Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

2015 Deadpool List - Page 5
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

2015 Deadpool List

Comments

• I suppose you mean you have been involved with other ventures (failures) during 10(+) years as the "wombathosting" domain has only been active since 2014...

@Bruce said:
    why would you say that? 10+ years in the hosting business. will be about for while longer.

• Just charged back phase-7 yearly payment - I doubt they come back online, AS is not routed anymore and website is dead. Bank did refund me.

• FrankZFrankZ Veteran
    edited August 2015

hostingwizard_net said: one down, two up. Any communication from @johnkoozle ?

Last comment was July 2nd, though I don't think this is one of his favorite places to hang out.

• MaouniqueMaounique Host Rep, Veteran

@William said:
    Just charged back phase-7 yearly payment - I doubt they come back online, AS is not routed anymore and website is dead. Bank did refund me.

How long since the payment was made if I may ask?

• WilliamWilliam Member
    edited August 2015

around 4months - My bank told me they cannot do partial chargeback, so i got the full amount back (11$ minus 1.5EUR bank fee)

Thanked by 1Maounique
  • RIJX, acquired by Fevvo then acquired again by AlphaRack

Greetings current RIJX Customers -

RIJX is currently undergoing a management and operational restructuring process which will allow the business to evolve to levels that it was previously, and is currently incapable of reaching.

As part of the restructuring process, the users of the current iteration of RIJX VPS services have been entrusted to the care and continued service of AlphaRacks (www.alpharacks.com)
    Please note that as of this time, for the majority of customers, we do not expect there to be any changes to your service including but not limited to IP address changes.
    Your customer portal accounts, however, are being merged and integrated within the AlphaRacks customer portal, which we believe you will find to be very similar and allow you to make you way through the portal as if it were the palm of your hand.

AlphaRacks would also like to ensure that you understand they are available for you during this (hopefully seamless transition) and all customers will receive an email with additional information within 24 hours from AlphaRacks.

RIJX would like to thank you for your patronage and wishes you all the best in your current and future VPS endeavours. Please look forward to the launch of the evolution of RIJX cloud and virtualization services which are in development now.
    Any current or past RIJX customers, will at that time also be eligible for lifetime valid promotions and service specials.

Thank You
    RIJX Managemement

-
    AlphaRack Contact Information:
    www.AlphaRacks.com
    [email protected]

• William said: around 4months - My bank told me they cannot do partial chargeback, so i got the full amount back (11$ minus 1.5EUR bank fee)

Now i'm actually not sure anymore if my bank charged it back or ate the cost themself - IIRC Mastercard chargeback works only up to 90days/3months. Regardless, got my money back, so they can die in peace now even though i'm pissed they never informed anyone and just disabled servers, people without backups (or with non working backups because of their shitty network and IO quality) could got into trouble with that.

• BoltVM?

Lots of people mentioning problems and Steven has been logging onto LET (even posting in another thread) but has just been ignoring any mention of problem with BoltVM.

• BruceBruce Member
    edited August 2015

@Bruce said:
    ### Confirmed DEADPOOL

BigVPS.io
    Dallas VPS
    GreenValueHost v1 (GVH) - salvaged by XFuse/TacVPS, then acquired by Hostress
    GreenValueHost v2 (GVH) - acquired by Hostress (from XFuse, from nuggets)
    Viral VPS
    Haphost
    NatVPS/32mb.club - salvaged by MyServerPlanet
    BlueVM - now owned by New Wave NetConnect LLC (aka ChicagoVPS)
    GoodHosting
    Heroicvps/Spinikr
    Neximweb - discontinued all their VPS plans
    onebesthost.com - They were bought/given to XFuse
    Reversehost - Clients were absorbed by HostUS. Hassan is now running Hostodo.com
    VPS-Forge
    Phase7 - AS47629 has not been visible in the global routing table since July 03, 2015
    Peak Servers - acquired by ServerHub
    Aggressive Networks
    opticservers.com
    VirtualSRV
    IPsystems LINK
    RIJX, acquired by Fevvo then acquired again by AlphaRack
    Crissic - acquired by QuadraNet, Crissic brand discontinued

### Unconfirmed

cloudbells.com LINK
    1) XeepiHosting_Joe No progress. All down since July 13rd.
    2) Damian ipxadam Node down since July 21st.

### In the Doghouse

123system
    BoltVM LINK
    Apexy

• @k0nsl said:
    I suppose you mean you have been involved with other ventures (failures) during 10(+) years as the "wombathosting" domain has only been active since 2014...

correct, other ventures. different brands (not mine) and consulting/admin/design/coding. also, no failures, and no plans to start. wombathosting (and kent digital) are new brands that I own/operate.

• nexusrainnexusrain Member
    edited August 2015

@William said:
    Just charged back phase-7 yearly payment - I doubt they come back online, AS is not routed anymore and website is dead. Bank did refund me.

PayPal extended their buyers protection (or however to translate Käuferschutz) to include virtual stuff like VPS as well. Question is: I bought before they added that, can I request a chargeback anyway? Or won't it work at all because it's too long ago? Payed just 8$ (yearly plan bought during their last promotion) but all I got was ultra low performance for 2 month, if even for so "long". Sure, only 8$/y but VPS from every evoBurst product are way faster which are even far cheaper.

@Bruce said:
    @Bruce said: ### Confirmed DEADPOOL

Did you get a notification because you mentioned yourself? haha

• nexusrain said: PayPal extended their buyers protection (or however to translate Käuferschutz) to include virtual stuff like VPS as well. Question is: I bought before they added that, can I request a chargeback anyway?

No idea, i paid with CC - I think they used stripe for that.

• BruceBruce Member
    edited August 2015

Confirmed DEADPOOL

BigVPS.io
    Dallas VPS
    GreenValueHost v1 (GVH) - salvaged by XFuse/TacVPS, then acquired by Hostress
    GreenValueHost v2 (GVH) - acquired by Hostress (from XFuse, from nuggets)
    Viral VPS
    Haphost
    NatVPS/32mb.club - salvaged by MyServerPlanet
    BlueVM - now owned by New Wave NetConnect LLC (aka ChicagoVPS)
    GoodHosting
    Heroicvps/Spinikr
    Neximweb - discontinued all their VPS plans
    onebesthost.com - They were bought/given to XFuse
    Reversehost - Clients were absorbed by HostUS. Hassan is now running Hostodo.com
    VPS-Forge
    Phase7 - AS47629 has not been visible in the global routing table since July 03, 2015
    Peak Servers - acquired by ServerHub
    Aggressive Networks
    opticservers.com
    VirtualSRV
    IPsystems LINK
    RIJX, acquired by Fevvo then acquired again by AlphaRack
    Crissic - acquired by QuadraNet, Crissic brand discontinued
    Hostress abandons ex-XFuse/TacVPS-exGVH customers (no info if Hostress continues)

Unconfirmed

cloudbells.com LINK
    XeepiHosting_Joe No progress. All down since July 13rd.
    Damian ipxadam Node down since July 21st.

In the Doghouse

BoltVM LINK
    Apexy

• ErnieErnie Patron Provider, Veteran

@Bruce said:

In the Doghouse

123system

You can remove 123systems from that list. That brand isnt going anywhere. We are putting a lot of resources into it and the customers are taken care of.

Thanked by 1Bruce
  • FlamesRunnerFlamesRunner Member
    edited August 2015

So if I order with that 50% coupon, and get a $4.5 256MB server, I won't be disappointed like last time? (I had been migrated to different nodes as the network speeds dropped to a whopping 12kb/s)

Edit: Sorry, wasn't 1kb/s - rather 12kb/s

@FlamesRunner said:
    So if I order with that 50% coupon, and get a $4.5 256MB server, I won't be disappointed like last time? (I had been migrated to different nodes as the network speeds dropped to a whopping 1kb/s)

If you want to signup and give it a try I welcome you to. If you or any other customer runs into any problems feel free to contact me.

• @FlamesRunner said:
    network speeds dropped to a whopping 1kb/s

Sounds like quality service!

• i like @bruce. good man. thank list bruce! i read.

Thanked by 1Bruce
  • FlamesRunnerFlamesRunner Member
    edited August 2015

I'll um, see about it, I guess.

Not now, maybe later.

Edit: Was actually 12kb/s - not sure it makes a difference though.

I actually transferred all my data to DO, then eventually ended up going to @TinyTunnel_Tom for a VPS.

My SSH was quite sluggish, so I just let the server expire.

Thanked by 1TinyTunnel_Tom
  • added promo code to my sig, for those needing Crissic / Hostress-GVH rescue deals. risk-free trials available, if you want to try before you buy

• @Ernie, did you make this coupon?

HQAS******

@FlamesRunner said:
    Ernie, did you make this coupon?

HQAS******

Im unsure which that is. Feel free to PM me I can take a look.

• @ernie create coupon CRYSTAL

• add hostress
    It's going crazy fast to hit deadpool

• @Nodejs said:
    add hostress
    It's going crazy fast to hit deadpool

the list is for what has happened, not what might happen

• MaouniqueMaounique Host Rep, Veteran

Bruce said: the list is for what has happened, not what might happen

Indeed, by that logic, everyone will deadpool sooner or later.

• @Bruce said: the list is for what has happened, not what might happen

http://www.lowendtalk.com/discussion/61075/hostress-gives-up-gvh-clients#latest, so the GVH part of Hostress deadpooled.

• @linuxthefish said:
    Can still order stuff...

Poor guy is still in Cuba relaxing and forgot to pay the bills... wait, the WHMCS installation is probably nulled now so he could cut some costs...

• @Maounique

It depends - only a fool would have to deadpool after trying to resell off of GVH V3.

• Bitcable has announced they are ceasing operations as of 01 October 2015. No reason given. At least they gave decent warning...