Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

BoltVM IP Changes - Page 6
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

BoltVM IP Changes

12346»

Comments

• joepie91joepie91 Member, Patron Provider
    edited June 2015

Traffic said: And in Spain as well (I also think it's European-wide). And if you ordered remotely (internet, phone) you get extra protection - you can request a refund within X days without any kind of explanation or it being partial, even contracts for services, you can reverse it within that time. You must get your full payment refunded.

Yeah, we have the same for remote purchases, because of the "reduced barrier to purchase" (ie. you can be convinced more easily, this dates back to the selling-at-your-door era, but is still relevant with ecommerce).

Full refund only applies for the "reversal period" for remote purchases here, though - for warranty cases, the store is only required to provide you either an equivalent 'conform' product, or store credit. They don't necessarily need to provide a cash refund (although some stores do).

• joepie91 said: Full refund only applies for the "reversal period" for remote purchases here, though - for warranty cases, the store is only required to provide you either an equivalent 'conform' product, or store credit. They don't necessarily need to provide a cash refund (although some stores do).

That's what I meant (I was referring by full payment to the remote orders case - I understand I wasn't clear enough). We have the same in shops, most smaller shops don't refund money but give store credit or a similar product, big ones do guarantee money back within X days but they aren't "per law" - only remote orders are.

• @joepie91 said:
    The same applies here. The provider is knowledgeable about how the business is run, and whether his plans are sustainable or not. The customer is not. It's up to the provider to not deliver services they cannot provide, regardless of the price.

Yes, the business should be pricing at a rate that can be sustained, but when shit happens (Like this) sometimes it cannot be helped, no matter what happened here notice was given. And here in the UK similar protective laws are in place, most things you can return to the store within 28 days if you were not happy with it and they will either replace it, refund you or give you some sort of store credit.

• I'm willing to give a new venture a break or two. Repeating the same goofup over and over is what puts someone on the AVOID list.

P.S : Don't put all your eggs in one basket.

• mikhomikho Member, Host Rep

@joepie91

I'm not referring to BoltVM specifically, nor do I say it should be infallible. The statement of yours I was responding to, is much, much wider than that, and seems to indicate you can't have any expectations at all. That is what my statement refers to.

But this thread is about BoltVM and their actions/reactions after an IP change AFTER the product was delivered. There is a huge difference between "not delivered as advertised" and "broke while in use".

Thanked by 1vladka24
  • joepie91joepie91 Member, Patron Provider

mikho said: But this thread is about BoltVM and their actions/reactions after an IP change AFTER the product was delivered. There is a huge difference between "not delivered as advertised" and "broke while in use".

Sure. But sleddog's 'general' statement was in this thread, so I responded to it here. Nothing I can do to move it :)