Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

ChicagoVPS - Update - Page 6
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

ChicagoVPS - Update

Comments

• @pubcrawler said: Hey, anyone seen that Adam Johnston fellow who owned BuffaloVPS? I bet he could shed a lot of light on CVPS and Colocrossing ;)

Does he even exist?

• MunMun Member
    edited November 2012

@Victor I am a customer. Two, I would not be in the least bit surprised that there servers are overloaded. Three I have put support tickets in. I am not asking for support though on this forum, just chatting in the conversation, so really don't need to post my pre-said stuff to them. I am not publishing fiction, rather I am stating hey what about this, people go "no you are wrong....unless...maybe.....". Finally, what you don't want us to talk about hosts that are being, well, fishy? That is glory of the internet, it allows 1000(s) of people to communicate and say yes, no, maybe, sure. and if you say that no that is not what the internet is for, definitely forums are meant for that.

/counter to your rant

• Why are all threads related to CVPS filled with speculations and dramas. >

What is speculation? CVPS created BuffaloVPS and a fictional owner (Adam) to circumvent the rules here and dice up the market. What else do they own? Well game servers. Same routine played there with fictional "non-related" companies.

Short timers forget about that.

CVPS kills the low end market for other providers. BuffaloVPS sells higher priced plans on same gear with same team behind them. Then Colocrossing sells servers to VPS providers. So they know the market, sell the market and cannibalize the small and low cost competitors.

Only tech knowledgeable staff I am aware of Shinkle ran away during this blowup. But then somehow CVPS is fine and overstaffed following that... Hmmm who did the technical work and cleaned up the mess. Wasn't Chris, he's a sales person. Couldn't be Colocrossing's staff, could it?

I object to any more offers on LEB from ChicagoVPS. For starters, they've had FIVE so far this year and several mentions in feature posts this year. Seems really unfair to other providers.

Next, their domain details are proxified, which I thought was prohibited:

Registered through: GoDaddy.com, LLC (http://www.godaddy.com)
    Domain Name: CHICAGOVPS.NET
    Created on: 27-Jul-10
    Expires on: 27-Jul-13
    Last Updated on: 23-Jul-12

Registrant:
    Domains By Proxy, LLC
    DomainsByProxy.com
    14747 N Northsight Blvd Suite 111, PMB 309
    Scottsdale, Arizona 85260
    United States

Administrative Contact:
    Private, Registration [email protected]
    Domains By Proxy, LLC
    DomainsByProxy.com
    United States
    (480) 624-2599 Fax -- (480) 624-2598

Technical Contact:
    Private, Registration [email protected]
    Domains By Proxy, LLC
    DomainsByProxy.com
    United States
    (480) 624-2599 Fax -- (480) 624-2598

Domain servers in listed order:
    NS1.COLOCROSSING.COM
    NS2.COLOCROSSING.COM

• It's pretty funny how you could just ask the people who are behind ChicagoVPS and see what is actually going on. Seems like some of you don't understand...

• @pubcrawler said: Domain servers in listed order:

NS1.COLOCROSSING.COM
    NS2.COLOCROSSING.COM

Colocrossing nameservers? Huh?

• Just so I get the conspiratorial nature fully aired...

Find it fancy that when this site was DDoS'd and dragged down for period of time it was Colocrossing that came to the rescue.

Chief and others in charge need to go backwards and establish chain of events and contacts - who put who in contact with who and what deal was done and why.

I mean, CVPS and Colocrossing didn't have any part in that attack, or did they? Nice to get the second most trafficked site for this industry into your facility, on your network, etc. Privy to all the data and anything else, very simple. Strategic conquest if you wanted to corner a market.

I don't believe LEB/LET to be in cahoots, but I do notice the end result of CVPS being heavily over promoted here and let to run wild stomping on offers from others. BuffaloVPS had 7 offers on LEB last year. ChicagoVPS had 10 offers on LEB last year... That has to stop.

I am asking Chris and Jon to come clean. Stop the gaming.

• @pubcrawler and your are so not going to get anything you asked in the above post. As you will never be satisfied with the answer.

• I think you need to stop posting for a while @pubcrawler....

• @thehackbox lol, your signature applies. XD

• @TheHackBox said: I think you need to stop posting for a while @pubcrawler....

Agreed..I don't know where he gets these ideas from, but they're seriously ridiculous.

• @pubcrawler said: I mean, CVPS and Colocrossing didn't have any part in that attack, or did they? Nice to get the second most trafficked site for this industry into your facility, on your network, etc. Privy to all the data and anything else, very simple. Strategic conquest if you wanted to corner a market.

Those are some awfully possibly-libelous conclusions you're coming to.

The CVPS-ColoCrossing theory is plausible, everything like this goes into tinfoil hat territory.

• I think the illuminati had a BIG part in this.

• @Spencer said: I think the illuminati had a BIG part in this.

• @Spencer said: I think the illuminati had a BIG part in this.

And this is why we need the thanks button back.

• Yeah well I know from a birdy a story about a boy who was slighted by the folks at hand. That boy knows what happened this weekend. I know the above folks (CVPS and Colocrossing) don't want reality coming out. So we have this organized chaos. Screw Jeremiah and send him packing and blame the problem on Solus... Nifty diversions.

I don't care anymore what happened with CVPS break in. It's clear it was an inside job and perhaps a justifiably angry business "partner". It wasn't SolusVM security (although that could be improved - most things in life can).

What I care about are the legions of unscrupulous vendors like these who make this market and offers in general a pain in the rear. Oversold nodes, non existent support, constant bogus excuses, multiple brands, retail pricing with non expiring "specials". Whole bunch of big issues.

Think about the volume of ads posted for the Chicago/Buffalo hydra and look where Colocrossing sits in this. I see growing number of the offers on Colocrossing's network. LEB/LET is turning into Colocrossing's sales channel.

If you are a provider in the VPS space or entering the space, I'd look at other vendors. No question that Colocrossing is competing with it's customers unfairly.

• @Zen said: if you already know and you are so insistent that the truth be told, who better to do so?

This. Anonymously-sourced rumblings don't exactly command very much credibility, least of all on a place like LET.

• @Zen are you thinking that ChicagoVPS could end up on, wait for it, wait for it WHF?

• jarjar Patron Provider, Top Host, Veteran

@pubcrawler said: but I do notice the end result of CVPS being heavily over promoted here and let to run wild stomping on offers from others

In all fairness they were recently held back by the staff here and got a slap on the wrist. I'm not sure I'd go full on conspiracy theory. I've always thought they appeared to have entirely too deep pockets for their services and prices but it's hard to judge private information from afar.

• @ChrisK refugee coupon?

• CVPS will be fine. Colocrossing has the ownership keys to them.

'Nuff said on that.

• @pubcrawler k thanks jeremiah

• HalfEatenPieHalfEatenPie Veteran
    edited November 2012

Ok so here's the damn truth.

Chris bought GS Networks (a game server hosting company) and with it he met Jeremiah. Jeremiah needed work (GS Networks and ChicagoVPS were his side gigs), and Chris knew ColoCrossing needed good network people (he knew a couple of people there) so he referred Jeremiah to them and he got the job.

That's it. Thats how Jeremiah got involved with ChicagoVPS and ColoCrossing. There's no tinfoil hat theories involved.

• Their LA node is down..

• @LAKid said: Their LA node is down..

Up here, on "Los Angeles VPS1" -- for some reason my VPS got shutdown or something. Had to go into Solus and start it up about ten or fifteen minutes ago.

• It's up now again..weird..

• Chris knew ColoCrossing needed good network people (he knew a couple of people there) so he referred Jeremiah to them and he got the job. >

Sure, that's what I am saying. Of course Chris knows what his right hand man is doing.

Saying Chris knew a couple of people there is funny. He's friends with Jon. He worked at Colocrossing subsidiary. Chris offers same services that CC does.

Chris knows all the main people at Colocrossing including the resident gray hair.

What do we need to establish this more? A marriage certificate?

• @HalfEatenPie said: Thats how Jeremiah got involved with ChicagoVPS and ColoCrossing.

That's how his employment started, now what about how it ended?

• As much as we'd like to know what happened internally, I think its their right to privacy as to releasing the details. Its not required, and if they don't want to talk about it then they don't want to talk about it. I don't think we really should be constantly demanding more details.

• GSnetworks link please. I am not sure if it is the one I am thinking of and want to make sure.