Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

BoltVM IP Changes - Page 2
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

BoltVM IP Changes

Comments

• @AnthonySmith Thanks, everything is basically sorted, this was just a big mistake.

• Rob92Rob92 Member

I'll be fine with the IP I was given now that I understand the situation more. Just want to thank you for actually caring about your customers and even being willing to help us out unlike some other hosts here that would just leave us in the dark ;p I'll definitely be keeping my service with you even after this hiccup :) Thanks again and glad to hear things are getting sorted out

• J1021J1021 Member

AnthonySmith said: That's not really unique to 1 man + a few freelance support staff companies although I appreciate that we are more vulnerable to that sort of thing, hell I don't even trust freelance support so I do everything myself and it is not a question of money.

I used to work for a company with around 30 people and if the top guy got hit by a bus the whole company would have closed because he was the financial key stone.

Even with really big companies if you have ever worked at one there are always a few key people that if they suddenly departed the shit would hit the fan.

I expect you will usually find that any VPS/dedi/hosting company with less than 15 members of staff have 1 central person that the company has no long term future without.

I've worked for a hosting company with a team of ~10 where the company has two directors appointed. Both are up to speed with the company, work alongside the team, are named on the company bank account etc. Things could easily roll along without one of them.

It may the be the norm amongst the hosts that engage with LE* but it's not how any serious business should be operating. If things are a one man show - why register as a Ltd other than to cover your own ass?

Look at it from the perspective of a business in any other sector other than hosting, looking to procure some hosting services. You want a company with a team capable of providing your solution 24/7/365. You can't put your own business on hold because your guy has had a spot of poor health/vanishes/takes a break at Her Majesty's pleasure.

Yes I know, I'm beginning to talk real business here and not LE* style. :P

• Buses in UK and US are really scary...

• namhuynamhuy Member

@DalComp said:
    Buses in UK and US are really scary...

go to vietnam and you will see

• For the price and quality which is perfect; this little hiccup is nothing, update DNS and move on. I basically had no downtime which perfect in my book. :)

• jcalebjcaleb Member

KuJoe said: Do you actually think that he would say if it wasn't?

you can still get something from the answer

Thanked by 1KuJoe
  • DalComp said: Buses in UK and US are really scary...

So it's ok in Asia? :p

• SadySady Member

I don't have any obligations, I'm much satisfied with BoltVM's support. I've their $6/yr special & have got my rDNS changed 3-4 times (I believe) & an another issue was resolved pretty quickly.
    New IP I got is clean as well :) @Steven_F Hope your Aunt will be good very shortly.

• Don't see a problem here, only takes a couple minutes to update your DNS

At least Steven didn't take "a long holiday" for 2 weeks :)

• ryanarpryanarp Member, Patron Provider

@jcaleb said:
    30minutes notice is just about right...

i remember catalyst gave us about a month or two to migrate our ip space

I recall giving a few additional notices as well :) We try to give notice so people can do it at their convenience.

• @concerto49 said:
    So it's ok in Asia? :p

In Asia buses do not target host owner, they target everyone XD

No problem with BoltVM support, they've been great. It's just that up to now I have not received the email, probably stuck with mandrill for exceeding hourly limits? @Steven_F if you want to check, my username is part of my email address.

• 4n0nx4n0nx Member

I think it's good that they managed to fix their "flub-up" :) only takes a few clicks to change IP and I know their support will respond very quickly to give a non blacklisted IP if needed.

I hope your aunt/family gets better :(

• DalComp said: In Asia buses do not target host owner, they target everyone XD

In Asia everyone is a host XD

• ExonHostExonHost Member, Host Rep

@concerto49 said:
    In Asia everyone is a host XD

:D

• jcalebjcaleb Member

ryanarp said:
    I recall giving a few additional notices as well :) We try to give notice so people can do it at their convenience.

i was not serious with my comment.

• @Rob92 said:

Thanks, you don't know what the kind words mean to me, I really appreciate them! Luckily this has been the biggest problem in our near year of hosting VPS and if all goes well in the future, it'll be the biggest problem that arises ever.

@KuJoe said:

That's definitely the most sane thing in this thread and I'd agree with you. All I can do is tell the truth. BoltVM is going strong. We've added new staff in the past few weeks and I'm working on getting us setup on our own hardware (which is why we haven't added stock in LA, to the annoyance of a lot of our customers). Add our in-house panel to that, which I'll hopefully have completed and ready for the real world in a week or two, depending on how much time I get to put into finishing everything up.

@DalComp said:

Busses in the US are amazingly well driven compared to the busses in other countries that I've been in!

• hbjlee17hbjlee17 Member, Host Rep
    edited June 2015

Steven_F said: BoltVM is going strong.

Steven_F said: I was overdue on the invoice by a month. He wanted full payment ($1,200), which I told him I wouldn't be able to pay him fully until next week, however I could have taken care of most of it today.

I dunno, something doesn't add up here. as the above two statements contradicts each other. My friend has a vps with boltvm so I recommended him to take backups of his data.

• Steven_FSteven_F Member
    edited June 2015

@hbjlee17 said:

Unfortunately, I rarely keep more than a few hundred dollars on hand in our PayPal account/accounts that PayPal has access to. If he had been willing to wait until Monday, this could have been resolved without issue.

Always take backups, though. Honestly, everyone should always have a backup, so good advice there.

Thanked by 1dlaxotn2
  • NdhaNdha Member

now OLD IP unreachable and NEW IP too..

• dlaxotn2dlaxotn2 Member
    edited June 2015

one of my two vpses is offline, but I never shut it down.
    the other one of my two vpses is online, but cannot reach it.

• The new IP will be in when received? 24 hours?

• BharatBBharatB Member, Patron Provider

@Steven_F If im worthy to even advice I'd say there are many providers in this forum who don't mind helping a fellow provider if he's upto mark and honest. Theres nothing wrong if you accept financial assistance from one of them. This sort of situation could've been avoided.

30 minute notice for such important change isn't acceptable if anyone is hosting production based projects on your servers.

• J1021J1021 Member

BharatB said: @Steven_F If im worthy to even advice I'd say there are many providers in this forum who don't mind helping a fellow provider if he's upto mark and honest. Theres nothing wrong if you accept financial assistance from one of them. This sort of situation could've been avoided.

Put your money where your mouth is Bharat.

• rokokrokok Member

This become total mess, first email instruction change from panel, now new email arrives dont change from panel

lolwhut

• @dlaxotn2 said:

Please open a ticket. The Lightning NJ node was on a Crissic IP, so the API for that server is down, but all services are up.

@rokok said:

Unfortunately, this is a bug with Virtualizor. When you change the main IP address, it just completely destroys your networking files. Nothing we could do to prevent that, except not use Virtualizor, which we're working on.

• @Ndha said:
    now OLD IP unreachable and NEW IP too..

Please open a ticket, Virtualizor will ruin your networking if you change the main IP address.

• 30 minutes notice

Yea... no, crossed off list of ISPs i'd ever use.

• Fixed the NJ Lightning API IP.

• Rob92Rob92 Member
    edited June 2015

Wow. Literally just changed my IP address from the panel and got that email 5 minutes later saying not to >.>

Edit: But what's this?! It worked just fine o.o