Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

2015 Deadpool List - Page 7
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

2015 Deadpool List

Comments

• @joepie91 said:

I would disagree on using TSV primarily. Perhaps as a choice, but TSV is still debatibly obscure, and people may be more comfortable with CSV.

Hopefully there's a good choice of main format that can be automatically translated into the others.

• I think CSV is the way to go, since there will not be many columns.

• Why not just make one file per provider?

• @singsing said:
    Why not just make one file per provider?

I don't want to make the list of just bad providers.

• Mun said: I don't want to make the list of just bad providers.

Well, you'd let maintainers put whatever they want in each file, good, bad, ugly ...

• @singsing said:
    Well, you'd let maintainers put whatever they want in each file, good, bad, ugly ...

It is a possible structure for sure, I thought the goal was to find a quick way of seeing everyone whom deadpooled this year, and not just a random list of providers that you have to search through to find if a provider deadpooled or is good.

• singsingsingsing Member
    edited November 2015

Mun said: It is a possible structure for sure, I thought the goal was to find a quick way of seeing everyone whom deadpooled this year, and not just a random list of providers that you have to search through to find if a provider deadpooled or is good.

Well, you can standardize the data in the file. For example, a DEADPOOL <year> entry. Then one can just grep for that to get a list. And other tags, OVERSOLD, DOWNTIME <hours>, LOSTMYDATA, etc.

• @joepie91 said:
    How about TSV? Tab-separated values.

I agree about Git backed file.

What's the view on markdown tables? I just discovered them after googling.

My vote goes to a Markdown powered git-backed file. (I use the Gollum wiki integrated inside gitlab for docs. I love that it's still fundamentally a file I can clone/migrate to another data management system; a future git-killer perhaps)

Sample md table generated via http://www.tablesgenerator.com/markdown_tables
    | Provider | Died | Months alive | Re-incarnations/acquitions | ?? | |----------|-------|--------------|----------------------------|---| | GVH | 2015 | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | |

• FranciscoFrancisco Top Host, Host Rep, Veteran

Are you all going to track old deadpoolers trying to come back with a new brand?

Francisco

Thanked by 1vimalware
  • lbftlbft Member
    edited November 2015

Francisco said: Are you all going to track old deadpoolers trying to come back with a new brand?

What, like this one?

There was a rumour floating around a couple of weeks ago that he was even already back on LET with another brand that nobody had figured out.

Thanked by 2Francisco lazyt
  • @Karina122 said:
    then try VPB.com
    they offer best server and different IDC center you can choose.

Why aren't you banned yet?

• @Francisco said:
    Are you all going to track old deadpoolers trying to come back with a new brand?

Francisco

It could be possible with info from the community was provided and capable of making the jump.

• @vimalware said:

Agreed, I think we will use .md based tables.

• Columns for deadpool would be something like:

Company/Name  | Website |   Date |  Event(s) |

Events would be a document that explains why they are listed, and steps to get in contact with them. It would have more detailed info on what happened, as well as the actions taken.

What other columns would you like to see?

• @Mun said:

What other columns would you like to see?

Considering recent events, a schema to model acquisition/post-acquisition behavior and changes ?

I fear I'm leading this into Relational schema territory.

• @vimalware said:

Was planning on making a second table for ownership changes.

• joepie91joepie91 Member, Patron Provider

0xdragon said: Perhaps as a choice, but TSV is still debatibly obscure, and people may be more comfortable with CSV.

Realistically, neither of them are 'real' formats that have a specification or any consistency. TSV is not going to be any harder to parse than CSV. You just split by tabs.

Markdown tables sound like a decent idea as well.

vimalware said: Considering recent events, a schema to model acquisition/post-acquisition behavior and changes ?

I fear I'm leading this into Relational schema territory.

Well... :)

• Why not just JSON documents and then you can change the parent on the document as brands get moved around.

• @joepie91 said:

haha. Neat.

• @joepie91 omg, that is a lot of connections.

@Mun said:
    joepie91 omg, that is a lot of connections.

Not even close to completed :) It's something I occasionally work on, when I'm bored.

• @joepie91 said:
    Not even close to completed :) It's something I occasionally work on, when I'm bored.

Wish it was collaborative.

edited November 2015

@Mun said:
    Wish it was collaborative.

Likely will become that at some point in the future, once I get around to the new version of my VPS provider comparison table (along with another project that's meant specifically for this kind of research). There's not really any decent open-source collaborative graph tools around.

No idea when that'll become a thing, though. Depends on how much money comes in -> how little I have to worry about making the rent ;)

• @joepie91 some things never change with you.

Github repo up! https://github.com/Munroenet/Host-Status

Master repo will still be: https://git.enjen.net/Munzy/Host-Status/tree/master

• BruceBruce Member
    edited November 2015

DEADPOOL

BigVPS.io  
    Dallas VPS  
    GreenValueHost v1 (GVH) - salvaged by XFuse/TacVPS, then acquired by Hostress  
    GreenValueHost v2 (GVH) - acquired by Hostress (from XFuse, from nuggets)  
    Viral VPS   
    Haphost   
    NatVPS/32mb.club - salvaged by MyServerPlanet   
    GoodHosting 
    Heroicvps/Spinikr  
    Neximweb - discontinued all their VPS plans  
    onebesthost.com - They were bought/given to XFuse  
    Reversehost - Clients were absorbed by HostUS. Hassan is now running Hostodo.com  
    VPS-Forge  
    Phase7 - AS47629 has not been visible in the global routing table since July 03, 2015  
    Peak Servers - acquired by ServerHub  
    Aggressive Networks  
    opticservers.com  
    VirtualSRV  
    IPsystems  [LINK](http://www.lowendtalk.com/discussion/60142/ip-systems-limited-problems)  
    RIJX, acquired by Fevvo then [acquired again by AlphaRack](http://www.lowendtalk.com/discussion/60085/rijx-customers-moved-to-alpharacks)  
    Hostress   [LINK](http://www.lowendtalk.com/discussion/65594/hostress-llc-is-vanished)
    xlvps.com http://www.lowendtalk.com/discussion/67298/xlvps-deadpooled

Ownership Change

BlueVM - now owned by New Wave NetConnect LLC (aka ChicagoVPS) 
    Crissic - [acquired by QuadraNet](http://www.lowendtalk.com/discussion/60427/crissic-has-been-acquired-by-quadranet), Crissic brand discontinued  
    Nexhost  - now owned by jmckeag12

seems there's no great progress with an alternative list, so should update it here. apart from ho-stress, who else has deadpooled ?

FYI, anyone is welcome to edit/repost this list with updates. I started the thread, but don't own it :)

• Bruce said: who else

Nexhost is now owned by jmckeag12

Thanked by 1Bruce
  • igniteservers.com (Website disappeared)

• exception0x876exception0x876 Member, Host Rep, LIR

@LES said:
    igniteservers.com (Website disappeared)

ROFL.. just wait a few hours, I am sure the owner is reading this from his phone now, so he is not able to reply