Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

BoltVM IP Changes - Page 3
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

BoltVM IP Changes

Comments

• @BharatB said:
    Steven_F If im worthy to even advice I'd say there are many providers in this forum who don't mind helping a fellow provider if he's upto mark and honest. Theres nothing wrong if you accept financial assistance from one of them. This sort of situation could've been avoided.

30 minute notice for such important change isn't acceptable if anyone is hosting production based projects on your servers.

If you had read the OP and previous posts, you would have read that they gave 30mins notice for the new IP's to be live, with an additional 24-48 hours on top of that to change the DNS records. While a few days or even a week or so would be nice in this sort of situation, its most definitely not the end of the world.

• BharatBBharatB Member, Patron Provider

@SNetworks1 said:
    If you had read the OP and previous posts, you would have read that they gave 30mins notice for the new IP's to be live, with an additional 24-48 hours on top of that to change the DNS records. While a few days or even a week or so would be nice in this sort of situation, its most definitely not the end of the world.

Its not the end of world alright but not everyone thinks so isn't it :)

• NdhaNdha Member

@Steven_F said:
    Please open a ticket, Virtualizor will ruin your networking if you change the main IP address.

i change main IP because i can't access it, unreachable..

so i change to new ip, so if new IP resolved, i will not change again in you CP..

• rokokrokok Member

@Steven_F thanks for the update, keep us informed :)

@BharatB stfu

• @Rob92 said:
    Wow. Literally just changed my IP address from the panel and got that email 5 minutes later saying not to >.>

Edit: But what's this?! It worked just fine o.o

What OS are you using? CentOS and Ubuntu are getting knocked offline, though it's possible it doesn't ALWAYS screw everything up.

@rokok said:

Well I don't bother with kids really.

• Rob92Rob92 Member

@Steven_F said:
    What OS are you using? CentOS and Ubuntu are getting knocked offline, though it's possible it doesn't ALWAYS screw everything up.

I'm using Ubuntu 12.04.5. Doing ifconfig shows both IP addresses and the new one is set as main as I am currently connected through SSH with it. If you want me to PM you the ifconfig info I can do that as I don't want to publicly post the IP addresses :P

• Using Ubuntu here, old IP went offline, changed to the new one in the CP and hit restart and the was pinging within a few seconds.

• Rob92Rob92 Member

@Umcookies said:
    Using Ubuntu here, old IP went offline, changed to the new one in the CP and hit restart and the was pinging within a few seconds.

Yep exactly the same thing here

• NekkiNekki Veteran

@BharatB said:
    Well I don't bother with kids really.

You're on the wrong forum then mate, it's either kids or adults acting like kids.

• AcacyAcacy Member

I managed to change old ip from IP settings and it work on centos 6

• Never really cared about blacklists so don't know if I'm looking in the correct area but mxtoolbox leads me to believe that my new address is actually fairly clean. Listed only against OSPAM.

• @Steven_F said:
    Unfortunately, I rarely keep more than a few hundred dollars on hand in our PayPal account/accounts that PayPal has access to. If he had been willing to wait until Monday, this could have been resolved without issue.

Well that's just not fair or true. If you had the funds in your bank account and had a debit card attached to your paypal, you could have made the payment when I stated we would revoke for nonpayment if payment wasn't received that day and it would have cleared that day (no e-check business). Moving funds between bank accounts is also instant, so that's not a great excuse either. You flat out told me you didn't have the money because a client didn't pay you. 1 1/2 months overdue and you can't pay a $1200 invoice. That was enough to make us pull the plug.

@Nekki said:
    You're on the wrong forum then mate, it's either kids or adults acting like kids.

Still fun to be around :)

• NekkiNekki Veteran

Zing.

• AnthonySmithAnthonySmith Member, Patron Provider

@kcaj sorry I did not get a notification you replied, you make an equally valid point, sadly we cant all start up with 10 employees and have to start somewhere.

Regarding the sole trader vs ltd well I considered both options but as I was serious about building an actual business I went for the Ltd, you are not as unaccountable as you might think as a director the companies act 2006 is pretty strict when you get to the fine detail.

I suppose it can go either way, with 1 person especially if it is the only income will work damn hard (or at least should) to keep things right, obviously no one is immune to the 'hit by a bus tomorrow' theory and I agree doing it properly gives equal and joint authority in the shape of a few directors but that is not always possible either.

I think as I consider your point of view vs mine I think we are both probably right depending on the circumstances which ultimately means it is down to the actual person behind the company but I do agree 1 man companies are more vulnerable.

Thanked by 1J1021

@SkylarM said:
    Well that's just not fair or true. If you had the funds in your bank account and had a debit card attached to your paypal, you could have made the payment when I stated we would revoke for nonpayment if payment wasn't received that day and it would have cleared that day (no e-check business). Moving funds between bank accounts is also instant, so that's not a great excuse either. You flat out told me you didn't have the money because a client didn't pay you. 1 1/2 months overdue and you can't pay a $1200 invoice. That was enough to make us pull the plug.

Popcorn time :)

• @SkylarM said:

I keep our business account connected and not my personal account. I intentionally keep limited funds in the business account, because I've been hit with large charge backs in the past and while we win them (it's always clients being jerks, get the services and then they just want their money back, it's insanity), it can take a few weeks.

My personal and business accounts are in separate banks, so transferring funds takes 3 - 5 business days, though I've seen it happen in 2 if it's a smaller amount.

• rokok said: This become total mess, first email instruction change from panel, now new email arrives dont change from panel

No. The first email said you could get the new IP in the panel. It said nothing about changing the default main IP.

• joepie91joepie91 Member, Patron Provider

SkylarM said: If you had the funds in your bank account and had a debit card attached to your paypal

Huh. Bank -> PayPal payments are same-day in the US?

Thanked by 1TheHackBox
  • @joepie91 said:
    Huh. Bank -> PayPal payments are same-day in the US?

not from bank to paypal, but debit card (bank card) to paypal is when you set the card as your backup payment option.

• joepie91joepie91 Member, Patron Provider

SkylarM said: not from bank to paypal, but debit card (bank card) to paypal is when you set the card as your backup payment option.

Ah. I guess that's because debit cards work somewhat like credit cards there. Here, a bank card doesn't even have a 'CC number' - it's literally just a card for ATMs, payment terminals and e-banking, so you really have to link your bank account directly to your PayPal account.

Any withdrawal in either direction takes 3-5 days. If you're lucky.

@SkylarM not in any way trying to tell you how to do things, and I don't know the specifics but would not not have made things easier all round for you guys, BoltVM and hundreds of others if you just accepted an immediate albeit smaller partial payment of a few hundred (or what ever it was) for an extension until Monday?

Worst case scenario you still don't get paid on Monday/Tuesday but at least you get a partial recovery rather than the nothing you seem to suspect your going to get (not saying you wont get paid but it seems to be the suspicion that caused the action).

Again not taking sides, just seemed like a more amicable way of doing things given the far reaching affects.

• LeeLee Veteran

AnthonySmith said: not in any way trying to tell you how to do things

Seems like you are and have.

Lee said: Seems like you are and have.

Naa, just thinking out loud, seemed like a possible better outcome for everyone was all.

Thanked by 1J1021
  • LeeLee Veteran

Maybe, but lets not forget the real issue here, the bill was substantially overdue, so lets not try and make Skylar look like the bad guy here by saying he could have tried harder to come to a solution.

edited June 2015

Lee said: Maybe, but lets not forget the real issue here, the bill was substantially overdue, so lets not try and make Skylar look like the bad guy here by saying he could have tried harder to come to a solution.

Sorry if it seemed that way to you, not my intent, to be perfectly honest I think Skylar is clearly a better/nicer person than I am as I would have reached that point at 7 days so the time given has been way beyond fair.

I just found myself genuinely curious as to why if it got so far anyway and the offer of a partial settlement was made it was not taken in exchange for a very short extension relative to the time already overdue, at least if for no other reason than to call any possible bluff.

• LeeLee Veteran

AnthonySmith said: as I would have reached that point at 7 days

I have a quite a bit of IP space out there, I feel generous at the 5 days I have in contract and enforce with no exceptions so I agree with that. However the fact he has let it go this far does indicate he has been very generous.

Thanked by 1AnthonySmith
  • And this reminds me to make sure recurring payments are setup on my Crissic colo plan..

Thanked by 1Traffic
  • I got notified on the 5th, when I was distracted with my aunt going on hospice. Not Skylar's fault, but had I received another bump before this week, it would have been paid.