Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

ChicagoVPS - Update - Page 8
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

ChicagoVPS - Update

Comments

• @Gary said: So's "an eye for an eye".

We have a tendency to have the same opinions haha

• L.A node is down now...

• @LAKid said: L.A node is down now...

Then open up a support ticket and ask them to take a look at it instead of posting it on an open forum talking about the 1000 VPSes lost and not about LA server uptime.

• @HalfEatenPie If they answer!

• @LAKid: I mean Chris just said he beefed up their support techs.

• my box @LA was down too. Booted via solus panel and it seems to run now. hopefully some techguy is potty-training the server.

• @peppr I did that and it's online again, and it will go down again, and have to go to solus again and again....pitty..

• Ok well a VPS shutdown and an entire node shutdown is two very different things.

My VPS from Buffalo NY was also shutdown randomly (but booted up perfectly fine).

@Liam said: Lay off him... It is all connected, I guess and likely helpful to some.

Gotcha.

• Looks like Jeremiah is not around chicago/buffalo. He is at kansas freelancing there. Any kansas based hosts looking for a techie? Now i feel sad for CVPS. Hopefully they can fill the void and push fire

• @IZP not mine...

Chris is probably not going to answer too this thread, and just let it boil off. The reason as such as I don't think they are going to specify anyways if Jeremiah quit or not because Chris wants Jeremiah back.

I mean just look through the emails and support tickets your received, Jeremiah was like all of the responses that I ever got. If you look on there facebook page he was sales for dedicated servers. I mean hell if you could say any one person was CVPS it was Jeremiah.

• @GetKVM_Ash said: If they all had autoboot, maybe they would still be in business.

And if you guys had licenced his 'AutoBoot' then he also would have been in business.. ;)
    (change in his signature - back with a bang after a week after he's autoinstall'ed)

• @Pats said: And if you guys had licenced his 'AutoBoot' then he also would have been in business.. ;)

(change in his signature - back with a bang after a week after he's autoinstall'ed)

LOL.. Here's what he sent me via private message after that comment:

What about your AutoBoot features like "GetStatus™ Alerts™" and "Proactive™ Monitoring™" ? :)

• FranciscoFrancisco Top Host, Host Rep, Veteran

I'll back pubcrawler on this one.

Here's what has been told to me. I'm a pretty credible person I would think so here you chaps go:

• There was at least 2 owners to the company, likely a 3rd - Chris, Jeremiah, Jon Biloh (ColoCrossing owner)
    • Ownership was split in such a way that Jeremiah didn't have a majority hold within ChicagoVPS
    • Word in #frantech has been that Chris stressed right out over this small disaster and gave his ownership % to Jon. Be it Chris had 51% or whatever, either way, Jon is now in a controlling position for the company
    • Jeremiah left both companies on his own free will but likely felt extremely pressured to do so. Chris confirmed this elsewhere with a statement along the lines of "Jeremiah is no longer needed"
    • Jeremiah did not, I repeat not cause the destruction of the data. Jeremiah was very much dedicated to the company so there's no chance he'd straight up go nuclear on it in a fit of rage
    • When Chris said he suddenly had a full staff handling all of the repair work he was likely referencing to all of the CVPS workers. I know before this all went down Chuck (a solid worker at CC) was also doing grunt work for CVPS (behind the scenes tickets i'm assuming).
    • Don't expect to see Jeremiah working for anything in the hosting business for probably a year. He's likely under a brutal NDA & no-compete stopping him from doing anything or working with anyone.

Take it for what it's worth but i've spent more than just this weekend trying to put together the whole picture in regards to these two companies relationships. In fact it was a rather large mark against us doing business with colocrossing. Jon promised me 100% on the phone that there was no backroom deals/relationships between the two companies.

So who's lying to me? I don't know but I'm less than thrilled.

Francisco

• About the (past and present) ownership of the company - isn't there some public registry in the USA where this can be verified?

• Ash_HawkridgeAsh_Hawkridge Member
    edited November 2012

@Francisco said: So who's lying to me? I don't know but I'm less than thrilled.

There both compulsive liars.

============

Sounds like there is an issue between you and Chris. I don’t see how this has anything to do with ColoCrossing. I treat emails as confidential.

Regards,
    Jon Biloh
    VP Operations, VSNX Corporation
    Office: +1 (800) 518-9716 ext 101
    Mobile: +1 (716) 949-3858
    Fax: +1 (716) 335-9628

============

As somebody else said earlier, these guys are in cahoots and always have been, sharing private information. If i was a provider currently hosted with ColoCrossing, i would be having a serious re-consideration of having your business in there hands.

@rds100 said: About the (past and present) ownership of the company - isn't there some public registry in the USA where this can be verified?

CVPS was a DBA so there isn't any public records on that. There is the NXWS or whatever Chris' parent brand is and he likely owns that fully and is allowed to bring in whoever.

Fran

• @Francisco said: CVPS was a DBA

I am not sure how this DBA thing works in the USA, but don't the people who pay money to a company see the real company name in their credit card statements, paypal history, etc?

@GetKVM_Ash said: As somebody else said earlier, these guys are in cahoots and always have been, sharing private information. If i was a provider currently hosted with ColoCrossing, i would be having a serious re-consideration of having your business in there hands.

I'm confident that Jon wouldn't share anything regarding my account.

He knows that myself & Aldryic are both very vocal people. The last thing he needs is the two of us opening our traps on things.

My service with CC has been fantastic once we got past the initial timeline problems. I'm not happy Jeremiah isn't working there anymore since he was always quick on his feet to reply to tickets and either get them into their proper queue's or completing the ticket.

Chuck is also a very solid worker and handles a lot of our tickets.

As I said, I have no issues with CC in regards to the service we get, especially in the price bracket Jon put us in. I have a problem if suddenly they're competing with their own customers.

CVPS has never been our competition, no matter how much Chris likes to think he is. We get minimal cancellations and the ones we do is mostly people that just didn't need said VM right this second. Sure I wish our 2GB's sold faster but they never have been big movers for us. The ones we sell we make a good profit on. He copied (confirmed by Jeremiah) our $15/y and undercut us on it in hopes of getting under my skin but it didn't.

Francisco

• DC competing against their own client base (since colocrossing is leb fav), this, might be OK in terms of business but not ethical and a really cheap tactic.

• PatrickPatrick Member
    edited November 2012

They are registered under New Wave NetConnect LLC

Registered Agent
    NICHOLAS FABOZZI
    63 LANOCHE CT.
    WILLIAMSVILLE, NEW YORK, 14221
    http://appext9.dos.ny.gov/corp_public/CORPSEARCH.ENTITY_INFORMATION?p_nameid=4076765&p_corpid=4074558&p_entity_name=New Wave&p_name_type=A&p_search_type=BEGINS&p_srch_results_page=2

Can't find information on CVPS itself though as there a DBA of NWNC

• Its a shame that jeremiah left chicagovps

• AlexBarakovAlexBarakov Patron Provider, Veteran

@Francisco

I can back Fran at pretty much every point he put out. This is the information I have about cvps and colocrossing as well. Done some research the past couple of days, as I am affected by the whole thing directly, especially the point in me considering moving all my servers to colocrossing in all locations. And that's pretty much what I was able to put together as well.

• @Taz said: but not ethical

1st you need ethics to be unethical

• The company appears to be on his daddy, Nicholas Fabozzi

• Can i just ask, can anybody confirm how old Chris actually is, since he called me "Young".

• I miss thanks button. ^mitgib.

• jarjar Patron Provider, Top Host, Veteran

@Taz said: DC competing against their own client base

Perfectly fine, happens most of the time. Lying about it is another story.

• @Taz said: DC competing against their own client base (since colocrossing is leb fav), this, might be OK in terms of business but not ethical and a really cheap tactic.

Oh.
    We do it, OVH does it, Hetzner as well.... and so on ;)

• InfinityInfinity Member, Host Rep
    edited November 2012

@pubcrawler said: Anyone notice that @jshinkle is a "DISABLED" account on Lowendtalk now?

Hello there, let's clear this once and for all.. He requested to be disabled, he also voluntarily left ColoCrossing and ChicagoVPS out of his own will and was not forced to do so due to personal reasons.

Edit: Oh it seems Fran got here quicker than me.

• Thanks for the clarification , Humza