Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

BoltVM IP Changes - Page 4
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

BoltVM IP Changes

Comments

• vladka24vladka24 Member
    edited June 2015

Will you still change the ips again?

• Sounds like it, change now to CC, change later to ARIN. I would search for a new provider, too much work.

• time to switch when your provider cant keep track of bills they need to pay.

• sinsin Member

SkylarM said: not from bank to paypal, but debit card (bank card) to paypal is when you set the card as your backup payment option.

Instant Payment is an option when you have your bank and card attached (although it depends on a variety of statistics and your history according to Paypal). I make instant payments through Paypal daily and it's withdrawn from my bank account on the 2nd day.

• @vladka24 said:
    Will you still change the ips again?

Yes, but it'll be much more organized.

• @Steven_F said:
    I got notified on the 5th, when I was distracted with my aunt going on hospice. Not Skylar's fault, but had I received another bump before this week, it would have been paid.

I mean, you got 5 emails plus a manual bump from me on skype. Initial invoice creation on 4/21, reminder 1 on 4/29, reminder two on 5/02, reminder three on 05/03, reminder four on 05/04 and my reminder via skype on the 5th. Your due date has been the same for months as well.

• @SkylarM said:
    I mean, you got 5 emails plus a manual bump from me on skype. Initial invoice creation on 4/21, reminder 1 on 4/29, reminder two on 5/02, reminder three on 05/03, reminder four on 05/04 and my reminder via skype on the 5th. Your due date has been the same for months as well.

I take responsibility, but those were the days we were moving her to hospice, so those were literally days I was out.

• William said: I would search for a new provider, too much work.

Changing an A record or two is too much work? Time to stop editing those zones files by hand. :)

• WilliamWilliam Member
    edited June 2015

sleddog said: Changing an A record or two is too much work? Time to stop editing those zones files by hand. :)

Why would you change it at all? You can EXPECT your provider to be stable enough to keep it's IPs. Simple as that. If not you should avoid them entirely.

• William said: Why would you change it at all? You can EXPECT your provider to be stable enough to keep it's IPs. Simple as that. If not you should avoid them entirely.

I agree. But that's different reasoning than your "too much work" argument :)

Thanked by 1TheHackBox
  • hbjlee17hbjlee17 Member, Host Rep

maybe "too much work" = "work that is not necessary/required" :)

• tragictragic Member

If he didn't have enough money to pay a 1 1/2 month overdue invoice because a client didn't pay, I feel bad for BoltVM customers.

Thanked by 3MikePT alexvolk BharatB
  • I think it might be more because the clients only pay $18/year

• @tragic said:
    If he didn't have enough money to pay a 1 1/2 month overdue invoice because a client didn't pay, I feel bad for BoltVM customers.

But he spends more money than people here :

http://lowendtalk.com/discussion/comment/988404/#Comment_988404

• J1021J1021 Member
    edited June 2015

alexvolk said: But he spends more money than people here

Does he though? He posted in a thread where the topic of conversation is how much you spend on hosting and then ridiculed somebody for asking how much he spends on hosting.

Thanked by 1BharatB
  • @Steven_F said:
    I got notified on the 5th, when I was distracted with my aunt going on hospice. Not Skylar's fault, but had I received another bump before this week, it would have been paid.

Clients will just have to hope that moving forward there won't be anymore of these distractions and bumps.

• I'm tired of switching host.

• @qwerty11 said:
    I'm tired of switching host.

There are many known good hosts out there. DO, Vultr, Ramnode, BuyVM, Wable. You dont need to take risks by buying shit anymore, nobody does!

• SpeedyKVMSpeedyKVM Banned, Member

@JoeMerit said:
    There are many known good hosts out there. DO, Vultr, Ramnode, BuyVM, Wable. You dont need to take risks by buying shit anymore, nobody does!

Wise words, deaf on LET ears.

Thanked by 3Zen TheHackBox BharatB
  • ryanarpryanarp Member, Patron Provider

jcaleb said: i was not serious with my comment.

I know :) Just thought I would chime in for others reading.

• @JoeMerit I disagree. DigitalOcean, Vultr, Ramnode, BuyVM, Wable are really good and well known but BoltVM is very good too and offers better performance for half the price (or less). I have been a customer at BoltVM for 8 months and this is the very first time a problem occurs. I'm not minimizing it because it's really annoying but you have to look at the whole figure.

Thanked by 1ryanarp
  • LeeLee Veteran
    edited June 2015

hostingwizard_net said: very first time a problem occurs

It might be the first issue but it's not just an unavoidable technical issue which everyone could accept, it's not paying bills, totally different. When did you hear of Incero, DO, Ramnode etc not paying theirs?

Aside from that I am not convinced the performance exceeds that of those providers listed.

• @Lee I don't care about the nature of the issue: downtime is downtime, whatever the reason.
    For the performance, that depends how you measure it, what plan you have and how you use it. But if you take the price into account, that's true (at least for me).

• NeoonNeoon Community Contributor, Veteran
    edited June 2015

Yesterday i had 2 IP's i could not connect with any on these IP's to my VPS.
    Today the old IP is gone and i reach some Server in ColoCrossing which is running Apache2 with the new ip.
    So the VPS is still down, and i cant create a Ticket. He just broke with 28Hours the EDIS record which i had before.

• rokokrokok Member
    edited June 2015

Infinity580 said: Today the old IP is gone and i reach some Server in ColoCrossing which is running Apache2 with the new ip.

mine too, never installed apache -_- cant even apt-get update ;p

just one of my vps, others is good

• sleddogsleddog Member
    edited June 2015

JoeMerit said: There are many known good hosts out there. DO, Vultr, Ramnode, BuyVM, Wable. You dont need to take risks by buying shit anymore, nobody does!

Well, you don't really know if it's shit or not until you buy it. Unless you take advice from assholes. They know about shit.

Thanked by 1inthecloudblog
  • J1021J1021 Member

sleddog said: Well, you don't really know if it's shit or not untill you buy it. Unless you take advice from assholes. They know about shit.

You've no case to argue here. A change of IP with 12 hours notice is shit service. End of matter.

Thanked by 1BharatB
  • kcaj said: You've no case to argue here. A change of IP with 12 hours notice is shit service. End of matter.

For $18/year I try to adjust my expectations. It caused me zero downtime, was an inconvenience at most, so end of matter.

Thanked by 1vimalware
  • LeeLee Veteran

sleddog said: For $18/year I try to adjust my expectations

This.

Thanked by 3rokok vimalware BharatB
  • J1021J1021 Member

sleddog said: For $18/year I try to adjust my expectations. It caused me zero downtime, was an inconvenience at most, so end of matter.

An IP is a basic fundamental. They don't come in varying qualities, an IP is an IP. There is no good reason for changing a customers IP with just 12 hours notice.

Skylar has told us here that Steven's invoice was overdue by ~45 days. Another 12 hours and we'd be looking at a situation where IPs were pulled before a new arrangement could be made.

Thanked by 1BharatB