still using this? It looks like it hasn't been updated since late 2015, and it looks like there's been quite a few issues in this thread. Just wondering if anyone is having problems with it before committing to it.

Dude, iredmail. I mean this is great but yeah, it takes a few years to truly see someone's commitment to a project. It's clear, at this point, that iredmail is not going anywhere for a while.

Thanked by 1deadbeef
  • I don't get it, so use mailcow and if you run into issues just fix them yourself.

• @tehrawrz is still using it, haven't heard anything from him. Nothing too complex though.

@jarland said:
    Dude, iredmail. I mean this is great but yeah, it takes a few years to truly see someone's commitment to a project. It's clear, at this point, that iredmail is not going anywhere for a while.

Looks like their website got updated since the last time I visited it. Will have to spin it it up on a DO instance and test it out again.

• I have my personal mail server with mailcow... Check github and see last changes there.

• yeah andryyy is still active: https://github.com/andryyy/mailcow

Seems lighter than iredmail, and with more possibilities than iRedMail free. Pretty good stuff imo. Congrats @Servercow !

• is that possible to used rotating ip for outgoing mail? or any other schema to preventing spam for 1 ip usage?

Thanked by 1Dormeo
  • DewlanceVPSDewlanceVPS Member, Patron Provider

Live Demo is not working, Can we use it to monitor email? (Outgoing/Incoming?)

• laelae Member

I'm actually also using the master branch of mailcow as well.

• DeanDean Member

I got rid of it when I found mails stopped arriving at the destination - they just disappeared as though they never existed.

Worked out better for me to switch to MXRoute in the end.

• DamianDamian Member

I ended up sticking with hMailServer despite my continuous dislike of Windows. Mailcow was a bit too basic, including a lack of viable logging about what it's doing, and iRedMail was a bit too complex and unwieldy.

• New release is out https://github.com/andryyy/mailcow/releases/tag/v0.14rc1

A lot of changes have been made, please be aware, that mailcow 0.14 removes Z-Push and DAV functionality.

mailcow 0.14 instead provides you with SOGo and Roundcube which you can choose from.

Upgrading from 0.13 will use Roundcube for mailcow 0.14. Upgrading to mailcow 0.14 with SOGo is not possible with this installer due to different password hashing and more.

You can export your DAV data with a client, backup your /var/vmail directory and install mailcow 0.14 with SOGo on a clean system.

Upgrading has not been fully tested yet!

Thanked by 1pechspilz
  • twiigltwiigl Member

Hmpf why are mxroute and mailcow removing Z-Push? Is there a reason for it and a alternative?

• Cause mailcow now uses SOGo

SOGo provides native Microsoft ActiveSync support. Mobile devices such as Apple iPhone, Android, Windows Phone, and BlackBerry 10 can fully synchronize emails, contacts, events and tasks with SOGo.

SOGo offers native Microsoft Outlook compatibility using the OpenChange backend developed by Inverse. No plugins are required in Outlook to make this work.

there is no need for z-push

Thanked by 1twiigl
  • d2itsmed2itsme Member
    edited July 2016

is it can be used in open vz?

• itgodsitgods Member

@d2itsme said:
    is it can be used in open vz?

Indeed.

• Also, is there a way to configure AutoDiscover?

• And is there a way to import a PST file?

• mailcheapmailcheap Member, Host Rep

Looks great; clean interface & lots of features.