Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

mailcow - a (complete) mail server suite - Page 4
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

mailcow - a (complete) mail server suite

Comments

• @William excuse the ignorance but is it all in one directory? Still busy provisioning a box to host, so will only install shortly.

• I set this up and love it, I have it running with clamav realtime scanning on a digital ocean 1gb vps.

• Any plans to implement browser-based PGP encryption, like this?

Nice project, btw.

• @ben78 said:
    Is it needed to set up a rule via roundcube to get that working or is it supposed to work magically out of the box? Thanks

It is indeed working ootb. mailcow 0.11.1 will be released soon. (I see I wrote 0.12.1 above, sorry)

@k0nsl said:
    Any plans to implement browser-based PGP encryption, like this?

Nice project, btw.

Thanks! :) Not yet. Most implementations of PGP store the keys on the server, I don't really like this idea. Haven't yet read the article above, but will do it later!

• DeanDean Member
    edited September 2015

@servercow, I receive the following errors when installing:

sed: can't read /usr/local/sbin/mailcow_resetadmin: No such file or directory

includes/functions.sh: line 485: /var/ www/ mail/ rc/ plugins/ carddav/ dbinit/ mysql.sql: No such file or directory

Thanked by 1Servercow
  • @DeanKamitsis said:
    servercow, I receive the following errors when installing:

sed: can't read /usr/local/sbin/mailcow_resetadmin: No such file or directory

includes/functions.sh: line 485: /var/ www/ mail/ rc/ plugins/ carddav/ dbinit/ mysql.sql: No such file or directory

same

Thanked by 1Dean
  • Yes, they changed some pathes today/yesterday. I removed the plugin, this was just an idea anyway. You can pull the current master.zip from GitHub (it is stable).

• If we've installed already, do we need to do anything?

• @Servercow Not sure if you saw my earlier post, but have you looked at implementing SOGo? Something like mailcow that had activesync and roundcube with carddav and caldav integrated into it out of the box would be amazing.

• Dean, you can remove the CardDAV plugin from the roundcube config.inc.php - cannot post the full path without getting blocked.

@kalam: Why do people always watn AS? :) You have amazing push support with IMAP and Dovecot. Something like z-push is a resource killer (with more than 1-2 users) and not as stable as the real AS is. A year ago SOGos AS implementation was very unstable, too.
    Card/CalDAV is perfectly useable in mailcow now. :)

Thanked by 1Dean
  • @Servercow Because then I'm able to add it as an AS account in Outlook, and it syncs the contacts and calendars. Not sure about multi-user performance or stability though, only know that I tested SOGo with iRedMail and appeared to work without any issues.

Something like http://www.arpdev.com/ might be a possibility though.

Thanked by 1netomx
  • @Servercow Might want to check if / var / www exists:

• Ah apologies. Just downloaded the 'release' and didn't clone from Git.

• @Yoda
    If you what download the lastest version as zip file https://github.com/andryyy/mailcow/archive/master.zip

• @servercow

3.0.3Sabre\DAV\Exception\NotImplementedThere was no handler found for this "GET" method

• jarjar Patron Provider, Top Host, Veteran

@Servercow said:
    Why do people always watn AS? :)

Literally welcome to my life. Open source activesync compatible applications are horrible in multi user environments and it's in very high demand.

Thanked by 1Servercow
  • ServercowServercow Member
    edited September 2015

@DeanKamitsis, I guess you already found out that you need a valid Card/CalDAV client? :)
    I personally prefer emClient over Thunderbird. Though TB is open source.

/edit: @DeanKamitsis, I just added a section for this in the README file: https://github.com/andryyy/mailcow/#thunderbird

/edit2: Forgive me the new "Donate" button in the README, please. Most of my daily time is mailcow support, even for some small businesses. I love the idea of open source software and will help you out whenever you have trouble running mailcow! No matter if you make a donation or not.

Thanked by 1Dean
  • @servercow - yes, iOS was also throwing an error..

• DAV can be a pain sometimes. :)
    Every DAV client implementation seems to handle the links differently. It is best to always use the full path to your calendar/address book.
    I will try and add a link to a iOS autoconfiguration page. This will add a mailcow profile to your device with the correct links.

Thanked by 1Dean
  • Got it working - it's looking good so far!

• Liking this so far - Great work @Servercow.

I'm seeing some issues with emails not coming through from .biz domain.

I assume this is SpamAssassin or some such blocking. Is there any easy way to see whats blocked via the GUI or do I need to go and look at logs?

Thanks,

• I am currently busy, but will be available in 2 or 3 hours. Can you mail me the last lines of your mail.log file? I think it is just some recipient restriction blocking a misconfigured server. :) we will find it out, don't worry.

• @Servercow

After installing I just get a completely white screen in the web interface. Nothing in the logs (Not too sure I'm looking in the correct place, though.)
    Any idea?

• netomxnetomx Moderator, Veteran

@servercow

Installing from Debian Jessie, fom Online Cloud, only needs the postfix package to be installed on your config file. It appears that it is installing correctly

• DeanDean Member
    edited September 2015

@netomx - is this scaleway?

would be interesting to get an install script for use on a scaleway server..

@DeanKamitsis said:
    netomx - is this scaleway?

would be interesting to get an install script for use on a scaleway server..

yeah. It works, just install before running the script postfix, or modify the script to install postfix too

I used Debian 9 (9? or 8?, the newest one)

Thanked by 2Dean aglodek
  • DeanDean Member
    edited September 2015

@servercow - I don't mind lending you a scaleway server for a month if you want to make your install script compatible.

@DeanKamitsis said:
    servercow - I don't mind lending you a scaleway server for a month if you want to make your install script compatible.

it is compatible?

• I need to have a look into their specs. Would be nice to have access for a few hours, yes. :) This should be totally enough.

I know some guys running it on Raspberrys and BananaPIs. No problem here.

Thanked by 2netomx aglodek