Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

mailcow - a (complete) mail server suite - Page 7
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

mailcow - a (complete) mail server suite

Comments

• @CFarence said: I thought I saw it mentioned somewhere but can't find it, has anyone tried running this on a scaleway C1 server?

I'd like to know, too.

• Will keep you informed. :)

I think the installation on Scaleway servers was fixed with the missing postfix package.

Thanked by 1netomx
  • When you use the ability to send mail to a subfolder (user+tag@domain) - this mail won't get fetched via pop3. Is there any way you or someone reading this thread know(s) to make that possible?

Thanks!

• My guess is you will need to add a subscription of the new subfolder.

Thanked by 1scy
  • ActiveSync is about to come...
    I used Z-Push with IMAP, Card- and CalDAV backend.
    "Real names" are read from mailcow config. Users can change their real name/display name now via control center.
    I will try to add a configurable rate-limit per user, too.

Also: FuGlu is back. We now have a real-time and before-queue scanning mechanism to reject mail and not to bounce it.

New Wiki: https://github.com/andryyy/mailcow/wiki
    Maybe I will switch to GitHub to host mailcow.email

• @servercow wow!!!

Thanked by 1Servercow
  • Just upgraded to 0.12 - All still working solidly after more than a month. Great product. Thanks @Servercow

Thanked by 2netomx Servercow
  • Just set this up without a problem :) I'll be sure to send over a donation later today, thanks @Servercow

Thanked by 1Servercow
  • Thank you, guys! I am testing 0.13 right now on different systems. Hope to release it soon!

• @Servercow said:
    Thank you, guys! I am testing 0.13 right now on different systems. Hope to release it soon!

Will there be any choice regarding web mail like Rainloop or mailpile or afterlogic.org/webmail-lite

• +1 Rainloop

• I shall be looking for a mail service soon.

But looking at mailcow - isn't ispconfig3 a better option? How does it compare?

• Does this support unattended installs? I'd like to add it to our auto installer.

• @keanu said:
    Does this support unattended installs? I'd like to add it to our auto installer.

I do believe it does. Use -uu (or maybe -u) with the install or update script.

• @keanu, you can set inst_unattended="yes" in mailcow.config. :)

Thanked by 1aglodek
  • Hey, mailcow 0.13 can be downloaded!
    See here.

Thanked by 1Anna_Parker
  • iKeyZiKeyZ Veteran
    edited October 2015

@Servercow said:
    Hey, mailcow 0.13 can be downloaded!
    See here.

I've just upgraded this without a problem - although I'm getting the "Postmaster missing/invalid" again after moving to 0.13 with catch-all addresses (I patched before)

• That's weird. Just tried it in the demo and don't have this problem. Can you try your exact domain setup in the demo installation?

• rauppe31rauppe31 Member, Host Rep

@Servercow

I'm using your mailcow since yesterday and it's working very great.
    I've upgraded to 0.13 and now at least the ClamAV and VirusTotal settings are gone. A feature?

• Hi,
    VirusTotal is gone, yes.
    FuGlu was integrated to run as proxied content-filter. It scans your msg live (before-queue) via ClamAV and SA and rejects malicious msgs without bouncing them.

• Looks very nice.
    I have a Debian Jessie server (minimal installation) with nginx, php5-fpm and mariadb already running on it.
    Can I install mailcow without problems or should it be a fresh debian installation?

• I'm testing IT, fantastic!

Please can you give me the right procedure to change the
    default domain that i have set on install script ?

I Think i have to change the SSL certificate and postfix main.cf in
    myhostname =
    mydestination =

Something else ?

• @ServerCow Was there a particular reason VirusTotal was taken out? I was thinking about using their api.

• Good Software

Having a issue regarding the ownership of each email account resulting in a error sending outbound emails from another email account under the same LTD. Any Assistance with this?

• On a completely new installation (Debian 8) it produces the following when visiting the web interface:

ERR_TOO_MANY_REDIRECTS

No changes to anything -- a completely 'vanilla installation'.

• k0nslk0nsl Member
    edited November 2015

It works perfectly in Firefox -- but won't play ball in Chrome. It produces what I wrote above:

ERR_TOO_MANY_REDIRECTS

Thanks for the software. It was a breeze to set up and to get it working, except for this minor issue I encountered.

• How to install not sef signed certificate ?

• @plant said:
    How to install not sef signed certificate ?

https://github.com/andryyy/mailcow/wiki/Replace-SSL-certificate

• Does anyone know what the "Shared" folder is for? It seems to be created by default when creating a new mailbox.

• @pechspilz said:
    Does anyone know what the "Shared" folder is for? It seems to be created by default when creating a new mailbox.

See here: http://wiki2.dovecot.org/SharedMailboxes/Shared

Basically, you can use it to share emails with other users who have access to the Shared folder.

Thanked by 1pechspilz